Oceanfront Apartment on the Beautiful English Channel
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Saint Valery Sur Somme condo description
Ault is a coastal town on the English Channel, within 5 minutes of Le Treport, famous for its seafood, and within 20 minutes of La Baie de la Somme and Saint Valery, a medieval village.
Our apartment, nestled in a classic 1896 bourgeois house, has two bedrooms, one with a queen size bed and the other with two twins. The main room has a full kitchen, dining area, seating area. You may lose yourself in these views of the sea and the cliffs from all of the windows. The ocean is right across the street, and a sandy beach is a five minute walk. The tides go out for many meters, and allow for great sand castle competitions. After a day at the beach you can eat at one of the local restaurants within walking distance, or you can buy home made pate from the local traiteur.
- 600 sq. ft.
- On floor 3
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- sleeping sofa in the living room
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room seats 4
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Medical Services
- Equestrian Events
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Gambling Casinos
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Situated on the English Channel, on the D19 road, 20 miles (32 km) west of Abbeville, in the southwest of the department of the Somme, Ault possesses chalk cliffs overlooking a beach of pebbles (and sand at low tide). To the south of the town is a large wooded area, the ‘Bois de Cise’, in a valley that leads on to the coast; where authors and artists such as Hugo used to come for quiet retreats. To the north, the cliffs descend to the level of the beach at Onival. The area around the town, the 'hâble d’Ault' was mostly tidal marshland that has been reclaimed from the sea. Cattle, sheep and game are raised here. This little seaside resort certainly deserves its nickname of 'balcony over the sea': Ault stretches along the hollow of a valleuse (a kind of dry valley 'suspended' above the shore), at the end of which a wonderful view of Le Tréport opens up to the south southwest. Standing over the attractive beaches are impressive chalk cliffs that are buffeted by the wind and covered with prairies. The vertiginous view over the sea from the highest point of the village is particularly spectacular. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Spectacular Views of La Manche
Spectacular Views of La Manche
Great location in a unique region of France. Walk to Bois de Cise was amazing. Beautiful vistas.
- Guest Dave M (Des Moines)
- Date of stay 05/03/13
- Review Submitted 05/13/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Sep 10, 2014
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
All rentals will be processed in US dollars via this site processing ReservationManager ; here are approx. Euros equivalent mid week 3 nights requirements are 50 Euro/night
week end. 55 Euros/night *3.
For 7 Nights
Low Season: 350Euros/week
Summer- June to September 15 2012. 400euros/week
Cleaning Fee: 55 Euros
Security Deposit: 175 euros. fully refundable upon inventory.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee: $75
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Tax Rate 3.5%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: CDG at 115 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Dieppe at 30 Miles
- Nearest Train: Mers les Bains at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: A 28 at 6 Miles
- Nearest Beach: 1 mn by foot at Saint Valery Sur Somme
- Nearest Barpub: le panoramic at 50 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: l horizon at 500 Metres
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We a franco american family living in Seattle with historical ties to this region and this village as our last name springs from the name of the county where Ault finds itself. I lived, drove, smelled, experienced every meter of this land that I call my roots. I am very proud of being able to share this beautiful, off the tracks region that is the the Baie de Somme and Upper Normandy.
Why the Owner Chose Saint Valery Sur Somme:
From each window of the apartment you can see, smell and connect with the ocean that has brought me up. The tides rock you asleep and the Sea birds remind you of the upcoming morning: time to get your croissants and newspaper at the local establishment less than 1 mn walk. While at it; stop at the bar next door, shake hands of locals, grab a coffee at the counter and check your email on the free wifi. The beauty of the cliffs, ocean and beach changes with the tides and the sun and is spectacular to behold.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
French quality of life. Simple, honest, down to earth, unpretentious, a great and healthy gastronomy pulled out of the local wonders that our local fields and ocean produce. Only 2 hours from Paris and yet thankfully worlds apart. A true piece of country beyond the cliches.
- Primary: 12062271266
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living dining area.
Sunset from the Condo
.New playground equipment for the kids.
Baie de Somme in the Winter-looking toward Saint Valery
The apartment is on the top of this 19th century house. bakery and shops /100m
View from the kitchen.
you can see the apartment from le Treport. At the bottom of the cliffs.
.Walks in the village
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 27, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.