St. Bernards Hill House - Luxury All Inclusive 8 Acre Estate
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Belmont Estates estate description
St. Bernards Hill House
Our luxury full service estate in Tortola, the British Virgin Islands, is surrounded within a lush oasis of Royal Palms.
St. Bernard’s Hill House provides an amazing 300-degree bird’s eye view of the British (BVI) and U.S Virgin Islands. Its lofty private hill top location invites cool trade winds to sweep across the generous verandahs, celebrating pampered outdoor island living in style.
This private 8-acre, full service, all inclusive unique tropical paradise is truly an island within an island.
Eclectic, pleasing décor from around the world grace this unique villa, with antique pieces, original Caribbean artwork, white gauzy curtains blowing in the breeze, all adding to it’s charm and natural beauty.
THE COLONIAL MAIN HOUSE
St. Bernard’s spacious main pavilion comprises the richly decorated Great Room, a Dining Room that seats 10, a professional Kitchen, and an air-conditioned Study with TV/DVD and Office Facilities. Arched doorways open out to a wonderful deep covered veranda, which span three sides of this pavilion, overlooking the Caribbean and Atlantic’s blue majesty dotted with green islands and cay's. Various seating and alfresco dining areas are scattered around the shady terrace, ready for gatherings, cocktails or a game of chess.
On the lee side is a bar and cushioned seating for watching the big flat screen TV. The main pavilion also houses the large master king suite.
MASTER KING SUITE
This sequestered air conditioned/fully screened suite offers a carved mahogany four-poster bed, with luxurious linens and West Indian furnishings. Screened French doors lead to the veranda and a cool outdoor private terrace with comfortable chaise lounges for two.
There is a spacious en suite bathroom with double vanity, big tiled shower and freestanding bathtub; a walk in closet adjoins the bathroom, with plentiful storage and luxury bath robes for your use. On the south side of the Main Pavilion is a manicured lawn with spacious terrace, overlooking the yachts below at Sopers Hole.
From the main entrance of the Main Pavilion, a walkway meanders through the lush gardens to the Oriental Cottage, tucked just far enough away from the main pavilion to provide romantic privacy. This air-conditioned cottage features a king bed with luxurious linens, a bath with large tiled shower and a separate W.C.
Amenities include coffee and tea making facilities with refrigerator, a flat screen TV/DVD, and Ipod Docking Station.
The spacious hardwood veranda that wraps around two sides of the cottage is furnished with comfortable loungers so you can read and relax in privacy and enjoy the spectacular views.
& CARIBBEAN COTTAGE
Both Contemporary and Caribbean Cottage are situated just adjacent to the main pavilion. These unique two bed roomed, two bath roomed air-conditioned properties (joined together by an interior hallway) is perfect for parents with children, or can be kept completely separate for couples.
The King suites have luxurious linens, flat screen TV/DVD players, Ipod docking stations, and tea and coffee making facilities with refrigerator. Both suites have large tiled en suite baths with double vanities. Comfortably furnished verandas look out over the bustling marine activity below in Sopers Hole and out to St. John beyond.
This separate air conditioned cottage has a beautiful four poster Queen sized bed with luxurious linens, large en suite tiled bathroom with separate W.C, and a wrap around veranda overlooking expanses of ocean and green islands and cay's with views as far as St. Croix.
There is a flat screen TV/DVD, Ipod docking station, coffee and tea making facilities with refrigerator.
Enjoy the large infinity pool overlooking Smugglers Cove, Long Bay Beach and outstanding views to Jost Van Dyke.
FULLY EQUIPPED GYM
A fully equipped Gym is on site, air conditioned.
CHEF, CAPTAIN, HOUSEKEEPING INCLUDED
Your chef will provide you with Breakfast cooked to order, Lunch and a three course Evening Meal. A menu will be sent for your approval well before arrival. A snack basket and fruit basket will be available at all times. A fully stocked bar is included with cocktails made by your Stewardess.
Housekeeping is provided daily with complimentary toiletries.
Our new Power Boat, a 30ft Luxury RIB Tender is included, with fully licensed Captain, Snorkeling, Diving and Water Sports Equipment.
The journey to St Bernard's Hill House is straight forward and we can assist with your private travel and transfer needs.
Guests arriving from or via the USA can fly direct to St Thomas USVI or Puerto Rico; guests arriving from the UK and Europe can fly direct to Antigua or St Martin.
There are several choices from there, commercial airlines, private jets, helicopters or private water taxi to whisk you quickly and efficiently to Tortola's airport or sea port, where our Resident Manager and driver will be waiting to greet you.
Larger private jets from your departure point can also land direct at Beef Island, Tortola.
NOTE: Cottages are not available for rent on an individual basis.
