You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
York Harbor house description
Mayfair, a late-19th-century shingle style home with an ocean view, is located in the heart of York Harbor, Maine. It is an expression typical of the grand seaside homes of its era. Nestled in one of the most sought after areas of York, Mayfair is within walking distance to the Harbor Beach, Fisherman’s Walk and wonderful local restaurants.
A true classic, built in 1903 by Henry Blanchard Dominick, a New York City silversmith who was a contemporary of Louis Comfort Tiffany, and supplied Tiffany’s with silver goods. In 2007, this home was the 18th Annual Decorator Show House presented by The Museums of Old York. The home was completely restored to the highest standards incorporating such charming details as fireplaces in the living and dining rooms, gourmet chef’s eat in kitchen, private porches and verandas, and an old-fashioned porte-cochere. There are five spacious bedrooms and a master bedroom suite with fireplace and exercise room.
Mayfair sleeps 15 people comfortably.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15, Beds for 15
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Wood Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Recreation Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Health/Beauty Spa
- York, maine is a quaint town located at the southwest corner of the state on the Atlantic ocean. First settled in 1692, york offers a unique mix of history and fun! The historical society maintains several museums in the center of town so that visitors can learn all about the town. York has three beaches, three golf courses, a zoo/amusement park, and an abundance of great food and shopping!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our family had a large group reunion to celebrate our parents 60th wedding anniversary. Families from around the country gathered with each family having their own spacious bedroom. The air conditioning was not working on the third floor upon our arrival but the owners were taking care of the situation and had everything in tiptop shape immediately! The beauty of the house as well as the yard was spectacular.We cooked in the fantastic kitchen most nights but also had nice restaurants to enjoy within walking distance. The walk down the street to the small park and then York Beach was perfect for the family to enjoy the ocean. The owners supply extra beach towels/chairs for beach use. The family enjoyed game nights on the spacious back porch, s-mores around the fire pit as well as a spectacular fireworks display seen from the back yard from York Harbor. It was a vacation getaway that gave us memories we'll treasure for a lifetime!
- Guest FD (Upstate New York)
- Date of stay 06/30/13
- Review Submitted 07/22/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Sep 1 - Dec 31
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 30
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
All reservations are Sunday-Sunday.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$250 Cleaning fee, ME State occupancy tax, $2,000 refundable security deposit.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Boston Logan International Airport at 65 Miles
- Nearest Train: Wells Transportation Center at 15.7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-95 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: York Harbor Beach at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Ship's Cellar Pub at the York Harbor Inn at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: York Golf and Tennis Club at 2.4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Ship's Cellar Pub at the York Harbor Inn at 0.2 Miles
Back of the house.
Queen bedroom with pullout couch
Front of the house
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, October 19, 2013