Cozy Thunder Cove Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Darnley cottage description
Our cottage is a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, cozy home away from home. Come and enjoy the crisp, clean air ocean air. We are located a stones throw away from Thundercove beach, the best beach on PEI. Enjoy the unique wildlife that PEI has to offer, and if you are lucky, maybe you will see a whale or two. The cottage has room for 6 in the bedrooms, with one room having a double bed and bunk beds, and the other bedroom having a queen bed. In the living room we have included a hide-a-bed for an additional bed for 2. The bathroom is a 3 piece bath (toilet, sink, shower), and our kitchen comes complete with a full stand up fridge, stove, sink, and a table to accommodate 6. The cottage comes fully furnished, which includes dishes, cutlery, towels, linens, beach toys, chairs, BBQ, etc... The cottage sits on a 0.5 acre lot, so you have plenty of room for parking, games, and of course there is a fire pit. You can BBQ on the side deck or just simply enjoy a nice evening sitting on the veranda. The neighbours are wonderful, the setting is beautiful. You won't be disappointed. We are fully certified by Tourism PEI.
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Miniature Golf
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Thunder Cove is one of the nicest beaches on PEI, and it's a 5 minute leisurely walk away. One kilometer down the road is a quaint family friendly golf course that has a par 3, and mini golf. Twin Shores Campground is 5 minutes up the road and is equipped with a general store, where you can get all of your essentials. Summerside is 20 minutes away. Here you will find shopping, groceries, restaurants, movie theatres, live performances (Brothers 2, College of Piping, etc...), and more. 20 minutes to the East you will find Cavendish. This area is home to Shining Waters Amusement and Waterpark, Anne of Green Gables Provincal Park, Avonlea, Sandspit Amusement Park, Shopping, World Class Golf Courses, and more... The town of Kensington is a short 10 minute drive and here you will find the best Dairy bar on the island, along with several local attractions. Charlottetown is less than 1 hour away, and it is full of history, wonderful restaurants, shopping, and much, much, more......moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Cozy thunder cove cottage
Cozy thunder cove cottage
The name reflects the cottage "COZY". We all enjoyed our stay in Thunder Cove, and would definitely head back. It was clean ,spacious, and not far from sights to see and things to do. Very relaxing place to go?
- Guest Abby (Bathurst, NB Canada)
- Date of stay 08/16/13
- Review Submitted 08/23/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Off season rates are $700/week + tax (May 1 - June 30, and Sept 1 - Oct 31) Peak season rates are $1200/week + tax (July 1 - Aug 31)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Charlottetown at 63 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Wood Island at 123 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: PE-20 at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Thunder Cove at 0.25 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Ship to Shore at 3.2 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Darnley Greens at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Ship to Shore at 3.2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We currently live in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada. We are a family of 5, and we have deep roots in PEI. With family in Summerside, Charlottetown, and Central Lot 16, we tend to be on the island a lot. I am a Firefighter and my wife is a School Teacher. I grew up in Calgary, while my wife grew up in PEI. We love the island, and I know you will too.
Why the Owner Chose Darnley:
We purchased this property after many, many years of searching the island. The first time I visited PEI, my wife took me to Thunder Cove, and I fell in love. It is a beautiful area, with a world class beach.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
We chose this property because of the location, and the awesome front veranda. We have spent many nights out on the porch, enjoying the ocean air, and listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. After buying the property, we later realized what great neighbours we have and the wonderful beach walks that go on forever.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of Cottage
Queen bed in master bedroom.
View from Deck.
Path through the dunes.
Thunder cove beach.
View of beach from sand bar in ocean.
View of deck, veranda.
The fire pit.
View of living room from kitchen.
The road out front of cottage.
Road/path to the beach.
The cottage at night.
Fun at the beach.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.