Lakefront, 3 Min.to Gulf Beaches, Historic Venice Minutes Away.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:31 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pennington Place house description
Fully furnished & customized lakefront home; Split-open concept plan with large master bedroom overlooking the lake; 2nd and 3rd bedrooms adjacent to full bath suite;Follow the brick paved drive & walkway with landscaped, lush, tropical plants winding up to a leaded glass/brass entry door. Enter into this well appointed, new (Sept 2012), fully furnished, contemporary/beach themed home;18' tiled floors, 9' 4' ceilings with custom trim throughout; Relax in the family room or screened lanai, both with unobstructed waterfront views; The open kitchen offers a lake view with custom 42' wood cabinets, stainless steel, upgraded appliances and tiled floors; Exiting the kitchen, you will find a separate, full-sized mud/laundry room with custom cabinets and an upgraded washer & dryer. Continue on to the 2-car garage w/ custom epoxy floor. Many items are stored here for your convenience & use. Such as: quality beach towels; sand buggies to transport your gear; sun shades and umbrellas. You will even find the necessary tools to build sculptures or sift through the sand, to locate some of the prehistoric fossilized shark's teeth that Venice area beaches are so famous for! Experience Maintenance-free living in a safe, secure, monitored & gated community. We are proud to report, the Venice area is rated as having one of the lowest crime rates in the entire SouthWest Fl region. If requested, housekeeping services can be provided for an additional fee. This home offers smart technology to access your electronic devices and provides a secure Wi-fi network connection. This area is a Biking Enthusiast's dream! One can bike from here to Shamrock Park, then continue along the scenic Venetian Waterway which surrounds the entire City of Venice. For an additional challenge, try a journey on the Legacy Trail which culminates in Sarasota.
- 1475 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- All rooms with 9'4' ceilings; custom 'themed' bedrooms are carpeted. Split plan with Master bedroom on one side of the home. The opposite side contains the 2nd & 3rd bedroom 'suite' with shared 3 piece bathroom. Shower/tub combination. Under-bed storage in BR2 and MBR. Tastefully appointed. Master has custum large walk-in-closet, dual bowl marble vanity, solid maple cabinets, large walk-in shower with rain shower head and support rails (in all wet areas)...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Custom cultured marble countertops, 9' 4'ceilings, ceramic tiled wet areas, tiled floors, elongated toilets, forced air ventilation, marble counters, nicely appointed with beach and ocean themes. Hi-end cloths,towels. Adjacent to large custom walk-in-closet. French doors separate bath and MBR ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
Living Room seats 6:
Enter through foyer with grand arch and 9' 4'ceiling with 18' tile throughout. Fully furnished w/ game table, cable TV & Internet wi-fi. Leads to screened-in lanai w/brick paver floor. Lakefront...moreless
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Tropical beach and ocean theme. Multiple beaches nearby. Manasota Beach w/brand new Sarasota County beach front shower, toilet and changing areas, lifeguards, covered picnic areas and large parking area located just 3 minutes (1.6 miles) away. Venice and Englewood beaches within 15 minutes w/full amenities & lifeguards. #1 beach in America, Siesta Key beach located 25 minutes away with International sand sculpture contests bi-annually. Numerous restaurants, social activities (movies, theatre, concerts, etc.) located 5 to 15 minutes away. Gated community-access will be provided during stay. Famous restaurants of every taste, hot dog shacks and custom ice cream, including gelato This is our private home. Until we retire in 2 years we will share the ambiance and relaxation with others as well as our family. We are sure you will enjoy our home and surrounding communities as much as us. At any time before, during, or after your stay, your information may be shared with Check A Guest...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Video Library:
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Hot Tub:
- Heated Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Away From It All
Location & View
Manasota beach is 3 minutes away with brand new Sarasota County full facilities, handicapped accessible, full time lifeguards. Watch the most gorgeous sunsets which will wash your worries away....moreless
- Pier Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Medical Services
- Water Tubing
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- New and established neighbothood with community club house, heated pool & jacuzzi. Pennington Place is a luxurious gated, maintenance free community located 3 minutes from Beautiful Manasota Beach.Pennington Place is minutes from historic downtown Venice and within 10 minutes to at least 10 championship golf courses. This home is located 2 1/2 blocks from the Clubhouse/Pool/Hot Tub. Bike to nearby Manasota Key Beach to look for Megladon (prehistoric shark) teeth, play in the surf, or just relax and watch gorgeous sunsets from the many local beaches or the lania (faces due west). Located adjacent to the historic city of Venice with numerous social and community events daily, including free concerts on Venice beach and the Pavillion. Fresh vegetables and fruit available every weekend at the Venice Farmers Market. All types of vendors sell their unique wares. The #1 beach in America - Siesta Key, is located in nearby Sarasota. Warm water mineral springs located a short drive south. Numerous clubs and activities to join, even volunteering. Why not learn to scuba? Outlet mall located a short distance from Sarasota. For the golf enthusiast, this area abounds with many, many public and private courses, several designed by Hall of Fame golfers. The most beautiful sunsets in Fl are best seen from the multiple nearby beaches or our west facing lanai and are therapeutic. Nothing relaxes you more after a fun filled day. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Accommodating OwnerGuest comment entered by owner
After providing a security deposit and just a week before we were to take possession of this lovely home, we had a personal situation occur. The owner was very accommodating even though the high season for this area was beginning in a week. She returned our entire deposit after learning of our predicament. We could not thank her enough.
