Palatial Tropical Palapa Mansion Front of the Gulf of Mexico
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Isla Holbox house description
WELCOME to 'Our Home' CASA CARACOL. (House Of Shells) Probably the most Unique Private Home on Isla Holbox.
CASA CARACOL has been our home since 2000 and we visit often from our Mainland home in Valladolid Yucatan where our daughter attends High School. Located in the Heart of Holbox Directly on the Gulf Of Mexico with 'FOREVER' Sea Views + AWESOME Nightly Sunsets, sipping your Favorite beverage from your Private Palapa Verranda or Covered Front porch.
Located just 1 Block to Town Square where you'll find ALL of the Great Holbox Restaurants, Shops & Bars. There is NO better location.......WALK to everything or Rent a Golf Car (We can help) to EXPLORE Holbox's 7 mile long beaches.
CASA CARACOL features 2 Private A/C Bedrooms with full bath/shower + Upstairs Loft (The kids Love this!) Main Bedroom has 1 King Bed, Giant Closet, Make-Up Vanity etc. 2nd bedroom has 2 Double beds, Big Closet etc. BOTH Have Complete Gulf Of Mexico View! Upstairs loft has 1 Double Bed. Sleeps 6-7 comfortably + there are Mayan Style Hammocks (Kids LOVE-EM) Perfect for 1 family or 2 Couples with Built-in PRIVACY!
CASA CARACOL has a Generous Dining Room/salon area Table sits 6 + a Breakfast table in the kitchen for 4. The Kitchen is Fully Equipped with Stove, Refrigerator/Freezer, Microwave, Coffee Maker (1st mornings coffee's on us !!!) Blender, Toaster, Plates Dishes etc. AND XM Satellite Radio with 120 Channels of MUSIC, Sports, Talk Radio etc etc...INCLUDED!
In the rear Patio is a Gas Grill for BBQ'ing your Catch of the Day or steaks etc.
WiFi...........HIGH SPEED Digital Internet Access 24/7. Bring your Laptop, I-Pad....We'll give you the 'code' So you can keep in touch with Loved ones/Family back home.
The FOCAL POINT is the Million $$$ View. The Private Palapa out front is a great Morning Coffee Spot & of course the SUNSETS! (Every night is different as you watch the SUN Sink S-L-O-W-L-Y in the west! Margarita tyme? Red or White wine!
Your weekly rental with us includes DAILY 4 Hour Maid Service! Our Housekeeper, Manuella is a jewel of a person, who'll do your dishes, Clean Up, Make your beds, etc every morning from 7-11am !!!! No additional charge for her services but TIPS would be appreciated by her. NO other Rental Property on Holbox offers this Exclusive service. You're ON VACATION !!!!! RELAX & Enjoy Holbox!!
CASA CARACOL rents on a Weekly Basis (Sat-Sat) We Expect FULL Occupancy during the Christmas/New Years Holidays & During Summer Whale Shark Season June 1 - Sept 15...see
Stays of less than a Week (4 night Minimum) During Off season considered on a 'Case by Case' basis. Call us lets talk!
PRIVACY! YES YES YES...There are 14 Mature Palms on the Grounds CO-COnuts (Ask Manuella to crack a couple & Enjoy FRESH COCONUT Milk!, Manila & Royal Palms.
CASA CARACOL is a GREAT VALUE! Compared to 2 Couples renting 2 'Tiny' Rooms @ Local Hotels for $100-$200@ Night, or a Family renting 2-3 Rooms for You & the kids....You'll have your OWN PALAPA MANSION! A Place you're sure to reccomend to Family & friends and perhaps return to Again, & again!
Holbox has become a Haven for ECO-Tourism lovers due to the wide diversity of Sealife here, Bird Watching, Kite Boarding, Kyaking, Fishing (Deep Sea,Shore, Bay & Fly Fishing for Snook & Tarpon) Shelling all along the wide beaches......TAME Gulf Of Mexico Emerald Blue/Green waters 'WITHOUT' the sometimes 'Dangerous' Undertows so Common in Cancun & Riviera Maya Caribbean Coast Beaches) SAFE SAFE SAFE for the Kiddies!
