Cape Cod Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Barnstable cottage description
The adorable cottage is very private and is a comfortable way to spend a vacation with 1-2 persons. There is a queen bed in the bedroom and a full-sized futon in the living room. The cottage is fully equipped, complete with linens and towels; but bring your beach towels, if you wish. Spend time on the furnished porch overlooking the property, or hike the trails off the property to Cape Cod Community College, the YMCA and Cape Cod Conservatory. Want to stay home? You will find plenty of furniture to relax in and also a BBQ.right outside the cottage. The grounds are very special and a great place to unwind after a day of sailing, swimming, biking, golf, kayaking, or visiting The Kennedy Museum in Hyannis. Your Choice!
- 750 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 2-3
- The cottage has one bedroom only. There is a futon for sleeping in the living room. One can see through a large opening window onto the porch which is very comfortable for viewing the outdoors and just relaxing with a good book. It overlooks two acres of property and trails in the back which leads to the community college. The cottage is a favorite place!...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Living Room seats 4:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- What can I say except I love it here and you will 2.
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Garden Chairs:
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- The Coffey House and The Coffey House Cottage are located on 2 acres. It is a mid-cape location which means close to everything, including the scenic drive location of Route 6A which takes you to all the villages for shopping! Golf, sailing, fishing and other kinds of water activities are right around the corner. Home is off the mid-cape highway at Exit 6 and Route 132.Bus to Boston is here! Close by is Cape Cod Bay, Nantucket Sound, and the Atlantic Ocean plus many ponds and the famous Lake Wequaquet. Famous for me because that is where I was raised during the summers on Cape Cod Lucky me. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The CottageGuest comment entered by owner
Hi Mary, Just wanted you to know we received the check (doggie deposit)...thank you and again for such a wonderful week. We really needed and appreciated the cottage and your hospitality!! Have a wonderful summer-I'm sure you will hear from us again:)
- Guest Keri, Chad and Abbey
- Date of stay 05/18/13
- Review Submitted 06/10/13
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Minimum stay is 7 nights. Monthly and Seasonal rates available as well. A $100 cleaning fee will be charged.
- Taxes Not included
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Hyannis Airport 3 miles; Boston Logan 70 miles at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Dolphin SightseeingNantucket and Martha's Vineyard at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Hyannis, Boston Logan Airport at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 132 and Mid-Cape Highway at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Millway, Craigville, lake, pond at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Barnstable Tavern, Dosphin, Matakeese Restaurant at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Northern MA at 150 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hyannis Golf Club at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Dolphin Restaurant and Barnstable Tavern etc. at 1.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: The Coffey House was purchased from the family estate. My parents, John and Helen Coffey, bought this home in 1955. I used to spend vacations and holidays from college on the Cape. Every summer we stayed on Lake Wequaquet in Centerville which is around the corner from here. This is where I learned to love boats and anything to do with the outdoors and water, water, water. Because of the generosity of my parents, John and Helen Coffey, I have been able to keep this very special place and share it with you. I look forward to our meeting at The Coffey House Cottage or the 3-bedroom Home. Both are available to rent and the 3-bedroom is listed on HomeAway.com
Why the Owner Chose Barnstable:
Why this Property? Because; Because Why? Why Because it is my family's experience and my heart is in it that's why :) I taught high school in the innter city and found it possible to re-energize after visiting the home during vacation with family. It is hard to explain what happens but I think you already know how nature can just fill your soul and rejuvenate one''s heart. Come see the trees and hear nature's music close by.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
It's everything this property. It has the energy of love and hard work and that means a great deal to me. There may come a time when we will not find places quite like the Cape, if we believe that we can live without nature and our natural environments. If you want to see something grow, watch it like a tree.
- Primary: +1 774-9941566
- Secondary: +1 774-994-1566
Links to more information:
Cottage and Outside Shower with the green, leafy roof. Oh so private and quaint!
.Cottage Living room
.Porch and all the sounds of nature surround.
..backyard area and cottage BBQ under the Linden Tree.
.Owner and Popi 'dethatching'
Are We There Yet?
.The Coffey House Cottage
.Living room looking out to porch and opens to the kitchen.l
.Bedroom very Peaceful...
.Popi Guards his Pumpkin!
Popi likes the lawn tractor too :)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 23, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.