A Large Affordable Flat at Few Steps from St. Peter's
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Vaticano (St. Peters & Vatican) apartment description
The apartment is at the 3rd floor (without lift) of a historic building dating back to the 30s, located within metres of St Peter’s Basilica, as proven by the view of the Basilica Dome from the room.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, each with a queen bed (one has also 2 bunk beds) 2 bathrooms (both with showers), 1 living room (with a double sofa bed), a full kitchen (with a washer) and a corridor.
All rooms are spacious and elegantly furnished. Because of their size the rooms can be used as single, double or even triple rooms, depending on the guests’ needs. All rooms have A/C.
The flat can accommodate a maximum of 8 people.
The Kitchen has a small traditional oven and a microwave, a refrigerator and a large freezer are also available.
The living room has a double sofa bed, a TV and a large table with chairs, sit comfortably and read, or even plan itineraries and excursions with the help of our guides.
- On floor 3
- 95 m²
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Dishes & Utensils
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Fornaci Flat is in Via Santa Maria delle Fornaci, at only few steps from St. Peter's Main Entrance. In few minutes walking you can be in St.Peter's Square. The neighborhood itself offers plenty of typical restaurants and Cafes, Stores, Groceries, etc. Well served by public transport, within 2 minutes walking distance one reaches several bus lines which cover all areas of Central Rome. Major attractions reachable on foot include the Vatican Museums, Castel Sant’Angelo, Piazza Navona, Campo de' Fiori, Pantheon. Via delle Fornaci connects S. Peter's with the Gianicolo Hill, from where you can get a magnificent landscape view of the Eternal City. A number of buses depart for the city centre (4 stops to Navona square) right outside the property (200 metres), and the Ottaviano–San Pietro Metro Station is a pleasant 10-15 minute stroll (cross St. Peter's Square to reach Piazza Risorgimento, the start of one of Rome's best shopping streets, via Cola di Rienzo). From Fiumicino Airport (distance about 20 km.) Catch the Leonardo Express train from the airport terminal (departures every 30 minutes with non-stop service to Termini Station). Once at Termini follow the instruction below - From Termini Station. From Ciampino Airport (distance about 17 km.) Outside the Arrivals terminal, find the bus line stop Co.Tra.L./Schiaffini and get off at the end of the line, Metro (subway) A 'ANAGNINA'. Take the metro (subway) in the direction 'BATTISTINI' and get off at the 'Termini' stop. Once at Termini follow the instruction below - From Termini Station. From Termini Station Catch the bus line 64 (direction 'San Pietro'), and get off at the stop 'via di Porta Cavalleggeri'. From there follow the map indication (distance about 300 mt.) By Car Via S. Maria delle Fornaci is in a free traffic zone Parking is permitted on Via S. Maria delle Fornaci but is free only with white strips. There's also a large parking (with different fees) at few steps from the flat. Bus in via di Porta Cavalleggeri and nearest streets: 34, 46b, 64, 98, 190, 571, 881, 982, 916 Night bus: N5, N15, N20 200 mt. taxi parking: Via delle Fornaci...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
convenient to everywhere
convenient to everywhere
This was a great flat, conveniently located to St. Peter's and many other important must see locations. The manager was amazing, Nicola had everything under control and answered all of our questions in no time. We requested wi fi and she brought it herself. The neighborhood is wonderful despite the amount of tourists and all of the small and quaint restaurants are great and friendly. The flat itself is nice and spacious, very quiet, which we were surprised. If you have walked all around Rome, going up the stairs to the flat would not be a problem at all. It's very clean and well maintained. It had everything we needed, including soap and hairdryer. I would highly recommend this flat and make sure to request the wi fi when reserving. Also, you may want to ask them in advance to have the fridge running as it takes a little while to start cooling. Laundry soap is also important to have upon arrival as there is no nearby supermarket, other than that, they even leave some nice goodies for breakfast. Hope to see more people enjoying this wonderful place.
- Guest Cristina (Virginia, USA)
- Date of stay 05/18/13
- Review Submitted 05/28/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our flat. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. Regards Anna & Nicola
Location Location Location
Location Location Location
It was perfect for our one night stay in Rome with my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandchildren. Although the flat was close to St. Peters, the neighborhood was not over-run with tourists. Unfortunately the building does not have a lift so the walk up could be tough for seniors. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to eat at some of great restaurants that were located nearby. Would stay there again. Wish the flat had wi-fi.
- Guest Monreale (Portland, OR)
- Date of stay 05/02/13
- Review Submitted 05/16/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors. Anna & Nicola
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Nov 1 - Mar 30
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
30% Deposit is required to confirm your reservation
Additional Fees and Taxes:
50.00 euro Cleaning Fee
2.00 euro per day per person (Rome Tourist Tax)
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Fiumicino Airport at 14 Miles
- Nearest Train: San Pietro at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: GRA at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fregene at 16 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Fornaci Bar at Vaticano (St. Peters & Vatican)
- Nearest Golf: Aurelia Golf at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Porta Cavalleggeri Restaurant at 0.05 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: I'm working at Rome Fish Market, which is quite big and it's split in 2 different areas, inside and outside. I work inside.
Why the Owner Chose Vaticano (St. Peters & Vatican):
I love this area of Rome...it is central to everything, yet retains a neighborhood feel. We love walking out the door and being steps away from bakeries, restaurants, museums, and great shopping. Rome is a great walking city, and my apartment provides easy access to so much of it. I also love this area because of its history and diversity...from the elegant Gianocolo to Borgo delis to St. Peter's. Everyone can feel at home in Rome.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Some of my favorite things to do revolve around cooking and eating! I love being just across the street from shops, wine shops, markets, etc., and within easy walking distance to other historic markets. I also love that a short walk takes us to and across the Tiber, to Piazza Navona and Campo de Fiori, and never get tired of window shopping along via Cola di Rienzo, or walking till Piazza del Popolo. Our other favorite past time is exploring Rome various neighborhoods. The fact that we're so close to the historical center facilitates my 'expeditions.' As in other cities, it is the neighborhoods away from the tourist areas that give one a great perspective on the city and its people and the best food at the best prices are found in the neighborhoods!
Kitchen - dining corner
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, October 25, 2013