CASA CARACOL is a SMOKE FREE Home No Smoking inside the home, but theres plenty of Space outside for a Good Cigar etc. NO PETS (Guess you understand) Kids Welcome of course.
CASA CARACOL is Not a PARTY HOUSE For Spring Breakers. Minimum age of Adults 25 Please....Trust you understand. SENIORS & BABY BOOMERS WELCOME!
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
(2) USA/CANADA Direct Unlimited Incoming & outgoing calls 24/7. Your very own DIRECT LINE back home Just Dial 1 + AC + Number. Give to family back home then you'll be in constant contact 24/7...moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Isla Holbox is the 'UN-CANCUN'! NO High-Rise Hotels, NO CARS! Main source of transportation is Walking,. Biking, Renting a Golf Car. Its like going back in time to lets say Key West, Isla Mujeres, or Cozumel in the 50's! Sit on your covered Patio's and watch the local Fishermen bringing in the days catch! Our Daily housekeeper/Maid will even help you prepare your very own 'CATCH OF THE DAY'! We say 'Isla Holbox' is where you come to 'RE-CHARGE' your Life's batteries! Sleep when you're tired, Eat when you're hungry Prepare in the ample Fully Stocked Kitchen.....OR eat out at all of Holbox's Fabulous Restaurants! (Don't forget to try the 'LOBSTER PIZZA'!, its to DIE FOR! and Drink when you're Thirsty. Read a Good Book, Watch the Birds, DO the Whale Shark Tour during Whale Shark season June 1 - Sept 15 We can provide Top Quality Tours. Wanna visit the ruins @ Chichen Itza or Ek Balam? Easily done as a DAY TRIP.... also we can provide using Local Transport & Knowledgeable Guides! We can also include on your booking SAFE SECURE 'Door To Door' transfers from Cancun Airport....Less than 2 hours away! for you & your Entire Family/group! Hows that for Convenience! Take a Quik 20 minute trip to a hidden area on the mainland where Fresh Water 'Pours' out of the ground At a Ground Level Cenote called 'YALAHAU'. Which is how Holbox was Founded 160 Years ago! The Pirates would come here to Fill-Up with fresh water. They married some of the Mainland women & the Descendants of the 7 Original Families still live on Holbox. THEY, do not look Mexican! They have a 'Pirates Twinge' + they view everyone else as 'outsiders'! CRAZY but true. Seriously, a refreshing dip in Yalahau COOL 68 degree water on a Hot summer day is an absolute MUST While visiting Holbox, as is another quik side trip in the same Bay area to the Towers on 'BIRD ISLAND'! Climb the towers to view the majestic birds here. Over 150 Different species here @ various times of the year...Its a MUST-DO! Yes we can arrange these quikie Day Trips For you to add to your UTTER ENJOYMENT on Isla Holbox! Wanna go FISHING? We can help arrange Local Knowledgeable Captains. Guides & Boat for your Fishing Fantasies! Fly Fishing? Some of the BEST SNOOK, TARPON & BABY TARPON fisheries are located close-by in the Mangrove areas. Try your hand @ Fishing 'Island Style' with HAND LINES where you'll find Grouper, Yellowtail, Striped Sea Bass, Hog Fish & more waiting for you! Bigger catches available OFF SHORE as well. We'll provide everything or bring your own 'Rods n Reels'. You wont want to miss the 'Action' in the Central Town Square only 1 block away every night where the local families gather to gossip, catchup on the days news & where the kids Play Joyfully in the street UNMOLESTED by outside influences. Here you can watch the locals 'Shoot Some Hoops' on the basketball Court, Waunder around & enjoy some real homemade Tacos from the street vendors (SAFE) Enjoy a Yucatan Tradition @ Pollitos Marquesita Stand.....Marquesita is a freshly prepared crepe cooked over a real charcoal fire as Pollitos family has done since 1938! OR sit down @ one of Holbox's Great restaurants, Pizzarias (3) Enjoy The 'FRESHEST' Fish on the planet from the Gulf to your plate including LOBSTER & Much Much More @ Holbox's restaurants Wauder through the quaint shops in the 'Centro' where many artisans create great 'One Of A Kind' items.Stop by the 2 Bakeries where there's FRESH Pastries Breads, & sweets to enjoy with your Morning Coffee on your Private Patio............YUP, you guessed it.......Overlooking the Golfo De Mexico.....Your