- Guest Carol
- Date of stay 12/01/12
- Review Submitted 02/16/14
R&RGuest comment entered by owner
My wife went to Florida under her Doctor's recommendation to get some much needed R&R. This was the perfect solution to meet her needs.This home is located on a quiet cul-de-sac in a secure gated community. In just 5-10 quick min., everything she needed was at her disposal. The gorgeous sunsets provided serenity & relaxation for her, while the nearby warm mineral springs soothed her physical distress. Very attentive owners who responded to all my requests in a timely manner.
- Guest Luke
- Date of stay 01/01/13
- Review Submitted 02/16/14
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|LOW SEASON May thru Aug
May 1 - Aug 31, 2014
31 night min stay
|MID SEASON Sept thru Nov
Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2014
31 night min stay
|HI SEASON Dec thru April
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2015
31 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
3(THREE) MONTH MINIMUM Stay per HOA. No Sarasota County Tourist Development Tax for stays of 6months or more.
+Taxes :Florida State Sales Tax (sunshine tax) = 6%. / County Tourist Development Tax=5% / County Surtax = 1%
PRICES ABOVE ARE $3,000 in-season PER MONTH and $2,500 to $2,750 off-season AND APPROXIMATE. CALL/EMAIL OWNER FOR ACCURATE UP TO DATE RESERVATIONS, PRICING AND PAYMENT TERMS.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Terminal Cleaning Fee: $175 + tax
- Tax Rate 12%
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Venice Municipal Arport at 7.4 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: South Venice Beach Ferry at 3.9 Miles
- Nearest Train: Venice Train Depot at 9.1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Manasota Beach Road at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Manasota Beach at 1.6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Sand Trap sports bar & grill at 1.9 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Water ski at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Boca Royale Golf & Country Club at 2.7 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Panera Bread at 4.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: My husband and I met in Maryland, became sweethearts & married in 1975. We moved to the West coast of Central FL in 1981. We raised two bright, adventurous sons, both of whom are following a family tradition of service to their country as career soldiers in the US Army. In 2013, we were blessed to welcome our 1st grandchild, a beautiful, healthy baby girl! Our family continues to grow & change, and so do we. With retirement just around the corner, John & I started searching for our 'special' place. After quite a bit of research, we were able to narrow our choices to the SW region of FL. We began exploring our options and putting miles on our car. Once we discovered Venice, the choice was simple. This would be our new home!
Why the Owner Chose Pennington Place:
Location, location, location. From this home, all ammenities are 3-10 minutes away. Each evening can be spent watching an amazing sunset over the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. If you are looking to just relax at the beaches or prefer an active lifestyle, Venice has it all!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Very active, secure gated community; Top rated hospital with an accredited Heart Center; Lowest crime rate in all of southwest Florida; Great social activities available for those interested: golf, boating, fishing, wine tasting, dinner clubs, local live theatre, and multiplex movie centers. Temperate climate, below the freeze zone. FULLY FURNISHED, including beach towels, beach buggy, chairs w/ umbrellas, cooler. Plenty of sand buckets, beach toys and Megladon prehistoric sharks' teeth sand sifter for the explorer in all of us. Bring your bathing suit and RELAX, or put on your golf shoes and enjoy several hours on one of 10 public or 20+ private courses.
- Primary: +1 352-628-6545 Hours from 8 am. to 9 pm. EST
Links to more information:
Lake reflected rear view of home. Perfect sunset viewing from lanai
Interior Front door foyer;Open-concept floor plan;partial kitchen view
Customized kitchen. Granite countertops. Stainless appliances. Fully stocked.
Master bedroom sitting area
Custom walk-in master closet
Guest bedroom #2; Trundle-style daybed (sleeps 2)
Year-round dining on the lanai overlooking the lake
Sunset view across the lake from the lanai (lake in foreground)
Venice Beach life guard house
Seashell Collectors Delight!
An abundant selection of restaurants & shops are located in the Historic Downtown Venice area.
Farmers Market every Saturday
Welcome to our home.
Light & airy master suite w/King bed & private full bath
Master Bath w/dual cultured marble vanity top, maple cabinets & 18' diagonal tile floors
Guest bedroom #1; Queen bed
Family room w/unobstructed view of the lake.
Relax while viewing the lake & evening sunsets
Lake fountain at night
Convenient Beach buggy & other 'Beach Day' supplies located in garage
World-class Heart Center just 15 minutes away
A Downtown taxi shuttle operates free of charge during events & festivals
John & and I enjoying Manasota Beach. Wish you were here!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 01, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.