An Elegantly Restored 300-Year-Old Stone Farmhouse
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
La Grivette is a stunning 300-year-old stone house, situated just outside the tiny village of Sainte Colombe, yet a few kilometres from the ancient fortress town of Duras. The property is secluded and private, with lovely views over plum orchards, vineyards, and farms.
It's the perfect base to enjoy the best of the French Aquitaine. Tour the world famous wines and chateaux of St. Emilion, Sauternes and Monbazillac. Plan day trips to the Atlantic coast beaches, the Dordogne, or Pyrenees. Nearby villages have daily open-air markets. International airports of Bordeaux and Bergerac are less than an hour's drive.
The property's meticulous restoration was completed in 2004. The home features 400 square meters of living space with 9 meter high beamed ceilings and breathtaking stone work.
- Gourmet kitchen with granite and stainless steel
- Large dining room with solid oak farmhouse table
- Salon with 2 stone fireplaces and chandelier
- Great room with office space, private loft and wine cellar
- 3 spacious bedrooms and 2 private loft bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms with solid brass fittings, large showers and a bath
- New 8 meter in-ground pool with salt filtration system and security fencing
- 2 pergolas with outdoor seating and lovely views
- Old fashioned front porch overlooking courtyard
- Outdoor, vine-covered shower
- Plum orchards and other fruit trees
Additional Guest Services:
Rentals include weekly housekeeping. We can also provide daily housekeeping and maid services. Our caretaker - who lives away from the property - can arrange private wine tours, private catered meals, cooking classes, and other services.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Parking Off Street
- Wood Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- All-cotton linens and towels, Bicycles, Badmitton, Board Games, Film and Music Library, Books, Kid-friendly with high chair, stroller, safety gates, cribs, playpen, and toys. Property manager can provide additional services - private wine tours, catering, daily housekeeping, and pet care....moreless
- CD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Pool Table
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Euros €950-€2300/week. Rates for weekends or for couples are also available. Contact the owner.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
Front view of La Grivette
Former wine press room converted to bedroom
Private pool and pergola overlooking the valley and orchards
Office area with ceiling to floor former barn door
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013