Front Yard! Exercise? Well start your day with a Tranquil Walk/job on the 7 mile long beach. Get Sweated? Take a Quik refreshing dip in the mineral rich waters where its SAFE For young & Old alike to SWIM SWIM SWIM. Pickup a few shells (Early morning is Best) WOW! So much to do, & so little time! Your week on Isla Holbox at Our Home CASA CARACOL will 'Fly By' so fast you'll truly regret having to leave to return to 'REALITY' Back home, BUT, You can always return as so many before you have done from around the world. ITS 'CONTAGIOUS' You'll return to your REALITY Refreshed Renewed & Revitalized ..........Thats why we say CASA CARACOL is the Perfect place to 'RE-CHARGE' your Life's Batteries! You Deserve this & more all at a very affordable price. Your BEST RENTAL buy on ISLA HOLBOX here at CASA CARACOL! SPECIAL PACKAGES AVAILABLE to INCLUDE ROUNDTRIP Transfers Frim Cancun Airport DIRECT TO CASA CARACOL Available.........JUST ASK! Also SPECIAL 'ALL INCLUSIVE' PACKAGES Available for the Whale Shark Adventure June 1 to Sept 15. We've operated the BEST Whale Shark Tours since 2004. See our RAVE REVIEWS on TRIP ADVISOR Where we're listed as HOLBOX WHALE SHARK TOURS. Combine Whale Shark Tours & VIP Private Transfers From Cancun Airport with your Rental Of CASA CARACOL & SAVE $$$$$$...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
What a great vacation. Plenty of room, 6 adults in our party, everything works, spotlessly clean and all the amenities of home. You’re right on the beach with a spectacular view of the ocean, plus your only 2 blocks from the town square. The caretakers are wonderful and provide for all your needs. They arranged for a local chef to cook at the house, what a great experience, loads of fun and great eats. We stayed for 4 days, not long enough in my opinion. Can’t wait to get back. There are only a few places in the world you can call paradise, This is one of them!
- Guest Guest Book (California)
- Date of stay 02/11/13
- Review Submitted 03/26/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, tourists without a car, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing.
Special Beach Retreat Right in the Middle of Holbox
Special Beach Retreat Right in the Middle of Holbox
Holbox is a magical place and Casa Caracol is a wonderful home base. Me and my family of 5 (kids, 8 and 10 and 81 yr old mother in law) just spent xmas week here. What a gift. It's difficult to conceive of Holbox if you've never been. It's a 42km sandbar that at the point where town is located is a 10 min walk from gulf/beach side to the ferry side. It has Galapagos-qualities to it -- tremendous birding and fishing and it stunningly beautiful. Roddrigo knows Holbox like few other non-locals. He has set up a loving beach house that can easily accommodate 8 people and has all the kitchen necessary items to cook up whatever you just caught. The house is literally on the beach side of town with an enviable view from the hammocks on the porch of the sea in front of you and all the local activity passing by (great people watching). Motors (motorcycles, scooters, golf carts) quiet down by nighttime. The palapa/bar/great fish restaurant Carioca's 100m down the beach does play music at night, but it didn't disturb us. You are walking distance to all restaurants/stores, etc. You should definitely rent a golf cart. If you're going during whale shark season (June-Sept), Roddrigo is the largest and most knowledgeable peninsula tour operator by far. You can literally walk out of the house without shoes and go for a swim (or drive far down in both directions where you will find endless beaches, tidal pools, long sandbar "flats"). Roddrigo is an extremely generous host and will take care of any needs you and your family have (fishing, kitesurfting, bird watching, where to go for specific things in town, amazing driving directions, and very knowledgeable about all the Maya sites as well). I've never had a house with daily maid service (Manuela comes for 3-4 hrs a day and is wonderful, and is also a good cook) + the house has fast wifi and free Vonage long distance. This is a great beach house with a great location. You can't go wrong. My entire family loved it.
