Relaxing Vermont Lakefront, Near Camps and Dartmouth
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Fairlee house description
Steppingstone is a classic restored camp on the west side of Lake Morey. Can easily walk to Lake Morey Inn, Golf & Resort. The house is all on one level and is easily accessible via a fairly flat walkway from the road. Easy in and out with no major staircases to get to the house.
House located on lakeside of road. You do not have to cross street to get to lake.
The front has a lawn perfect for a lawn party or simply playing games with the children. Meanwhile if it’s lakefront access you want, simply go down the winding path of stepping stones in the back and enjoy lake living from the private dock.
The house contains 2 bedrooms, living room, full kitchen, dining area, sun room, and two decks off of main house. Each of the bedrooms has its own bathroom, each with its own tub & shower. Keeping with the ambiance and serenity of the lake there is no TV … which guests have said is a blessing … as it leaves more time for reading, talking with your kids, playing games, or simply enjoying the outdoors.
The mahogany wood deck off the sun-room provides an ideal spot for enjoying the lake view, reading, sun-bathing, barbequing, having hors d’oeuvres & cocktails, or outdoor dining as the sun sets.
The private deck/patio off the master bedroom offers views of the lake and mountains.
The property has parking for three cars, with overflow parking available at a public boat launch area (about 5 min walk up the lake).
To help protect the new floors, we ask shoes be left in the front entry area.
Bedding and towels are provided. There is a full-sized refrigerator in the kitchen. There is a gas grill on the deck for your use, please replace the gas if you empty the container.
There is an indoor fireplace that you probably won’t need in the summer.
No smoking and no pets. We recycle everything. If you simply put all clean paper, plastic, glass and cans in one bag and other non-recyclable garbage in another we will take them to the dump.
We require a 5 night minimum stay.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- Lake View
- Roller Blading
- Water Tubing
- Medical Services
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake Morey is 5 miles around on a paved quiet road; perfect for a morning walk, bike ride or jog. There are 2 bikes with helmets provided. The golf course, site of the Vermont State Open, is less than ½ mile from the house. The Lake Morey Resort has been well known as a vacation destination since the early 1900's when Melvin Douglas lived on the lake and President Eisenhower vacationed here. Meanwhile Dartmouth College is only 15 miles away down interstate 91. In addition to swimming off our private dock there is the town beach and nearby Lake Fairlee to explore, not to mention great trails and waterfalls to discover. For the more adventuresome there is hot air ballooning in nearby Post Mills. Our family has been coming to Lake Morey for over 70 years and family members are still very active in the local community … make sure you stop in at Gryphon’s Antiques and Chapmans when you visit Fairlee. Fishing licenses can be obtained at Chapman’s and are required even off the dock and the lake is patrolled. For grocery shopping there is Wings in Fairlee and for natural food items visit the quaint South End Market in Bradford. Restaurants- There are many within 10-15 mile radius. In Fairlee there is the Whippi Dip (great ice cream, sandwiches, etc.), the WhistleStop Cafe (breakfast and lunch food), Lake Morey Inn (sit down dining with view of the lake), Fairlee Diner (traditional breakfast). For fine dining try any of the following: Peyton Place or Arianna’s in Orford, Stella’s in Lyme, or The Canoe Club and others in Hanover and Norwich. There are 2 kayaks provided for guest’s use. The Fairlee Marina on Route 5 rents boats, if you’d like to do so separately. With rates for the week you can keep boat at our dock. Swimming from the dock is fine. The water is thigh deep at shore and over your head at the end of the dock. The house comes with two life vests; Vermont law requires life vests be worn in all boats, canoes and kayaks. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We spent five nights at SteppingStone early in September of 2012, and in a word it was WONDERFUL! Highlights included sipping morning coffee on the deck while watching mist drift over the lake as the sun rose, sitting on the dock lakeside reading, kayaking, riding bikes around the lake and through surrounding towns, lobster rolls and soft-serve from the Whippee Dipp in Fairlee, dancing at the golf club on Saturday night, playing bocce ball on the front lawn, having a glass of wine and watching the light on the trees and lake change. The cottage kitchen is very well stocked so we were able to cook and eat in, as we like to do. The view of the lake is so peaceful, and it's very tempting to just sit and watch the time go by from the gorgeous deck or the homey and comfortable main living areas. The cottage has a very open feel and is very welcoming. While we didn't have occasion to use the fireplace, the huge armchairs in the living room are very inviting and a great place to read a good book. We will definitely return!
- Guest ttygarcia (San Francisco)
- Date of stay 09/07/12
- Review Submitted 12/16/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, people with disabilities, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
5 night min stay
May 17 - Sep 6
5 night min stay
|Late Summer - Early Fall
Sep 8 - Oct 11
5 night min stay
|4th of July period
Jul 2 - Jul 5, 2014
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly rentals are Saturday to Saturday OR Sunday to Sunday (flexible) 10:00 am check-out 4:00pm check-in.
Monthly rates also available. Please contact owner.
Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Requires signed rental agreement along with 50% deposit to secure dates.
Final 50% due 30 days prior to arrival.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Additional fees (not included in above rates):
9.0% VT Room and Meals Tax
$85 cleaning fee
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Looking out at the lake off two tiered deck
Kitchen with gas range and microwave
Front lawn perfect for lawn parties like a summer lobster feed.
Bocce ball on front lawn
Private dock perfect for swimming and boating with Lake Morey Inn in view.
Living room looking into sunroom and out to deck and lake
View up the lake from private dock
Walkway and flower beds on way to house
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 23, 2013