- Vacation Rental
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- King size beds (4) 4 bedrooms have King sized beds, 3 of which can be split to form 2 separate beds., Queen size Beds (1) Four Poster Queen bed in Colonial Cottage, Twin or Single Beds (3) 3 of the King beds can be split to form single beds., Baby Cribs (1) Baby Crib can be set up for your use, please let us know in advance...moreless
Bathrooms: 5.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- 30ft Boat available for day excursions to the Islands with Captain. Fully catered - meals included are Breakfast, Lunch, 3 course Evening Meal. Alcohol and Soft Drinks. Books and Games, outside TV with Satellite around the bar. Snack basket at all times. Sun Loungers and Chairs around pool with sun shades. Free standing Bath tub in Master Suite. Luxury Bath Robes and Toiletries. Spa Services can be arranged. Laundry Service available at extra charge. Hair dryers in all bathrooms. Back up generator, so no power cuts! Fully air conditioned Gym with workout DVD's...moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Duty Free Shops
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- This private 8-acre, full service, all inclusive unique tropical paradise is truly an island within an island. Quiet pristine beaches are only minutes away by either car or meandering shady walks. There is so much to see and do, here are some examples: TORTOLA Some of the best surf beaches and snorkeling spots can be found on the island, making them easily accessible from the Villa, one of the most secluded beaches in the Virgin Islands is a few minutes away from St. Bernards. These along with amazing scenery, traditional Caribbean restaurants and duty free shopping, make Tortola the best place from which to base your vacation. JOST VAN DYKE Jost Van Dyke has a lot to offer. Stop off at the picture postcard island of Sandy Spit, swim ashore from your boat and explore this unique tiny island with its white sands and crystal clear warm waters. White Bay is home of the ‘Soggy Dollar’ beach bar, inventor of the famous ‘painkiller’ rum cocktail. Sailors are known to swim ashore with their dollars in their pockets, hence the name. At the other end of the bay is ‘Ivan’s Stress Free Bar’. The interior is decorated with millions of shells, and if you are lucky, you can spend the evening jamming with Ivan and listening to his stories of all the celebrities that have visited his bar. Have a look at the photos of Ivan with Kenny Chesney and Keith Richards on the wall. Great Habour is the home of ‘Foxy’s Beach Bar’, world famous and often in the top 5 of the best places to spend New Years Eve. This laid-back beach bar has great food, especially the BBQ night, and if you turn up at happy hour, you may get to see and listen to Foxy himself and be entertained by his witty anecdotes about the islands. PETER ISLAND A short trip makes Peter Island the ideal place to visit on a day out. Swim in the warm water, snorkel the reefs or visit the world famous ‘Peter Island’ resort with its powder white palm fringed beaches. The Spa is not to be missed, enjoy a massage whilst listening to the crashing waves and relax in the privacy of the hot tub overlooking the palms. For the more energetic, you can walk the whole loop of the island, and reward yourself afterwards with a cocktail from the beach bar and restaurant, or maybe a little something from the excellent boutique. NORMAN ISLAND A must see are the ‘Caves’ where real treasure was found. It is said that the book ‘Treasure Island’ was inspired by Norman Island. There are hundreds of varieties of tropical fish and many sea turtles to be seen here. The nearby rock formation called the ‘Indians’ is a fantastic dive site. VIRGIN GORDA Virgin Gorda is the second largest island in the group and encompasses the area known as the ‘North Sound’. This is a water sports enthusiast dream with ideal conditions for Water skiing, Wake boarding, Kite surfing, and Kids Tubing, not to mention the variety of Snorkeling. Snorkel around the sunken 17th Century cannons and ships anchor, with the good chance of seeing Eagle Rays, Octopus, Nurse Sharks and Sea Turtles, along with the numerous colourful tropical fish. The beaches are very secluded, and with their powder white sands, will appeal to sun worshippers and shell seekers alike all with the backdrop of Richard Branson’s ‘Necker Island.’ Why not celebrate with a meal at one of the beach side restaurants. The Bitter End Yacht Club has local music, and a first class sailing centre. Saba Rock, built on a small island, was once owned by the treasure hunter Burt Kilbride. It has a museum showing some of his great finds from various shipwrecks. You can even buy the gold and silver doubloons to take home with you. A nice night out for families, there is a great kids menu and an outside aquarium full of fish, lobster, moray eels and conch – for viewing only, not to eat! ANEGADA Anegada, lies 15 miles north of Virgin Gorda, and due to the large Horseshoe Reef and giant coral heads, can only be negotiated by experienced sailors, this makes it an idyllic escape. Its highest point is only about 28 feet above sea level, earning it the name ‘the drowned land’. The whole island can easily be toured in a day by taking a ride with one of the friendly taxi drivers or by bicycle. You can see the pink flamingoes in their natural habitat, wild donkey’s and cows, and then stop off to snorkel with the sea turtles at loblolly bay. Keen fisherman can try their hand at fly-fishing. A visit to Anegada would not be complete without sampling the delicacy the island is famous for. Freshly caught giant spiny lobsters are cooked to order by the islands chefs. An experience not to be missed, enjoy your meal under a blanket of stars with your feet in the sand and a tropical island cocktail. Accessible from St’ Bernard’s Hill house by ferry or helicopter, Anegada is an island not to be missed. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A great Vacation!Guest comment entered by manager
A great Vacation!
