Hidden Gem Near Lake Santeetlah & Tail of the Dragon
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Robbinsville cabin description
This cozy cabin offers a hot tub on the covered porch to relax and unwind while enjoying nice mountain, lake and creek views after your adventurous day in the Smoky Mountains. There's also a firepit in the backyard so you can enjoy an open fire, roast hot dogs & marshmallows or tell stories around the campfire. The combined living, dining & kitchen area is a great place to relax, play games, watch your favorite TV programs or movies in the evenings or on a rainy day. The kitchen is fully equipped with all your basic needs. For sleeping arrangements, there's a king size bed in one bedroom, a queen size bed in second bedroom plus a sleep sofa in the living room.
- 768 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Note: Sleep sofa in living room.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 5
- Washing Machine
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Porch / Veranda:
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Tubing
- Pier Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Just minutes away from Lake Santeetlah, Tail of the Dragon, Cheoah River, Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest & the Cherohala Skyway, this charming 2 bedroom, 1 bath cabin with log siding has a nice yard with a creek meandering through the property, frontage on a small private lake known as Snowdrop Lake plus a Hot Tub on the covered porch. Located on a state paved road, this property provides very easy access for motorcyclists & fishermen & boaters with ample room to park your trailer plus a detached carport for parking your vehicle. Enjoy the evening outdoors with a campfire by the creek or relax in the hot tub after your adventurous day in the Smoky Mountains hiking, boating, fishing, swimming, rafting, biking or motoring. A free boat launch facility & the Cheoah Recreation Area with a sandy beach area on Lake Santeetlah are approximately 2.5 miles from the cabin. Lake Santeetlah is a pristine mountain lake with 76 miles of shoreline & 80% of the land around the lake is managed by the US Forest Service. A clean lake (reservoir) that is great for swimming, boating, tubing, skiing & fishing. Cheoah River with Class III IV+ and V whitewater rapids during special water release dates is approximately 2 miles from Hidden Gem. 2013 Cheoah River Release Dates: February 6th, March 6th, April 6th & 7th, 20th & 21st, May 4th & 5th, 18th & 19th, 25th & 26th, August 31st, October 12th, November 2nd & 3rd. For those who are planning a trip to challenge the Dragon or Moonshiner 28 on their motorcycle or in their sport's car, you'll find Hidden Gem conveniently located to begin your days of adventure. If hiking is on your list of things to do, there are numerous hiking trails throughout the county including The Appalachian Trail. Other nearby places of interest include: The Cherohala Skyway for a scenic drive comparable to the Blue Ridge Parkway with elevations over a mile high, scenic overlooks, picnic tables, hiking trails and lots of photo ops! Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, a virgin timber forest with hiking trails & trees over 400 years old. Fontana Dam, the highest concrete dam east of the Mississippi. Lake Fontana with over 200 miles of shoreline and a favorite among fishermen & boaters. Tsali Recreation Area for mountain biking (bikes available for rent at nearby Nantahala Outdoor Center) and horseback riding. Nantahala River for whitewater rafting & kayaking. Tubing down Deep Creek in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Bryson City, NC. Great Smoky Mountains Railroad in Bryson City for a scenic ride through the mountains on the rails. Cherokee Indian Reservation with Oconoluftee Village, a living Cherokee Indian Village, Unto These Hills, an outdoor drama about the Trail of Tears, Museum of the Cherokee Indians & Harrah's Casino. Great Smoky Mountains National Park with a Pioneer Village that has an old, original Appalachian log home, barn & outbuildings depicting life of yesteryear in the Appalachian Mountains. Don't miss the new Oconoluftee Visitors Center with informative displays, maps & information or the nearby Grist Mill - Mingus Mill. On the third Saturday of every month, Oconoluftee Visitors Center hosts an 'Old-time Music Jam Session' from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Anyone who plays or sings old-time music is welcome to join in and spectators are welcome too. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park offers a beautiful scenic drive between Cherokee & Gatlinburg, scenic overlooks, wildflower viewings, hiking trails & sometimes wildlife viewings of deer, black bear & elk. Newfound Gap is at an elevation of 5.046 ft. and provides spectacular mountain views. The Appalachian Trail crosses Newfound Gap Road (Hwy. 441) at this point and it's also the state line for North Carolina and Tennessee. A short drive off Newfound Gap Road on Clingmans Dome Road will take you to a parking lot where you can then walk the trail to Clingmans Dome which is at the highest elevation in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park at 6,643 feet. Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center in nearby Stecoah, offers Saturday Evening Concerts in the Summer Months & an October Fall Festival among it's many activities and events held throughout the year. Don't miss the Artisan Gallery which is open year around with lots of nice, handmade Arts & Crafts by locat artisans that includes jewelry, pottery, baskets, woodworking, photography, weaving & quilting to name just some of the many items you will find at the gallery. Many artisans in this mountain region will welcome you to their studio and it's a great way to see the back roads & countryside at the same time! Come and explore our area of the Smokies where you will enjoy natural wonders, scenic beauty and great outdoor adventures....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The home was very clean and the yard near the lake was outstanding, close to all that we wanted to do and we enjoyed our stay greatly... The only suggestion I would have would to have an extra TV in the master Bedroom.
- Guest Dave & Nina (Harpers Ferry, WV)
- Date of stay 05/25/13
- Review Submitted 06/10/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing.
$650 / Week - 6 or 7 nights, $625 / 5 nights $135 / night - 3 or 4 nights - (min. 3 nights - total due with rental agreement) $25 Administrative / Processing Fee (non-refundable) $250 Security Deposit - refundable All rates subject to 6.75% State Sales Tax & 3% County Occupancy Tax Half the rent, admin. fee & applicable taxes due with signed rental agreement Remaining balance on rent, applicable taxes & security deposit due upon arrival. No additional charge to you for housecleaning after your departure.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: McGee Tyson - Knoxville, TN at 58 Miles
- Nearest Train: Asheville, NC at 88 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 129 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Fontana Village, Fontana Dam, NC at 20 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Cherokee Hills, Murphy, NC at 46 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Town of Robbinsville, NC at 10 Miles
- Primary: (828) 479-6907 (North Carolina, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Snowdrop Lake - Small private lake for canoeing & fishing.
Living Room with Satellite TV & DVD player.
Kitchen - range, refrigerator, dishwasher & microwave
Bedroom with king size bed
Snowdrop Lake in November
Lake Santeetlah - Sandy Beach & Picnic Facilities at Cheoah Recreation Area
Santeetlah Marina on Lake Santeetlah - 3.5 miles from Hidden Gem
Kayaking on the Cheoah River for the experienced kayaker - Class III & IV+
Riding the Rails - Great Smoky Mountains Railroad
Back yard leading to Snowdrop Lake
Gladdens Creek as it meanders through property
Detached Carport and ample parking for trailers too at Hidden Gem
Living Room with sleep sofa
Bedroom with double bed
Covered Porch with Hot Tub & Gas Grill
Hidden Gem in November
Free Boat Launch Facility at Cheoah Recreation Area 2.5 miles from Hidden Gem
Sandy Beach at Cheoah Recreation Area 2.5 miles from Hidden Gem
Cheaoh River - Whitewater Rafting - Class III & IV+ Not for the inexperienced!
Family Fun - Tubing at nearby Deep Creek in the Great Smoky Mountains NP
Mingus Mill - Old Grist Mill in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 19, 2013