Comfortable Country Home Set in Breathtaking Mountain Valley
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Costa del Sol - Malaga chateau / country house description
Seemingly remote, but surprisingly close to town, this large “finca” already farmed by Romans, extends itself through thirteen acres of land, at the bottom of one of the most beautiful valleys of Andalucia. It is accessible through a remote controlled iron gate at the top of the path that leads directly to the house.
Carefully restored, it offers six large and airy bedrooms all with ensuite facilities, power showers in large enclosures. Guests come directly at floor level from the parking area, under the ancient oak trees, into the very ample distribution hall and bedrooms, The “girasoles” bedroom has a separate entrance through its own terrace. All bedrooms have very large beds: 72”x78” (1.80x2.mts) with firm mattresses and 100% Egyptian cotton linen. In Winter the goose down duvets are delightful.
Going down the easy stairs, (the steps are very low and comfortable) are the sitting rooms at different levels, which open onto the terraces. The dining room, kitchen and pantry are also
in this floor.
The two sitting rooms have been designed to offer intimate corners where different members of a large family can keep a certain degree of privacy and comfort. The kitchen, with views to the countryside is airconditioned and well supplied , and the dining room is a beautiful area.There are two large terraces at different levels, with plenty of tables and chairs.
Maid service from Monday to Friday, from 1100AM to 1:00 PM is included in price.
Wi-Fi has been installed throughout the house and is offered at no charge to guests. Cable TV.
TELEPHONE SIGNAL is possible, around parking area.
On request CHEFF IS AVAILABLE for DINNERS, as well as baby sitter, or extra maid service. Please inquire to find out price.
Because of FOREST FIRE DANGER, BARBECUES are prohibited by law.
Bed linen is changed every seven days. Towels are changed every four days, if the stay is seven days or longer. Swimming pool towels are also offered . Heating is included.
Wood for fire place: guests are welcome to pick whatever wood is available in the property at no cost.
This milennary finca, already inhabited in the Neolithic period and heavily colonized by Romans and Arabs spreads itself among 13 acres of grazing land, with plenty of fruit trees like pomegranates, quinces, persimmons, plums, fig trees, and
blackberries, which thrive among ornamental plants. There is a XII century, water cistern reached through a lavander path which contitutes one of the most romantic hide aways of the property. Another reference is the modern swimming pool, built in the same ancient Arab tradition, surrounded by lavender, and fragrant myrtle.
Located in a pre-Natural Park area this large 'finca' is highly protected by enviromental regulations and barbecues are strictly prohibited by law. We are approximately twenty minutes away from Parque Natural Sierra de Grazalema and the Zahara de la Sierra dam, where it is possible to fish barbs, carps or basses of fairly good dimensions, while enjoying beautiful landscape.The largest cork tree forest in Spain, Natural Park of Los Alcornocales,of some 414.000 acres, which extends itself from Tarifa to near Grazalema, is the habitat for large number of spectacular rhododendrom bushes, among other beautiful flora, as well as a rich variety of birds of prey. Parque Natural Sierra de las Nieves, around half hour away, counts with 85% of the world's 'Pinsapo' forest, an ancient fir that survived the last glaciation, although now in danger of extinction. All this makes the area specially interesting for hikers, speleologists, bird watchers and Nature loving people in general.
With a different, totally separate entrance, María has her own private house and garden within the finca. Guests are welcome to call on her, but she will never intrude their privacy, however if her assistance is needed she'll be glad to help.
Of course the swimming pool, terraces and walks are for the exclusive use of guests
In María's house also lives Perriki, her dog who runs freely through the property, as well as a number of semi-wild cats and kittens.
There are also a number of shy red deer who lately have migrated from the neighbouring hills to our beautiful finca.
The beach is just forty five minutes away in San Pedro de Alcántara, through one of the most beautiful roads of Spain, from where, in clear days, you can see Gibraltar and the coast of Africa. Marbella a bit further East with all its luxurious shops .
We are only three kilometers away from the nearest bar and less than 3.5Kms from a number of restaurants. Nevertheless, when you come for the first time,you will have the impression that are entering a remote place,but in spite of it, we are only a mile away from Ronda town and all its amenities.
