Spectacular Views of Puget Sound, Mt. Baker, Cascade Mountains to Seattle!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bainbridge Island estate description
Skiff Point Guest House and Retreat has two inviting private and spacious units; The Loft Suite and the Carriage House. Both of these units have fully equipped kitchens, lovely living areas, dining and sleeping areas offer casual elegance and comfort. Warm light fills the spacious two-story high-ceilinged suites. Relaxing decks expand your amazing views.
The Loft Suite offers a romantic feel but offers the best views on the property. It has its own entrance and is on a second level. You enter in and go up an inside staircase. Everything is on the main living area. There is a comfortable and beautifully done railed ladder that has rails on both sides, posts at bottom and top with a ballast that takes you up to a sumptuous queen size bed up in a loft. You'll view Puget Sound and have a fantastic view of Mt. Baker and you will feel like you're sleeping in the treetops! There is a flat screen television and DVD/Blue Ray player in the Loft living area as well as a television up in the bedroom. The Loft Suite has a fully equipped kitchenette so you can eat in if you desire. You can cook and enjoy the lights of Seattle from the dining table as well as everywhere else on the main living area. The bathroom has an old fashioned claw bathtub with shower. This unit also has a brand new queen size sleeper sofa that can sleep two people. This sleeper is very comfortable as it has had some added comfort to it and its new! Four people can comfortably enjoy this suite and offers you a beautiful getaway.
The Carriage House is in a separate dwelling up on a second level. The queen size bedroom features glass French doors opening to the living space and deck. Guests can enjoy views of the water and mountains from the bedroom and living room. This unit has a loft with a queen size bed and there is access to a queen size and twin size air mattress to use to accommodate extra guests. There is a full size kitchen with an oven/stove range and all the comforts of home. There is also a wood stove to enjoy on cold evenings or just to snuggle by the fire and that perfect glass of wine. Wood is provided upon request. There is a large flat screen television DVD and Blue Ray player with plenty of seating to enjoy each others company. It's your own home away from home. The Inn Keeper will be more than happy to prepare a fire if you'd like to make that special evening that much more special and also if you'd like a bottle of champagne chilled just ask as guests are treasured and your enjoyment of every moment here is our goal!
Lose yourself on our country island with beach walks, unique shops, galleries, great restaurants and world-famous Blodell Reserve. The majestic Olympics, historic attractions and Seattle are all within easy reach. Your Hostess and Inn Keeper will assure you have a memorable visit. Short and Long term stays are available. Remember to book you summer trip early in advance. The Summer months fill up early so mark your calendars!
In walking distance there is beaches as well as the Rolling Bay Mercantile Building where they offer fresh produce from local farmers as well as a garden nursery and also clothing items. There is the Rolling Bay Cafe to get a cup of espresso or your favorite tea, cider or hot cocoa. This cafe offers daily baked pastries, breakfast sandwiches as well as lunches. Across the street is a mini market that carries all the basics you might need as well as a large selection of wines. Next door there is Villa Rosa which has the best Italian food around. Meatballs and lasagna are a favorite here. You can eat it in their bistro setting or bring it back to your suite to heat up and enjoy with a view.
The Ferry is located only 5 minutes away by car as well as the downtown area called 'Winslow'. You will find a lot of restaurants and botiques, gallieries and there is the new art museum. The kids even have their own museum! Plenty to do or just hang in and enjoy the surroundings. You can take beautiful walks along Manitou Beach and see Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker as well as Seattle. Breathtaking!
If you are looking for breakfast to be served, that can be arranged at an additional fee. A basket of fruit, eggs, butter, pastries and cheese can be placed in your suite. The kitchen is stocked with coffee and tea at no charge. Happy to leave cream or milk with no charge. Just ask and your hostess will have it for you!
You will love all the amenities each suite has. Everything you need is equipped in each suite. Skiff Point treasures it's guests and offers so many nice touches to make you feel special. Look forward to having you stay here!
