Ocean View Beach Cottage, 2 Min Walk to Beach, Sleeps 10-12!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
South Laguna house description
Once you stay in our charming beach home, you will want to return each year. Vintage cottage, 2200 square feet, remodeled in 2012, is located in a prime location in South Laguna on a quiet cul-de-sac just off Coast Highway. Up the street is the luxurious 5 star Montage Laguna Beach resort and out our front door is the beach access over the footbridge to the stairs down to the sand. Within a 5 minute walk to the grocery store, restaurants, spas, Aliso State Beach (famed for skim boarding), Aliso Creek Inn and Golf (9 hole course), and a local park overlooking the ocean with playground, basketball and tennis court.
This is a perfect family get-away home with a kid friendly, casual beach atmosphere.
With two decks that have gorgeous ocean, beach and canyon view; a spacious wooden deck upstairs or the large stone terrace below. Upstairs deck has gas BBQ, outdoor tables and seating for large group.
There is hardwood flooring throughout home, two wood burning fireplaces and a downstairs level that can be used as a separate, more private setting. This unique floor plan can be used for 1-2 families or a family with an 'in-law' bedroom.
The upstairs level has one of the master bedrooms (king), den with sofa couch and children's bedroom that has 2 triple bunk beds. Additionally, there are 2 bathrooms, open family room and kitchen/dining area. Taking the stairs down, below is a second master bedroom (queen) and bathroom and the large family room. Both levels open to full window views of the canyon and beach. At night, the sounds of the crashing waves can be heard while sleeping.
Other amenities include wireless internet and two 55' HDTV's with DirecTV deluxe programming, full size washer and dryer, and beach equipment.
- 2200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- Master bedroom upstairs. King bed with sliding doors onto top deck. Canyon and ocean views from bedroom. 55' HD TV with DirectTV package, DVR and DVD player. Master bedroom downstairs with attached bathroom. Queen bed. Kids bedroom is a large room with 2 triple bunk beds with railings. Hardwood floor has ample space for inflatable beds/crib. Bathroom attached. Small bedroom/den has pull out sofa sleeper and 21' TV with Direct TV satellite package and DVD....moreless
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room seats 8:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite / Cable:
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Porch / Veranda:
- Kayak / Canoe:
Location & View
- Golf Course View:
- Beach View:
- Surf Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Just 30 feet out of our front door is the staircase that takes you to the beautiful beach. To the north,(a 5 minute stroll up the beach or on the sidewalk), is the luxurious 5 star resort, Montage Laguna Beach and the public beach. To the south is Aliso State Beach Park, famous for skim boarding. Our beaches are beautiful, white sandy beaches that have lifeguards on duty and the State park also has fire pits that allow you to enjoy an evening bonfire, if you wish, a rarity in southern California. Around the corner, also a 5 minute walk, is the Aliso Creek Inn and Golf course. This is beautiful 9 hole course whose greens wind up Aliso Canyon. A 2 minute stroll up Pacific Coast Highway brings you to Lang Park, a beautiful city park overlooking the ocean, that has a children's playground, half court basketball and a tennis court to enjoy when not hanging out at the beach. During summer months, paddleboards/lessons can be rented at the public park at the Montage Resort, as well as at a few shops along Coast Hwy into town. Laguna Beach has something for everyone...shops, art galleries, and a culinary adventure with fabulous restaurants with cuisines from all over the world. During the summer months, a must do is the Laguna Beach Art and Sawdust Festival and the famous the Pageant of the Masters, a depiction of famous art pieces staged by human figures! There is the First Thursday Art Walk, a self guided tour of more that 30 galleries on the first Thursday of each month.Downtown Laguna also is host to a Farmers Market every Saturday morning. In Dana Point, just 5 miles south, there is a harbor with boat rentals, sportfishing trips and whale watch excursions. In the shopping center just next to the park is an Albertson's grocery store, Starbucks, yoga studio and various restaurants. Across the street at the Montage Resort is the Spa Montage, a full service spa for pampering. Laguna Beach has so much for you to enjoy! And a great added bonus is the free shuttle that travels from the north to the south of Laguna during the summer months, with a stop 2 minutes from our home....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great cottage steps from the beach!
Great cottage steps from the beach!
My family really enjoyed our week here. The place is very quaint and was great for the family to relax and reconnect. This is no five star resort, but is updated, well decorated and appointed, and has all the modern conveniences as promised. This place offers a nice view from the back deck and is just steps down to the sand. Our only concern was musty odor that hit us upon entry. However, the odor dissipated when we opened the place up. We really enjoyed the location as well - quiet and far from noisy crowds while almost on the beach, easy access to the free Laguna shuttle, and walking distance to grocery shopping. Park your car and enjoy Laguna with no traffic and parking headaches. The agent was very responsive and easy to work with. I would rent here again.
- Guest Karl W.
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/19/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Sep 10 - Apr 30
7 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 9
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
One week minimum, unless last minute (within 2 weeks)per availability. If less than 7 nights, hotel tax(10%) will be additional, as well as security deposit and cleaning fee. Contact owner by email for any details needed.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Cleaning fee $130-$250 depending on the condition of the house when you vacate.
Refundable security and damage deposit $1000
Security deposit required up front at time of reservation to secure dates. Balance of stay due 14 days before arrival. 10% hotel tax included.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: John Wayne International Airport, Orange County, at 18 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Aliso Creek Inn and Golf Course at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We are a family with 5 sons, who are now ages 19-30 yrs. We have enjoyed many wonderful days at the house and continue to spend beach days playing volleyball, swimming and BBQing. We hope you will enjoy the beach charm of our home as much as we do. It is kid-friendly and is in a superb location. We reside 30 minutes away from the house and we also own the neighboring home.
Why the Owner Chose South Laguna:
We have been coming to this beach since 1983, enjoying many beach days with our friends. We were looking for a beach vacation home; one day we were going to the beach and we saw the 'Open House' sign and went in to look around and made an offer that day! This was a perfect choice, as we could spend weekends away or just enjoy a daytime getaway. Who needs to travel Hawaii, when this beautiful location is right in your own backyard!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Classic 1928 cottage styling, beach charm and a location that is unbeatable! Recently remodeled, it is cozy, yet large enough to have 10 people inside the house without feeling cramped. The downstairs level is like a second apartment with separate bedroom and bath and large family room. The gorgeous views from both large decks allow you to take in the tranquility of the coast and enjoy the sounds of the breaking waves at night.
- Primary: +1 19494974801
- Fax: +1 1 949 497 6007
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Gorgeous patio views of ocean, beach and canyon
Stairs down to beautiful Laguna Beach and Aliso State Beach
Looking south at bottom of stairs to Aliso State Beach
Family room with woodburning fireplace
Dining area looking into family room
View looking in front door
Upstairs master bedroom/king with sliding glass door out to patio
Master bathroom with shower/tub
Two triple bunk beds!
Bathroom with shower attached to bunk bedroom
Downstairs bathroom with shower/tub attached to bedroom
View from public walk at the Montage Resort. Our home is just 5 min walk south!
Front yard view from cul-de-sac
North view of Montage Resort beach from bottom of the stairs
Laguna Beach sunset!!
Dining area with view to ocean
Family room looking out toward sliding doors and patio
Small den with sofa sleeper couch and TV
View out Master bedroom windows
Kitchen looking through to washer/dryer and bunk bedroom
Bunk bed room with bathroom attached
Downstairs master bedroom with queen bed with bathroom attached
Family room downstairs with wood burning fireplace
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 14, 2013
4 Bedroom / 0 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.