Castle in the Vineyards
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Montreux bed and breakfast description
Two cute flats (4x2 beds) overlooking Lake Geneva and the Alps, located in a vineyard in the heart of the Lavaux vineyard terraces, famous World Heritage Site recognized by UNESCO. Just 10 minutes by car from Montreux (15 by train), 20 minutes from Lausanne, 45 minutes from Geneva airport, a base for excursions in the Alps. 5 minutes by foot and you reach the lakeshore where you can have nice swims in summertime. Breakfast on request, not included in the price of your night.
One flat is on the ground floor of an old renewed house with 2 apartments for guests. The second one is on the upper ground floor. Both have a magnificent view on Lake Geneva, the Alps, France and the vineyards. Each flat has 2 bedrooms with 2 beds in each room. Each flat has its own shower, bathroom-sink, toilet, and its own totally equipped kitchenette (oven, stove, fridge, sink + pans and dishes for 4 people). There is a nice garden in front, with lawn, where you can lie down on a long-chair when the weather allows it, or eat outside (tables and chairs at your disposal). There arel also children games. The situation is quiet, in the middle of the vineyard. Nice walks on easy paths to discover this fantastic man-made landscape.
The Chillon Castle is only 10 minutes away from here. In summertime, you can walk to the lake and swim in it. It will take you less than 5 minutes to get to the beach of St-Saphorin Lavaux by foot, 15 minutes to reach the beach of Rivaz, the next village in the direction of Lausanne. The next shop is in Vevey (10 minutes walk + 4 minutes train - one train every hour) or there're 2 grocery stores and an excellent bakery in Chexbres, that you can reach in 3 minutes by car. There are 3 restaurants in the area. One very fine and one good and reasonable price in St-Saphorin Lavaux. And another quite famous Italian restaurant is in the next village, 20 minutes walk from our place, in Rivaz.
You can easily come to our place by train (St-Saphorin Lavaux station) and walk to our place on a very beautiful pathway leading you through the ancient village and through the vineyards. It's a great 10-15 walk, but quite steep... That's why, if your luggage is heavy, we would advise that you choose the train station of Vevey, where a taxi can drop you within 5-10 minutes at our place. Drivers, you can park your car down our house, along the main road.
Le Domaine du Burignon (name of our place) is a small paradise. On sunny days, you can lie on long-chairs in the garden, go for nice walks around our place without a car, have a glass of wine on the terrace. One thing is clear for all our visitors : it would be a pity to stay just for one night !
We have a baby-travel-bed you can borrow on request. WiFi, independent entrance, garden, terrace, children outdoor games, buy and drink wine, since you are among winemakers. Pets not allowed. No smoking. On request, a rich breakfast is served in our reception hall for 15.- chf / person.
- 55 m²
- Chateau / Country House
- Bed And Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Lawn / Garden
Location & View
- Water View
- Mountain View
- Car Not Necessary
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Fly Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Winery Tours
- Gambling Casinos
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- The view from our place is absolutely stunning, according to all of our guests from around the world. The terraced vineyards of Lavaux are among the UNESCO World heritage sites. At our place, you'll be right in the middle of the vineyards, in a wine resorts were the owners like to have their guests discover wine production. The garden and lawn of our rental (private garden for guests) is a nice place to enjoy it from. There are tables + chairs and long-chairs at your disposal, + children games. The area is full of places to discover. There is a chocolate factory and a cheese factory at less than 40 min. by car. The lovely city of Vevey, on the lake shore, is very close. You can rent bikes easily at the train station to explore the place. See also www.montreuxriviera.com The Chillon Castle (great castle with feet in the lake) is only 10 minutes away from here. You can walk to the lake (5 min.) and swim in it in summertime. It will take you less than 5 minutes to get to the beach of St-Saphorin Lavaux, or 15 minutes to reach the beach of Rivaz, the next village in the direction of Lausanne. The next grocery store is in Vevey (10 minutes walk + 4 minutes train - one train every hour) or in Chexbres, that you can reach in 3 minutes by car. There are 3 restaurants accessible by foot in the area. One very fine and one good and reasonable price in St-Saphorin Lavaux. And another quite famous italian restaurant is in the next village, 20 minutes walk from our place, in Rivaz. There are ski resorts at 25 min. by car. Lots of walks around the house or further in the close mountains. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: SFr120 Nightly - Weekend Nights excluded
Additional information about rental rates
100 $ is the rate for one night for one person. The additional person costs 40.- per night. Our rates :
1 person : 100.- / night
2 persons : 140.- / night
3 persons : 180.- / night
4 persons : 220.- / night. No additional taxes.
For 7 nights and more, we will offer a 10-15% reduction.
On summer week-ends (FRI and SAT nights), there is an additional fee of about 7%. Not appliable to long stays.
25% of the total amount for your stay is required to confirm your reservation. We don't use the VRBO reservation system because we have our own on our website www.burignon.ch
Additional Fees and Taxes:
No taxes. We can come and pick you up at the train station of Vevey on the day of your arrival if you don't have a car. A bottle of our wine is offered at your arrival. You can ask us for a bottle of wine, since we are winemakers.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Geneva airport at 70 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Vevey at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: St-Saphorin at 500 Metres
- Nearest Motorway: Chexbres at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: St-Saphorin at 500 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: St-Saphorin at 500 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Rochers de Naye at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Golf de Lavaux at 7 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: St-Saphorin at 500 Metres
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Bonne vivante et adorant voyager, je voyage désormais sur place à Lavaux, en accueillant des hôtes de passage dans le domaine viticole où je vis avec mon compagnon, qui est vigneron. J'aime partager du vécu. Je suis sensible à la préservation de l'environnement et je souhaite faire du Burignon un modèle au niveau du respect des ressources naturelles. J'aime le Léman, je fais de l'aviron sur son eau, j'y nage lorsqu'il est chaud, je fais du ski (pistes à 30 minutes de voitures de chez moi) mais je préfère la peau-de-phoque et la raquette, j'aime la marche en montagne et... le vin, forcément. Mon plaisir est de permettre à chacun de faire connaissance avec la région magnifique dans laquelle nous vivons, de faire aimer son vin, les vins suisses, et de faire comprendre la vie des vignerons.
Why the Owner Chose Montreux:
Luc is a winemaker. Anne was a journalist. We decided to run this wine resort as a common family business. We live here with two of our kids. Apart from making the best possible wine, our goal is to make sure that our guests have the best possible stay. And it works :-)
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
A stunning view over the vineyards of Lavaux (Unesco world heritage), Lake Geneva and the swiss and french Alps. Quietness, close to many activities and attractions in this lovely part of french-speaking Switzerland.
- Primary: +41789158520
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The view from the Domain to the East. You can see Montreux and the Alps.
The flats are on the right, in the yellow house.
The Domaine du Burignon has 6 hectares of vineyards + a few houses (left).
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 07, 2013