Quaint and Private Country Guest Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Langley cottage description
Detached guest cottage. Sleeps 2 Continental Breakfast
Come be a guest in our cottage, which was once an old schoolhouse that we are lovingly restoring. The guesthouse was at one time the undercover play area and has 11 foot ceilings with the original fir beams still in place.Almost 600 sq. ft. of open floor plan living. We are on a 1 acre parcel of land with vegetable and flower gardens and our own egg laying hens. Enjoy relaxing in the garden with your morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evening.
Your private suite contains a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, kettle,hotplate, toasteroven and toaster. It comes fully equipped with all dishes and linens. Organic coffee, an assortment of teas and hot chocolate are available in your suite as part of your continental breakfast. Fresh home baking made from quality local ingredients are included in your stay.
The guest cottage contains its own bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. Towels provided.
Our Guest Cottage is intended for those who want a quiet getaway with all the country has to offer while still having amenities nearby.
- 575 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Catering Available
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Well appointed modern bathroom with shower, sink and toilet.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Living Room seats 5
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Duty Free Shops
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Enjoy all that the Fraser Valley has to offer with hiking, horseback riding, cycling, birdwatching, agratourism, as well as visiting our local vineyards. Check out one of the last remaining Drive-in Movie Theatres left in B.C, only a short 5 min drive away. Our home is directly across the street from a popular walking, cycling horseback riding trail that leads to Campbell Valley Park. This is a quiet rural location which is central to many local activities and pleasant day trips, such as Minter Gardens....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Place and People with Personality Plus
Place and People with Personality Plus
The cottage itself is very nice, large with lots of light and high ceilings. The baking is to die for (or maybe from). Gardens give a feel of Victoria right in the lower mainland. Owners are ever so friendly and helpful. It was a total 5-Star experience at every level. Great place if you happen to want some quiet to just reflect or study or just chill from a busy life!
- Guest jeff.ywg (Winnipeg)
- Date of stay 08/15/13
- Review Submitted 08/18/13
We quit enjoyed our stay in your vacation rental. The county setting was beautiful and close to parks, wineries, shopping etc. We would definitely stay again. Ken and Carol Storoz
- Guest Stoz (Sherwood Park, Alta)
- Date of stay 04/28/13
- Review Submitted 06/09/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+.
This was a lovely romantic getaway with many special touches! The atmosphere was wonderful from the sounds of the birds down to the fresh tulips in our Cottage. The owners were readily available if needed, however also very respectful of our privacy. What lovely people! We would highly recommend this Cottage to anyone who is looking for a relaxing stay with easy access to the city!
- Guest Ronnie/Kelly M. (Cranbrook, BC)
- Date of stay 03/16/13
- Review Submitted 03/28/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cash or cheque upon arrival.
- Pet Fee: C$75
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Abbotsford Airport at 19 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal at 59 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Eb River Road Port Haney Station at 34 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Trans Canada Hwy at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Whiterock Beach at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Fox And Hounds Pub at 9 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Mount Seymour at 71 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Poppy Estate Golf Course at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Nikko Sushi at 8 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: After years living in the city we decided to move our family to the country for quieter more peaceful surroundings. We were attracted to the uniqueness of our property with it being an old schoolhouse. With my my husbands talents as a carpenter, my training in ecological landscape design and both of us having a background in the arts, we took on the challenge of beautifying and restoring the structures and the property.
Why the Owner Chose Langley:
We were drawn to this property because of it's history to the community but I would have to say that the first thing I fell in love with was the huge fir trees on the property. During the fall and winter months it's wonderful to listen to the wind whip through the long branches of those stately firs. It's also a gift to be able to watch the many local and migrating birds from our own home.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Enjoy peaceful surroundings and pastoral views from your quaint guest cottage in rural Langley.
- Primary: +1 604 626 0505
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, November 18, 2013