Top of the Line Mountain Cabin
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Leicester cabin description
This gorgeous cedar log home sits on a mountain ridge with endless views of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. The cabin is completely private on over 8 acres of land, yet is only 15 minutes from downtown Asheville and 30 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains.
The house is premium in its location, its setting, and its amenities, which include a completely modern gourmet kitchen; an open living room with fireplace; a dining area that seats 6 very comfortably; two bedrooms on the main floor sharing a full bath with tub/shower, and a master bedroom upstairs with skylights and a private bath; an entertainment center with 7.1 in-wall surround sound; wraparound front and side deck with an outdoor 6-person hot tub, secluded back deck with gas grill, full size washer and dryer, central heat, a/c and large windows with views from every room.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room seats 6:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Roller Blading
- Equestrian Events
- Ice Skating
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Water Tubing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- This beautiful cabin is located just 10 easy miles from downtown Asheville - so close that you can drop in to the city in minutes. But, what is so amazing is that, while the mountain cabin lies just outside of Asheville, its peace and serenity feels like you're miles from anywhere. So, plan to spend some time at the cabin relaxing in its luxurious accommodations, peace and beauty. But, you'll also be glad you're so close to Asheville because it is one of America’s gems! Asheville enjoys a beautiful setting, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, a temperate climate, and a tolerant, diverse people. Asheville has a thriving arts community, numerous outstanding restaurants, local wineries and breweries, year-round festivals, and a multitude of outdoor activities including hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, rock-climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and sightseeing. America’s Largest Home, the Biltmore Estate is only 13 miles away! It is absolutely amazing to behold, and its popularity is well-deserved. The Blue Ridge Parkway, one of America’s most scenic drives winds through Asheville to Mount Mitchell, the highest mountain in the eastern United States. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is only 30 minutes from the cabin. It is America's most visited national park, and the United Nations has designated Great Smoky Mountains National Park as an International Biosphere Reserve. The Great Smoky Mountains are among the oldest mountains in the world, formed 200-300 million years ago with an unmatched biodiversity. There is so much to do in and around Asheville, you'll honestly wish you could spend more time here. But one thing that's certain, you'll enjoy every moment you spend at this beautiful and relaxing mountain cabin....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 20 - Jan 5, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Mid-week Special: Four week nights (Monday - Thursday nights) for the price of 3 (only $750)! This rate does not apply to holiday periods or in combination with a weekend stay.
- Cleaning Fee: $150
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Pet Fee: $100
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: AVL at 22 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-240 at 10 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Asheville at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cataloochee Ski Resort at 35 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Asheville at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: My name is Kelly and I live in Charlotte, NC. I'm a hard-working, peace-loving individual who enjoys the serenity of the mountains. I am a private owner and maintain the property myself, with personal care and interest. I come from a large family and always appreciate a sense of family among friends. I'm sure that you, like everyone who visits, will absolutely love and cherish the time you spend at my mountain cabin!
Why the Owner Chose Leicester:
My mountain cabin is a rare find and one that I plan to keep for many years of enjoyment. The cabin is gorgeous, immaculate, serene, and lacks for nothing. It is located just outside of Asheville, NC, one of America's coolest towns. While just 10 miles from downtown, it sits on a mountainside that looks out across multiple ridges of mountains and valleys dotted with farmland and estates. It has the best of all worlds - private in its location, and close to everything that Asheville has to offer!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
My mountain cabin is at the end of a private road, perched high on a mountainside, with unobstructed year-round views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Its open floor plan and peaceful setting make it perfect for relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the Blue Ridge. The house is immaculately clean and tidy.
- Primary: +1 7044269849
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Top of the Line Mountain Cabin
Gourmet kitchen with tile counter tops, dishwasher, microwave and all amenities.
Living room with 20' ceiling, opening out onto deck.
Open floor plan allows people in the kitchen, living room and bar to be together
Taken from the deck, a springtime view.
Sunset photo taken from mountain cabin. Each evening is gorgeous and unique!
Outdoor hot tub is so relaxing and convenient.
Open 20' ceilings!
Bedroom with king sized feather bed.
Loft bedroom that looks out into the tree tops and a babbling brook below.
Sunset from the deck!
Springtime at Leicester House
Living room with hardwood floors and ambient light.
Living room looking into the dining area.
Dining area, private deck out back with gas grill.
The views are more than a picture can depict and words can describe!
Living room and stairs leading to master suite.
Early spring photo of mountain cabin.
Living room of beautiful mountain cabin.
Open floor plan allows you to be inside and then walk out onto the deck.
Bedroom with king sized bed.
View from deck of the beautiful and ancient Blue Ridge Mountains!
Above the clouds!
Stairway to heaven
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 16, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.