- Chateau / Country House
- 450 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- The entrance to all bedrooms is at ground level,so that the traveller comes in directly from the outside to his room, but because of unevenness in the ground, Room I, II, and III if seen from the outside seem to be one floor above, with balconies in Room I and Room II. Room III is also above the ground floor and has large window. These three rooms face West and have sun in the afternoon. Rooms IV and V are at ground level overlooking the house entrance garden. Both face East having sun in the morning. All six bedrooms have the same ensuite facilities, hair dryers, and augmentation mirrors, ...moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Conde Nast TRAVELLER magazine, in John's Gill great article about us 'Finding the remote' describes La Cazalla de Ronda showers as, '...in the shape of a mihrab' The power showers, without curtains or separation doors, are incorporated to the bedrooms as if they were sculptures and they are large and comfortable. The bathrooms are small, but beautiful and comfortable, all of them having augmentation mirrors and wall- hair dryers. As for the bidets, a northern European space saving trend has been adopted here an this is, that by the side of the toilet a hand shower has been added, so that it can be positioned directly towards the toilet and used as you would a bidet. Upstairs, by the hall leading to the bedrooms, there is another toilet room for visitors....moreless
- .W-IFI- Because of the remote area in which we are, although we have access to internet by satellite, at times the speed could fail. About AIR CONDITIONED..,... People coming into the house during the Summer often ask if the air conditioned is on. There is not, excepting the kitchen.All bedrooms have wall fans.The house is very cool, as long as WARM CLIMATE NORMS ARE FOLLOWED, this is: close all windows after breakfast, and open only when the sun is low, and leave them opened all night long. Here it is possible because the house is completely protected with Andalusian bars and MOSQUITO NETS IN ALL WINDOWS, so that no birds or insects can come in. CAUTION: THE POOL HAS NOT DEPTH ENOUGH FOR JUMPING IN. Although children can have a wonderful time exploring our property, there are areas that could be dangerous for unsupervised younger...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Rain Forests
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
- Live Theatre
- Laundrette - Not Serviced
- Horse Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Laundrette - Serviced
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Room
forms of payment
- Accepts Credit Card
- Iron & Board
- Parking On Street
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Basic Soaps
- Wireless Internet
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Pantry Items:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Grinder
- Dishes & Utensils
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
It has been a fantastic vacation for usGuest comment entered by owner
It has been a fantastic vacation for us
Dear María, thank you for your hospitality. It has been a fantastic vacation for us. Your house is a haven of peace, and puts you back in contact with nature, as from very early in the morning you can hear birds singing, bells of goats grazing in the mountain, and we even saw deer one afternoon. Breakfast in the terrace, beneath a pergola of wisteria, admiring that wild forest was delightful and so relaxing... The house is very functional, and well equipped; we have been very comfortable cooking and generally enjoying every bit of it. May God allo us to come back some day
- Guest Roberto's family
- Date of stay 06/22/13
- Review Submitted 07/11/13
La Cazallaronda, a hidden gem!
La Cazallaronda, a hidden gem!
Originally built as a small hotel, there is a huge amount of space in which to relax and unwind even for a large group ( we are a family of six). The bedrooms are large, spacious and airy, each with its own en suite shower and toilet. Downstairs there is a huge living space with plenty of comfortable seating as well as a small library. There is a very large outdoor patio with a canopy of vines, lots of seating and several large tables for dining. There is also an indoor dining room and a large very well equipped kitchen and larder with industrial sized cooker, freezer, 2 fridges, washing machine, dishwasher etc. Outside there is a large amount of garden with areas of woodland and orchard all surprisingly lush due to its secluded and stunning valley location. The swimming pool area is charming with awninged shades for loungers flanking the pool and rows of lavender bushes. The pool itself is narrow but quite long and a good size. The house is very clean and well presented, the gardens and pool all well maintained. Maria who owns the property and Rodrigo her son are extremely welcoming, helpful and knowledgeable. The road to the property is quite rough but is due for renovation in the near future. Many thanks to Maria and Rodrigo for a wonderful stay!
- Guest miles h.
- Date of stay 08/11/12
- Review Submitted 09/09/12
...heaven of peace and tranquility...Guest comment entered by owner
...heaven of peace and tranquility...
"We had a wonderful time at La Cazalla the property was beautifully spacious and the swimming pool was a heaven of peace and tranquility. We loved the fact that although we were only 5 minutes from Ronda we felt as through we were isolated in nature. We will definitely recommend La Cazalla to all our friends and hope to visit again next year. Thank you Maria and Rodgrigo." - Nathan Hutchings
- Guest Nathan Hutchings
- Date of stay 08/01/12
- Review Submitted 08/11/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2014
4 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellations must be made by email and receipt acknowledged by renter.
Those cancellations received up to 30 days prior to arrival will have full refund.
Cancellations received after 30 days prior to arrival date will have no refund. This also applies in case of premature departure.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €200
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Malaga, Seville, Jerez, at 95 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Algeciras at 102 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Ronda at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: 369 Carretera de Algeciras at 2.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: San Pedro de Alcántara at 45 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: La Cuadra at 2.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Granada at 170 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: San Pedro de Alcántara at 45 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: La Almocabar at 3 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: During ten years lived in the United States and after returning to Spain worked for a very large and competitive Spanish fashion company. After some time I realized that what I really needed was to return to a simple life, in natural setting and decided to sell my house in Madrid. I was lucky enough to be able to do it and it was then when I said good bye to my boss and started to hunt down for my private paradise. It took a few years of stuborn search to find the finca of my dreams; I founded and now I am happy to share it with all my guests.
Why the Owner Chose Costa del Sol - Malaga:
Private and secluded, surrounded by unspoilt Nature, and yet, only five kilometers from Ronda, one of the most beautiful towns in Spain, not only for its historic buildings but for its fascinating landscape Ronda has the charm of the small towns but at the same time it offers modern shops, large supermarkets, good restaurants large hospital, etc.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
This combination of beautiful natural setting, feeling of seclusion, and yet proximity to urban amenities, makes this finca the ideal vacation place for those who truly enjoy Nature and want to get away from it all and yet wish to have quick access to a modern town facilities.
- Primary: +34 952 11 41 75 available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Secondary: +34 678 45 60 16
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Partial view of upper sitting-room
...on our way to the blue dining room
Fireplace in Winter
Room I - mosquito nets in all windows & balconies
Room V facing front entrance, East
shower&door to small bathroom
Wysteria in April - upper level terrace
Partial view of house and driveway coming from remote controlled iron gate.
The swimming pool; swimming in the midst of nature.
entrance to the bedrooms: upper floor
Francisco's sheep in the finca's meadow
Blue dining room and partial view of sitting room
Roman sitting area
entrance to Roman sitting area
Los girasoles:large bedroom with private terrace and entrance.
Partial view of kitchen
lower level terrace
partial view of back part of house and surrounding mountains.
The Arab 'alberca'
path to the XII century 'alberca' in April
The garden in August
Perriki and Chico, the House dog& cat
6 Bedroom / 6.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
+34 952 11 41 75
available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.