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Towels Provided:
- Wood Stove:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Skiff Point Guest House stocks the kitchens with all the necessities to cook in. There are some items to enjoy in the kitchen and if you'd like a special basket of food items left in your suite for a minimal fee, happy to accommodate guests! Both suites are kept immaculate and very clean! If there is any special occasion we aim to please just ask and we will take care of the extra details for you! From a simple and romantic wedding to a getaway. If your children come they will feel like they are up in the treetops where there is a loft in the Carriage House for their space to sleep....moreless
- DVD Player
- Video Library
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
Enjoy golfing? Meadomeer Golf course has tee times for those who would like to take in some golfing while vacationing. Ask for specials or discounts that maybe available to guests. Only minutes away!...moreless
Kayak / Canoe:
There are rentals for kayaks and canoes in Winslow on Bainbridge Island as well as there is close access if you bring your own. At some point in time Skiff Point will obtain a few kayaks for guests....moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View:
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Equestrian Events
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Whale Watching
- Skiff Point Guest House and Retreat has two inviting suites (The Loft Suite) and (The Carriage House). The Reservation Calendar may have availability so please inquire even if showing booked as it may be available! There is still time to make your plans for the end of summer! Inquire with your dates and I will respond quickly to let you know if it is available. Both units are with fully equipped living, dining and sleeping areas offer casual elegance and comfort. Warm lights fills the spacious two-story high-ceilinged suites. Relaxing decks expand your amazing views. The Loft Suite offers a romantic feel but offers the best views on the property. It has its own entrance and is on a second level. There is a comfortable railed ladder on both sides with posts at the bottom and top with a ballast that takes you up to a sumptuous queen size bed up in a loft. You'll view Puget Sound and have a fantastic view of Mt. Baker and you will feel like you're sleeping in the treetops and on a cloud as some guests have described! There is a flat screen HD television and blue ray player in the Loft living area as well as an LED television up in the bedroom. The Loft Suite has a fully equipped kitchenette to eat in if you desire to cook and enjoy the lights of Seattle from the dining table as well as everywhere else on the main living area. The bathroom has an old fashioned claw bathtub with shower. This unit also has a new queen size pull out sofa that can sleep two people. Four people can comfortably enjoy this suite and offers you a beautiful getaway. The Carriage House is in a completely separate dwelling and is up on a second level. The queen size bedroom features glass French doors with curtains so you can have complete privacy if you have extra guests traveling with you. The French Doors also open to the living space and to the outside deck. Guests can enjoy views of the water and mountains. This suite has a loft accessed by a railed ladder where an inviting queen size bed is. This suite can accommodate up to 6 people (but will be a bit crowded beyond 4 people). There is a twin or a queen size air mattress (actual bed size height) and are self inflating that plug in to use to accommodate extra guests. There is a full size kitchen with a new oven range and all the comforts of home. There is a large flat screen television and Blue Ray player with plenty of seating in the living room. This unit has one bathroom and has a shower. There is also a wood stove to enjoy on cool evenings. Your innkeeper will be happy to have a fire going so your suite is nice and cozy when you arrive. Just ask and your wish will be granted. You have your own driveway and there is also a lovely garden to enjoy as well as the property grounds that offer a spectacular view. Lose yourself on our country island with beach walks, unique shops, galleries, great restaurants and world-famous Blodell Reserve. The majestic Olympics, historic attractions and Seattle are all within easy reach. There is a local historic mercantile building located within walking distance that offers organic produce, garden plants, home nautical items as well as clothing and don't forget to get some freshly baked bread. There is also the Rolling Bay Cafe that offers daily baked fresh pastries and serves lunch. Across the street from the cafe is a mini market and an Italian Deli where you can eat in their bistro setting or bring back to your suite to cook up or re-heat. Their lasagna is the best! You have all you need if you do not feel like venturing out far. There is also Rolling Bay Winery down by Manitou Beach which is also located within walking distance to Skiff Point Guest House. We are located just short of 5 minutes drive from the Ferry terminal and downtown area. There is a new bus called 'The Frog Hopper' which is new this year. Travelers can pick the bus up at the Ferry Terminal for $7 and it takes you to the popular locations on the island including Rolling Bay Hay & Feed which is walking distance to Skiff Point, it also takes you to other locations like Lynnwood center for shops. the TreeHouse Cafe (great pizza) an event center, The Beach House Restaurant, and of course the Frog Hopper takes you to the historical 'Frog Rock'. This bus only runs July through September. We are hoping it will expand its months of operation and also it is possibility in expanding off the island. There is also Kitsap Tours which gives you a great historical tour. You will feel like you are really getting away here at this special place where memories begin and last a lifetime. Please call if you would like to inquire about availability and if you have any questions you'd like answered. As your hostess and innkeeper I am happy to accommodate you in anyway I can. You can go to our website to view more information at www.skiffpoint.com or go the our facebook page for links to area attractions and events. Hope to hear from you!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 - Apr 15, 2014
2 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 30, 2014
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change and based on the unit you are staying in and the number in your party. Please inquire about special rates and exact quote for your stay! If staying for 30 days or longer there is no sales tax and a special rate will be given for long term stays. Sometimes things get broken beyond wear and tare. if so you will be notified and charged up to $140 for any damages.
