Moose Crossing - 3 Bedroom Cabin Near Breckenridge
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Fairplay cabin description
Moose crossing is a gorgeous secluded home located in valley of the sun just north of fairplay and south of alma in park county. The home is only 25 minutes from Breckenridge with easy access to highway 9. The roads are county maintained and the driveway is plowed, but 4-wheel drive is recommended from December through April due to the frequent snow storms in this area.
When you get your first glimpse of the property you will see a picture perfect mountain home enveloped by a beautiful forest of towering pines. The home features expansive decks on two levels with custom log chairs and a swing that invite you to grab a seat. Throughout the home the furniture and décor embraces the mountain surroundings in a contemporary way.
Inside, a spacious great room greets you with lofted ceilings and two-story windows. The room includes a dining area for 6, a cheerful kitchen, plenty of seating, and a cozy gas burning cast iron stove as the focal point. You will feel right at home in the well stocked kitchen including custom cabinets and granite counter tops.
The home has 3 bedrooms – 2 with queen sized beds and 1 with a full – and 2 full bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms and one of the bathrooms are on the main floor with another one of each downstairs. The lower level also boasts another large living space featuring a game area and yet another cast iron stove. The room is equipped with a foosball table as well as a tv, a wii and lots of board games.
The massive decks and vast walls of windows on both levels beg you to take in the fabulous views of the forest and white-capped mountains. A gas grill on the upper deck allows you to cook while taking in the scenery. This is one of the few areas where it is common to see moose, elk, fox and deer in their natural habitat and it is common to see them on the property along with numerous species of birds.
From the deck you will see a large fire pit area surrounded by tree stumps for seating that can be used year round. There is also a zip line for everyone to enjoy when there is snow on the ground to pad any unexpected falls. The homeowners have painstakingly thought through every detail to anticipate anything you may want or need during your stay.
Fairplay and alma are often referred to as “base camp” to the colorado rockies. Nearby activities include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, atving, mine exploring, canoeing and kayaking.
You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* fishing ... Gold medal/blue ribbon fishing. Five area lakes and a public river is a short drive away
* national forest/montgomery reservoir, lincoln falls, ice climbing, some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* breckenridge ... Ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 25 min. Nw
* buena vista ... Hot springs, fishing, raft the arkansas river - 45 min. Sw
* salida ... Fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 55 min sw
* como historic railroad district - 20 min. Nw
* fairplay historic mining town - 10 min. E
* denver ... Shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min ne
- 1800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- Both bathrooms are full baths with a combination tub/shower.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Living Room seats 8
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- The home is located near Pike National Forest and San Isabel National Forest. It is right by several 14,000 ft. Peaks such as Mt. Bross, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Democrat, and Quandry. Mosquito and Boreas Pass are also very near with auto tours. Breckenridge is a world-class ski resort and is only 25 minutes away. Keystone and Copper Mountain are also within driving distance. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Dec 15 - Jan 4
3 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $250 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Rates subject to change prior to reservation. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Cashier's checks are OK as long as check in is at least two weeks away.
There is a 4 night minimum in the summer. Weekly rates apply only to "Low Season."
The Cleaning Fee is $150 and Damage Waiver is $45. Sales Tax of 3.9% applies as well as a processing fee of 3.2% if paying by credit card.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover with a 3.2% fee. Cashier's checks are accepted with no fee.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
The cleaning fee is $150 and there is a $45 damage waiver.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Denver & Co Springs 1.5 hr. Salida 25 minutes at 90 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 9 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Fairplay at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Breckenridge at 25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Breckenridge at 25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Fairplay at 5 Miles
- Primary: +1 719) 836-7039 (Colorado, USA)
- Secondary: +1 (720) 371-2763 (Colorado, USA)
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Moose Crossing Photos and Information
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Moose Crossing. Beautiful Cabin Located in a Secluded and Wooded Area
Great Open and Cheerful Kitchen and Dining Area.
Bedroom with a Full Size Bed.
Large Game room with lots of Views, A Foos-Ball Table, and a gaming set up.
One of the Many Beautiful Sunsets from the Deck.
This family of Moose are Frequent Visitors to the Home - Thus the Name!
Two Story Windows to see the Beautiful Views of the Mountains.
Bedroom with a Queen Bed and Custom Log Furniture.
One of the 3 full Baths.
Game Center for the Kiddos.
Views of the Snow-Capped Peaks.
One of Two Large Decks with Comfy Seating to Enjoy the Views.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 20, 2013
3 Bedroom / 0 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.