Hello Chris and Jo: Yes we made it home safely, albeit at 1:00 am. I don’t think I ever saw 1:00 am the entire time I was in Tortola. I just want to tell you what a nice job you, Jo and your team did in hosting our family and Kelsey at your St. Bernard’s Hill House. Wow! Neither Mary nor I had ever experienced that level of service and facility before. Your team truly made a difference in our vacation. When Mary’s mom asked me how the trip went and if Mary enjoyed it, I said “ You wouldn’t believe it. Mary experienced her best vacation ever and did not lift a finger the entire time.” “ in fact, none of us did!” After this year with our business, we truly needed that vacation. Trust me! We will be back! Again thanks for the hospitality, the great food, the fantastic facility, your guide service, your seamanship in the use of your boat, and all the great service by your staff. You and Jo are truly professionals in what you do. We all are most impressed. I wish you good luck with the upcoming new year. If you happen to come to the states and down this way, we would be delighted to show you a part of this country that you have not seen before. Please call us. It would be a pleasure to see you once again. Again, thanks for a delightful vacation. Best Regards,
- Guest Van
- Date of stay 12/06/12
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
We had a blast!Guest comment entered by manager
We had a blast!
Chris and Jo, Thanks so much for your hospitality over the last week. We had a blast. Thanks to you guys and the staff, St. Bernard’s Hill house is a magnificent vacation destination. It fit our family needs perfectly. We can’t stop talking about the location of the house and the magnificent view from every direction . The owner is a fortunate man to own such a beautiful home. The service you and the staff provided was superb. The dinners Jo prepared were by far the best we had on the island. We very much look forward to re- upping same time this year, if it can be worked out. Since I’m a workout nut, my only suggestion would be to add a concept 2 rowing machine and a spin bike to the workout room, otherwise, things are perfect the way they are. Thanks again to both of you. You guys made the vacation complete for our family. Best regards.
- Guest Tony
- Date of stay 12/24/12
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
A Great Vacation!Guest comment entered by manager
A Great Vacation!
Chris & Jo—I want to personally thank you for a fantastic vacation! Couldn’t have been better! I hope you have had a chance to recover from the “Southerner’s.” If you are ever up in the Tennessee area please give us a call and we will show you the music scene around here.
- Guest Palmer - Tennessee
- Date of stay 12/06/11
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 10 nights or more: $3928 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Rates vary upon time of year. Please contact us for rates
Cottages not available for rent on an individual basis
All inclusive rates range from $27,496 - $39,004 for a 7 night stay all inclusive of Boat Excursions x 2, Staff, Food, Beverages and Housekeeping. Non-inclusive rates start at $21,496 for 7 nights
Christmas and New Year add 10% minimum stay 10 nights.
Security deposit required.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Beef Island at 12 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: West End Ferry Terminal at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Smugglers Cove at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Fish and Lime, Pussers, at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Fish and Lime, Pussers at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About: Chris and Joanne the Estate Managers will share their wealth of knowledge with you derived from residing in the British Virgin Islands for a decade, to assist you with planning your perfect vacation. Sightseeing, Diving, Snorkeling and a Secluded beaches are all within your reach. They, along with their team will offer a personalized service that is second to none. Joanne your private chef will present you with a menu catering to your tastes well before your arrival, so all of your meals will be prepared and served according to your desires. She will be on hand before your trip to help you not just with the fine cuisine, but with every aspect of your stay. Dine on delectable dishes prepared fresh every day using local ingredients and herbs picked straight from our tropical gardens. Enjoy freshly baked breads, home made pasta's, ice creams and sorbets.
Why Belmont Estates:
St. Bernards Hill House was purchased in 2007 by its current owners. The owners live in England and chose the British Virgin Islands for their second home as they vacationed here when they were children. They fell in love with the property due to its amazing views and close proximity to Smugglers Cove and Long Bay Beach. Belmont Estates is a safe, private haven suitable for couples or families but with easy access to shops, water activities and entertainment.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
St. Bernards Hill House offers outstanding views, privacy and ease of access to amenities. The difference with St. Bernards Hill House is that it is a FULL SERVICE villa. You can be as pampered as little or as much as you like! Enjoy full housekeeping service, freshly prepared meals, boat day trips and evening cocktails.
- Primary: +1284 346 7682
- Secondary: +1284 343 9652
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Full website for St. Bernards Hill House
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Outstanding far reaching views
Pool at dusk
View of Sopers Hole at night
Air Conditioned Gym
Master Suite Decking Area
Sunny Deck over looking Sopers Hole
Main Living Area
Sunset over the deck
NEW Master Suite outside decking area!
Master Suite Bedroom
Master Suite Deck
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 26, 2013