Twin Sisters Retreat - Central to the Big Bend Area
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Alpine chateau / country house description
This spacious three bedroom, two bathroom house at the edge of Alpine is a perfect place for gathering with friends, spreading out with family, or finding solitude! The dwelling includes one room with a queen-size bed and private bathroom. The other bedrooms share the second bathroom. With a full-sized bed in one and two twin beds in the other, the floor plan is conducive to a variety of sleeping arrangements.
Wood floors and Western-decor welcome travelers to the house, but the highlight is truly the breath-taking West Texas vistas. With a climate that is generally lovely, guests may be hard-pressed to decide whether the landscape is best enjoyed through one of the many living area windows, from the front porch, or on the back patio. At night, the star-gazing is stunning, especially toward the southern sky.
The large, fully-stocked kitchen and outdoor gas-grill enable visitors to prepare home-cooked meals between trips to the many outstanding local restaurants. On Saturday mornings most of the year, a discerning chef can even find local produce at the Farmer's Market on Murphy Street. The dining room table can accommodate a romantic dinner for two or be expanded to seat eight or more people.
Whether a vacation in the Big Bend Region includes relaxation in comfortable surroundings, exploring small-town shops and restaurants, or excursions to remote West Texas locations, the Twin Sisters Retreat is flexible enough to meet most visitor's needs.
- Chateau / Country House
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Limited Accessibility
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room seats 8
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Hunting Big Game
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Twin Sisters Retreat is the perfect location for accessing the treasure-trove of activities available in the Big Bend Region. Everyday pursuits such as sightseeing, shopping and sampling West Texas cuisine can fill a memorable vacation. Alpine also offers unique events like Gallery Night and ArtWalk, BalloonFest, The Cowboy Poetry Gathering and Trapping of Texas Show, The Big Bend Ranch Rodeo and the NIRA College Rodeo. Short drives in any direction bring visitors to even more adventures. To the south, travelers can explore Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park, with stops in Lajitas and the Terlingua Ghost-town, as well. Marathon, Alpine's charming neighbor to the east, boasts a lovely boardwalk. To the north, Fort Davis is home to McDonald Observatory and the Fort Davis National Historic Site. A little farther up the road is Balmorhea State Park with the world's largest spring-fed swimming pool. West of Alpine is Marfa, Texas, home of the Marfa Mystery Lights and an artist's oasis with a collection of contemporary art attractions and galleries. Twin Sisters Retreat is centrally located to these activities and many more, in addition to world-famous dining for myriad tastes and budgets. Whether looking for quiet solitude or a gathering place with friends, this location has it all....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful, comfortable experience
Wonderful, comfortable experience
This comfortable, spacious home in a secluded location was the perfect solution to our housing while in the Alpine, Big Bend area. The house is centrally located to all destinations in the area far and close (such as downtown and grocery stores). The beds were so comfortable; the fully furnished kitchen allowed us to fill in when we were beginning our day or returning after a day of adventure. While we never turned on the TV, we enjoyed the internet access. A washer and dryer were an appreciated amenity. If you are looking for comfort, space, quiet, private housing with wonderful views of sunset and sunrise on the adjacent mountains, then you will be glad you stayed in this light filled, home-away-from-home.
- Guest DrBonBon (Northridge, CA)
- Date of stay 11/27/13
- Review Submitted 12/09/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, girls getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Great time at Big Bend - Alpine
Great time at Big Bend - Alpine
The house was fabulous with awesome views. Plenty of room for all four of us. Its location was ideal as Marfa, Ft Davis, Balmorhea and of course Alpine were all accessible. A car port has been added to the rear which allows for some nice shade. We all had a great time!!!
- Guest 'Slow Movin' Oliver' (Spring, Tx)
- Date of stay 07/08/13
- Review Submitted 08/03/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
We enjoyed our stay very much. There was plenty of room for the five of us and would easily accomodated a couple more. The house is new or nearly new. Very clean and freshly painted. It was quiet and peaceful. We stayed over the New Years Holiday and everything in Apline was pretty well closed including restaurants. We did go over to Marfa one night and much to our surprise did observe their famous mystery lights from the pubic viewing area. Who would have ever guessed. We also enjoy a trip down to the Big Bend area and to nearby cities of Fort Davis. The McDonald Observatory was great and highly recommend their star showing nights.
- Guest jim w.
- Date of stay 12/29/12
- Review Submitted 01/14/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, sightseeing, age 55+, families with young children.
Twin Sister Retreat
Twin Sister Retreat
A wonderful house with great furnishings. Complete kitchen with everything needed to cook. We were very comfortable and enjoyed the view of the mountains. The house was convenient for us to explore Alpine and Big Bend.
- Guest Harvey (Midland, Texas)
- Date of stay 12/23/12
- Review Submitted 12/29/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
A fee equal to 15% of the reservation cost will be charged against deposit for cancellations within 30 days of arrival.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Cleaning Fee: $90 + tax
- Tax Rate 13%
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Midland International Airport, Midland, Texas at 165 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak at 3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Railroad Blues at 2.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Alpine Country Club at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Cowboy Grill at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About: Tate and Tallie: Both of us are native Texans and have lived in and around Alpine for the past 25 years. We enjoy outdoor activities and jeep-touring, past-times abundant in the Alpine area. Tate is a rancher and saddle-maker and Tallie is a local school teacher.
We love Alpine for the friendly people and relaxed atmosphere. This particular property is special for its proximity to town, but it is situated in an open pasture with a terrific view of the surrounding mountains. We enjoy staying in rentals like the Twin Sisters Retreat when we travel, therefore we tried to set up the ranch-style house so guests will feel at home.
- Primary: +1 4323863582
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Twin Sisters Retreat at dusk
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, November 11, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.