- Tax Rate 10.6%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: SeaTac Airport at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Bainbridge Island and Coleman Dock Seattle, WA at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Downtown Seattle, Union Square Station at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 305 at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fay Bainbridge at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Hitchcocks, The Docks, Tree House Cafe at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Stevens Pass at 60 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Meadowmeer Golf Course at 2.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Villa Rosa, Rolling Bay Cafe at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 1983
About the owner: Skiff Point Guest House was originally founded by Janice Parker. Jan's daughter; Kristin is the owner and hostess carrying on her mother's legacy. Kristin has been running the inn over the past few years now. This is a very special place to myself and my guests. I have had guests that have returned every year for the past many years which makes this a home away from home for many of my guests who have become dear friends. 'Come as strangers and leave as friends'. Following in my mother's footsteps I am carrying on her legacy..... I love making this a special place for my guests, giving them a wonderful place to stay and enjoy. I always leave little special touches for my guests including treats like dark chocolate, perhaps a bottle of wine for those that are staying for a week or more, fresh flowers, bath salts, and more... I want my guests to feel like they are really getting a treat and I love being an innkeeper. Your comfort is so important to me! My mother tastefully decorated the units with her gift of interior designing and a great eye for beauty! I had made some wonderful changes to the suites and am continuing to make upgrades to the units to make them more luxurious and inviting for everyone to enjoy. As your hostess I am happy to help you make your travel plans, personally talk to you about any questions you might have and provide all that I can to make your visit that much more special.
Why the Owner Chose Bainbridge Island:
Why pick Skiff Point Guest House & Retreat? The view and beautiful surroundings with privacy! You also will feel the peacefulness this place has to offer. Skiff Point Guest House & Retreat is family owned and has been passed down to myself and my brother from our mother. She loved this place and wanted it to be a special retreat for guests to enjoy and go away with long lasting memories feeling pampered and rested.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
It's the location and the view that make guests fall in love with this home. You will feel the sea water breezes coming up off the bluff, watching the bald eagles soar and simply relaxing will give you all that you need to have a relaxing getaway. The Loft Suite offers a romantic setting and the Carriage House also offers the same but each unit has its own feel. The Carriage House is great for families as it's layout is a bit more spacious and offers a little more privacy for all. There are two queen size beds and the master bedroom closes off with French Doors so you have plenty of privacy from other family and friends that may be accompanying you. The Loft Suite is so romantic and you will enjoy a view that you will never forget!
- Primary: +1 206-842-7026 Call anytime except for 9pm to 7am PST
- Secondary: +1 206-409-8490 If unable to reach on primary no. and emergencies
Loft Suite Bedroom, sumptuous and cozy! Enjoy views of Mt. Baker and the water.
View from the Loft Suite Kitchen to the Living Room
The Loft Suite Living Room, a new couch is there now for extra guests.
The Loft Suite dining table offers romance.
Loft Suite, private garden entrance.
The Carriage House view of Living Room.
View of the boats coming into Puget Sound right from either Suite!
View of the Carriage House Kitchen and the ladder that takes you up to the loft
A view of the Carriage House from the garden in bloom.
View of Mt. Baker.
Rolling May Mercantile Building and the 'Rolling Bay Cafe'
Back view of property looking up at the Loft Suite and deck.
View of the rails put on the ladder to the bedroom & new lighting in The Loft
The Loft Suite's new couch! Oh so very comfortable. Very comfy queen!
Loft Suite Deck. Enjoy the Lounge chairs on a nice day taking in the view!
There is romance in the air in the Loft Suite
Views from the deck and bedroom of the Carriage House Suite.
View of Carriage House from the Living Room into the bedroom.
View of the Sunset and the Cascade Mountains.
Poppies along Maintou Beach
View of the main house.
View from the Garden.
Fall Colors at the Marina.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!