Eclectic Quaint 2 Bedroom Waterfront Cottage in Jensen Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-6 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Jensen Beach cottage description
This quaint older eclectic cottage is located on the mile wide Indian River a little over a mile north of Historic and Quaint Jensen Beach, Florida. Views of the river from inside your cottage. Walk outside the house across the road for a picnic in the palm tree lined riverside beach. (Not for swimming) Take a walk out onto the 160ft. dock for a 360 degree view for sunrises and sunsets, fishing, or tying up your boat. You can see dolphins and manatees from the dock as well as many kinds of shore birds. Pelicans, Herons, Turns, and gulls are common. Some times of the year there are bait runs and you can see Tarpon and Snook smashing into the schools of mullet.
Inside the cottage are new beds and furniture. The main bedroom has a memory foam queen and the guest room has two memory foam twins. You also have central air conditioning and heat. The kitchen has a refrigerator, microwave, dish washer, full size stove & oven, coffee maker, toaster and most of the kitchen utensils and pots & pans that you will need. It also comes with a full size washer and dryer. The cottage has an older style small bathroom with tub, sink, & toilet. Adjacent to the main bedroom is a large 1/2 bath and dressing room. There is ample parking for 2 cars and also plenty of room for a boat and trailer in the back.
You also get wireless internet and satellite TV with a flat screen TV in the living room. A small entertainment center plays Radio and CD's or you can plug in your MP3 player. (Good for background music - Not a high powered unit)
Because of the hard wood floors we have a no pet policy and also a no smoking policy inside the cottage.
If you have a boat your options are endless from fishing to water sports to just sightseeing. The 'SandBar' at the inlet on the weekend is always a great place to go by boat. Weather permitting there is offshore and inshore fishing, there are reefs for snorkeling and diving. There are a handful of restaurants that you can get to in your boat.
In all of its glory there are a few drawbacks that you need to be aware of. First, as stated, there is a road between your cottage and the river. At certain times of the day, particularly early morning and after work there can be a lot of traffic. If you open the windows there can be some road noise but most people keep the windows closed and use the AC. The close proximity to the river and beach and the views make it all worth while. The second thing is that the Indian River is a living and breathing ecosystem with grass beds and sand bars. When the weather gets rough the waves can wash grass and sea weed onto the beach so the beach is not always white and pristine. There can also be an odor from the seaweed and grass but this does not happen very often. The dock is available to tie up a small boat (up to 25 ft. ) but certain times of the year the water in the mile wide river can be very rough. To play it safe it is best to have the boat out of the water at night.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Living Room seats 5:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Outlet Shopping
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Jensen Beach Florida is a small eclectic town located on the mile wide Indian River on the east coast of Florida. Hutchinson Island, the 20 mile long barrier island, is just a couple miles away via a free high rise bridge and has numerous beach access points and beautiful beaches. The Indian River is used for boating, fishing, jet skiing, kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, sailing and many other water based activities. By water the St. Lucie Inlet with access to the Atlantic Ocean is only 8 miles to the south giving access to offshore boating, fishing and diving. Jensen Beach is located about 100 miles north of Miami and 40 miles north of West Palm Beach which has our closest major Airport as well as a nice Zoo. Orlando with Disney World, Sea World and Universal are about 130 miles to the north. (About 2 hrs.) From our cottage the beautiful sandy ocean beach is only 2.75 miles away. Boat ramps just 1 mile. Public grocery shopping is just 1.5 miles and a large mall with 16 movie theater is only 4.25 miles. Famous Conchy Joe's Bar & Restaurant is only .65 miles. The Dolphin Bar and Shrimp House is also on the water and just 2.5 miles to the south. The town of Jensen Beach with Restaurants and shops is only 1 1/4 mile. Jammin' Jensen every Thursday night is always fun. Historic downtown Stuart Florida is just 6.5 miles away. With in a short distance there are many great restaurants and miles of beautiful sandy beaches. There are museums and the 100+ year old last of its kind House of Refuge to visit. There are more things to do in an hours drive than can be listed on this page....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
When can we come back to the cottage??
When can we come back to the cottage??