- Guest JTNYC (New York, NY)
- Date of stay 12/25/12
- Review Submitted 01/08/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, people with disabilities, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $178 Nightly
|Fall "Off Season"
Aug 31 - Dec 20
3 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $150 Nightly
Dec 21 - Jan 6
7 night min stay
|Winter "HIGH" Season
Jan 7 - Mar 21
7 night min stay
Mar 23 - Apr 5
7 night min stay
|LOW "off Season"
Apr 7 - Jun 28
3 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $150 Nightly
|SUMMER "HIGH" Whale Sharks
Jun 29 - Aug 30
4 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $225 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Dates are for remainder of 2012 & up to December 2013. Rentals are set on a "SATURDAY to SATURDAY" basis unless mutually agreed to by Owner & Prospective Renter. Will Consider SHORTER Term Rentals 4 night Minimum during LOW SEASONS & when/if Home is Unoccupied.
CASA CARACOL is a GREAT VALUE! Compared to 2 Couples renting 2 'Tiny' Rooms @ Local Hotels for $100-$200@ Night,
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Cancun at 80 Miles
- Nearest Beach: You're ON the Gulf Of Mexico! at Isla Holbox
- Nearest Barpub: Numerous at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Numerous at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: I'm Rodd 'Roddrigo Sidney' My Wife Melba (A Mayan Beauty) & our lovely daughter Zelmi have enjoyed Holbox For many years. Locally I'm known as the 'Whale Shark Daddy'. I was one of the early pioneers of the ever-popular Summer Whale Shark Tours. These operate from June 1 to Sept 15 where guests can Actually Snorkel 'Up Close' with these amazing 'Docile' Creatures.We've earned a TOP 5 Star rating on Trip Advisor (see us there as Holbox Whale Shark Tours) Our Staff will insure your Day with the Dominoes is so very SPECIAL. Combined Tour Packages available on public as well as our Signature Private VIP Tours. See our website for more details or call our USA Direct lines any time to ask questions & to book your Amazing Adventure swimming alongside of an 18 Wheeler! We've helped 1000's of Tourists over the past 8 years to enjoy their Magical Moments with the Whale Sharks, where also on any given day you might see a Pod of FREE Running Dolphins (Not in a Circus Tank like in Cancun), or a Group of Magestic MANTA RAYS! How about Sea Turtles? Ever see them mating? UNREAL! We Share these ECO Opportunities because we LOVE NATURE & all her abundant creatures. If your time is Short & you don't have time to visit & stay on Holbox & prefer the Glitz & Glamor of Cancun We can also accommodate you on a Whale Shark Trip from Cancun where our operation also enjoys & has EARNED 5* ratings on Trip Advisory as Cancun Whale Shark Tours........... We flat 'GUARANTEE' you'll enjoy your Vacation with us! At age 65 most people 'RETIRE' I'm just getting started. I enjoy meeting so many new people & thrill @ sharing our Home & resources with new friends & acquaintances.
