An Elegant English Country Garden B&B in the Texas Hill Country
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Fredericksburg bed and breakfast description
Runnymede Country Inn offers a serene retreat in a beautiful Texas Hill Country setting. Only three miles south of downtown Fredericksburg, overlooking the valley below, this elegant English style inn will delight you with country charm, a relaxing atmosphere, and delicious breakfasts. Gathering areas downstairs in the Main House are ideal for various events including family reunions, business meetings, casual classes and social gatherings. Upstairs, four private luxury accommodations await your arrival, or you may choose from four private cottages. Each suite offers a king bed, private baths with a large whirlpool tub with shower, wood or electric fireplace plus television with VHS or DVD player (a movie library is available on site). A full breakfast is served each morning in the Main House dining rooms. Outside is a swimming pool for guests use during the summer months and an elegant gazebo with wonderful views of the countryside. Or just sit and enjoy the wildlife around the property!
- 500 sq. ft.
- Chateau / Country House
- 2 story
- Bed And Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 23, Beds for 2-23
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Living Room seats 6:
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- The Fredericksburg area is the fastest growing area for wineries in the U.S. Guests can take guided tours of local wineries which are available with reservations. There is an updated, state of the art golf course that has just opened and less than two miles away. Restaurants in the Fredericksburg area are abundant and wonderful. The Museum of the Pacific War is a awe inspiring museum with state of the art exhibits. Shopping is the number one thing to enjoy in Fredericksburg. Shopping along with the many, many festivals makes Fredericksburg the number one place to stay in the Hill Country. The Hill Country is also a great place to stay to bicycle - there are many routes available to your bicycling journey. Enchanted Rock is a wonderful place for hiking and is only 17 miles away. Guests shouldn't forget President Lyndon Baines Johnson's ranch just outside of town. It is a great place to enjoy our history. Live music is almost always playing at many of the local bars and restaurants, or enjoy the live performances at Rockbox Theater! There is much to do in our area - meaning that one or two nights will just not be enough!! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$125.00 - $215.00 for weekends, events and holidays, based on double occupancy $99.00 - $109.00 for weekdays (Sun-Thurs) excludes events & holidays, double occ.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Gillespie County at 2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 16 South at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lady Bird Johnson Gold Course at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Cabernet Grill at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We are sisters - Anne Farrar and Jenny Farrar Jones - originally from the panhandle of Texas. Both graduates from Texas Tech University, we realized our dream of entrepreneurship when we purchased Runnymede in May 2008. We enjoy visiting with our guests, cooking, and gardening!
Why the Owner Chose Fredericksburg:
The Fredericksburg area is a great and when the opportunity came to own a bed and breakfast like this we just couldn't pass it up!
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
There are amazing views of the Hill Country sunsets guests can enjoy from the rocking chairs on the back porch, relaxing around the pool, or from the seating on the covered porch. Runnymede is decorated with English style throughout. We are located only three miles from downtown Fredericksburg, so guests get a country feel with the conveniences of being only five minutes from downtown! Cabernet Grill Restaurant is only a mile down the road from us, or enjoy Mexican food from Hilda's Restaurant which is only about a mile and a half away!
- Primary: +1 866-427-8374 Gastehaus Schmidt Reservation Service
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Churchill Suite, main house
Common Area, main house
Common area, main house
Kew Garden Cottage
Chatsworth Cottage, whirlpool tub
Dining rooms, main house
Chatsworth and Kew Garden Cottages
Beautiful summer day! Main house
Kew Garden Cottage
Chelsea Room, main house
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 19, 2013
4 Bedroom / 0 Bathroom
Gastehaus Schmidt Reservation Service
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.