My husband, son and I stayed in this charming cottage over Easter week and enjoyed our time there so much! The cottage was clean with new beds that were very comfortable and the owners were lovely and responsive to any questions we had. We enjoyed walking out on the dock to watch the sunset, traveling to the local beaches, eating breakfast in the sun-filled dining room while looking out on the river, and sleeping in! The cottage was both heated and air-conditioned, which helped during our early-spring visit which held cool nights and some warm days. We have already recommended it to friends and are excited to go back!
- Guest BB (Center Valley PA)
- Date of stay 03/26/13
- Review Submitted 04/14/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
Jensen Beach Gem
Jensen Beach Gem
Lovely cottage on the river,nice sandy beach,dock for fishing or just relaxing.The house was very cozy clean and had everything you need.Located near countless resteraunts,shopping,parks etc.The owners were very nice and helpfull. Iwould recomend this place to any couple or small family.We look forward to next year.
- Guest Red (Peekskill,N.Y)
- Date of stay 01/26/13
- Review Submitted 03/31/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, sightseeing, romantic getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Dear Larry and Joanne; Thanks for the great review!! We enjoyed you too! Sending your deposit back today, also found white glasses case, Thanks, Dot
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
|High Season Winter
Nov 20 - Apr 30
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed.
$250 security deposit
$75 cleaning fee
Security Deposit refunded after cottage is inspected and found to be in good condition. Deposit not refunded if abnormal wear and tear or smoking inside.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
High Season December-March $2,408/Mo - $700/week
Low Season April - November $1,904/Mo - $630/week
Low Season 4 day Minimum / $125 per day
Boat Slip Rental Overnight $1.00 per foot per day - longer term stays slip rental negotiable
Monthly rates based on 28 days (4 weeks)
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: West Palm Beach at 47 Miles
- Nearest Train: West Palm Beach at 45 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US1 at 4.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Jensen Beach at 2.75 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Conchy Joes Restaurant & Bar w Happy Hour at 0.65 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Eagle Marsh Golf Club at 3.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Conchy Joes Restaurant & Bar w Happy Hour at 0.65 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We are John & Dot Whiticar. I was born and raised in this area and have live here most of my life. (63 years). The Indian River is to the east of the cottage. My wife Dot and I live 300 ft. west in a wooded area behind the cottage. We just recently purchased the property and riverfront cottage which now gives us access to the beautiful beach and wonderful dock.
Why the Owner Chose Jensen Beach:
I have lived off and on in Jensen Beach for over 40 years. We enjoy the old Florida feel and eclectic atmosphere. Living on the river is dynamic and ever changing. We feel remote but are right in the middle of things. A beautiful place to live.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Being on the water and being able to wake up and watch the sun rise over the Indian River. A 5 minute ride to the beach. Having a cocktail on the dock at the end of a long day watching the pelicans fly home and the sun set. Feeling that wonderful breeze.
- Primary: 772-334-1278
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunrise out your front door, Looking at Whit's wharf usable by the renter
Eclectic, Quaint & Cozy Cottage
Living room with new leather sofa and chairs. Dining room in the far background
Looking out the Living Room Window
Kitchen with Breakfast nook that also has a river view.
Second Bedroom with two Twin Memory Foam beds. Nice Size Closet
The 1/2 Bath & dressing room next to the main bed room.
Beach at low tide. A Caribbean feeling & Experience.
Atlantic Ocean at Sunset
Heron wading close to shore
Spectacular sun rises and sun sets. A photographers dream come true.
Shore line Fun
View from the 160 ft. long dock back to the
Dining Room 180 deg river views
Kitchen with Oven, dish washer, microwave, Coffee Maker & Toster
Main Bedroom with Queen Size memory foam bed. Twin night stands and Alarm Clock.
Living Room looking toward foyer and kitchen.
Large Back Yard, room for 2 cars, boat & Trailer or RV
Sandy Beaches on a nice Summer Day on our barrier islands
Blue Heron on piling at the end of the dock.
Kayak fishing in the Indian River
Pelicans Heading Home down the Indian River
Sunset from the end of the dock.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 16, 2013