Why the Owner Chose Isla Holbox:
I came to Holbox in 1999. On my First visit I was 'HOOKED'! I met my wife Fell in love and well as Paul Harvey was so fond of saying.....You know the Rest of the Story! We found CASA CARACOL in 2000. It had been built in 1998 and had a VERY Interesting History Which I share with guests privately here on Holbox. The 30' Tall Palapa is ONE OF A KIND on Holbox & is Strong as steel as its weathered Hurricanes ISSAC - ISIDOR & MOST RECENTLY 2007 'WILMA' ...a biggie! No Problem we've modernized & improved CASA CARACOL to offer, what we believe is the Finest Rental Property on ALL of Holbox! Centrally located its the Only Private residence in the Center of Town CLOSE & Convenient to everything. Our Family resides Full Time in the Colonial Yucatan Town of VALLADOLID, only 2 hours away where our daughter attends school. When CASA CARACOL is vacant, we return on Weekends etc as we still LOVE HOLBOX and have so many good friends & associates here. We truly decide only recently to open CASA CARACOL for rent as we truly want to SHARE the Holbox Experience with Fellow World Travelers & to make NEW FRIENDS! Its not just another 'Rental Property'! Its still our home and who knows if someone 'REALLY' likes it We might consider selling it...You decide...........
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Well lets start with LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION the tried & true Mantra of all Real Estate. The Gulf Of Mexico is our front yard. ECO Tourism opportunities, Fresh Fish Truly Friendly local people most of Mayan Descent, truly 'Beautiful people'! When we first saw CASA CARACOL with a small hand painted 'For Sale' sign, Melba & I said WOW! This could be our Home! One quik phone call to area code 415 in the states made the deal!We lived in CASA CARACOL pretty much full time when our daughter started 'Jardin de Kinder' Kindergarden, then Primary School.....We saw that the true Educational options as she grew older were not sufficient on Holbox so we went to Valladolid where Zelmi's now in High School 'PREPA'......My hope is she'll study 'Tourismo' in College and follow in her 'Papitos' Footsteps....We'll see! You'll just have to come visit Holbox and see if it 'FITS' , for you! There is something very 'MAGICAL' about the place you have to Experience. House if FULLY EQUIPPED W/ DIRECT TV SKY SAT TV 220 Channels, XM RADIO, Wi-Fi Throughout, In House Desktop Computer or bring your I-Pad/Laptop + a Direct FREE PHONE Line to USA & CANADA! We also offer DISCOUNTED Golf Car Rental fees that can be included in your House Rental Fees. SAVE $200 on a weekly rental alone. This Reduces your OVERALL Coasts while Visiting the Magic Island of HOLBOX!
- Primary: 3054337523
- Secondary: + 3053966987
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Another Frontage View CASA CARACOL
COCONUT Palms w/ Fresh COCO-NUTS YEAR Round!
Your Favorite Wine on your private Palapa Patio overlooking the GULF!
Etergere in Main Sala w/ shells Guidebooks and interesting collectibles
Main Living area Salon
Fully Equipped Kitchen Micro, stove, refrig,coffee maker & grinder,Toaster,Juice
Private Make-Up Vanity in Master Bedroom
Bano #2 has Complete Bathroom with Separate Shower Stall w/ HOT & CPOLD water
Master Bedroom King Size Bed in a highly decorated enviroment + Alarm clock
Etergere in Sala with the Stairs leading to Upper Kids Bedroom w/ 2 Double beds
Bedroom #2 w/ 2 Double beds sleeps 2-4 Highly decorated w/Gulf View Windows +AC
Welcome to CASA CARACOL !!!!
On the Front Palapa Patio "WAITING" just for you!
CASA CARACOL On Tropical ISLA HOLBOX Taken from Front on the Gulf
Main Display of Exotic Shells on Dining Room Table w/ our Inhouse Guide Book
Exquisite All Cedar Hand Carved Diming Table & Chairs. Seating for 6, 4 in kitch
In House Computer in Main Sala w/ Hi Speed Internet & USA Phone line
Master Bedroom w/ Panoramoic Windows to see the Gulf Of Mexico..Your Frontyard
Master Bedroom with Computer Desk for your Laptop with Big Screen Monitor
Main Sala with exquisite Wall Decorations from around the World..........
Master Bedroom w/ Wood Beam Ceilings & AC of Course..shells everywhere !!!!!
Wall Art in the Main Room. There are some very interesting Pictures & Wall Art
Master Bathroom with Private Shower w/ Hot/Cold Water Toilet etc Very Roomy
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.