Stunning Tuscan Villa with Pool and Gardens, Near to Beaches.
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Camaiore villa description
The house is a 15th century farmhouse which has been restored to very high standards, with original materials, chestnut beams in every room, fireplaces and quarry tiles. It is tastefully furnished with antique furniture, but at the same time it is a very functional home, with plenty of space for everything, good central heating, bathrooms and showers, and all modern conveniences.
The property is surrounded by a 10000 m large enclosed park with pool, outdoor shower and changing room. In the garden there are several areas furnished with chairs and a barbecue for outdoor dining. The villa consists of a ground floor with a large combined kitchen with living area, two large living rooms and a bathroom. On the first floor there are the main room, a reading room, two double bedrooms and a bathroom. On the second floor there are two bedrooms, a large living room and a bathroom. The house is located about 1 km from Camaiore, and about 10 km from the sea, which is accessible via a fast provincial road.
- 7500 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided
- Living Room seats 10
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Porch / Veranda
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- The house is located in the small hill-town of Camaiore, in the part of Tuscany called Versilia. Different from the classical inland Tuscany, it has a long, sandy coastline, with great beaches, and high mountains just behind. Camaiore is about half an hour from Pisa airport, or an hour from Florence airport, and it is easily reached by highway. It is neither too big nor too small, and has all the facilities one requires for a very comfortable life – good food shops (both supermarkets and small village shops), restaurants, an antique market in the middle of the town in the summer, and lots of coffee-bars and ice-cream shops, as well as a delightful town centre which is traffic free, with a piazza where you can sit and sip a drink, while watching the world go by. For those who enjoy shopping, a fantastic market is held every Wednesday in the nearby town of Forte dei Marmi, plus all the joys of Italian fashion to be found in Viareggio and Lucca. As for sightseeing, it is all within easy reach – Florence and its art treasures, Siena and its magical square, the hill towns of Chianti and the vineyards too. Carrara and the marble quarries are nearby, the Cinque Terre with its delightful little villages, so cut off from the world that time seems to have stopped, Pisa and its tower (recently re-opened to the public after having been “straightened up” a little). Lucca, half an hour away, is the greatest hidden treasure of all, a delightful walled city with glorious sights and an elegant, dignified air. The roads are good, and it is difficult to get lost. For the ramblers, there are plenty of walks in the hills above the house, and for serious walkers, the nearby Garfagnana has lots to offer. Or you could stay at home and enjoy the garden and the pool....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $675 Nightly
Oct 1 - Apr 29
7 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $600 Nightly
May 1 - Jun 29
7 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $625 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Pisa at 40 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Livorno at 52 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Viareggio at 11 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A12 at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Lido di Camaiore at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Abetone at 110 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Pizzeria in Piazza at 1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1987
About: My name is Joel and I handle rentals of our house on behalf of my family. We have been coming to the region since childhood and are also fluent Italian speakers. We deeply believe this is one of the most beautiful, unique and culturally alive locations in the world.
My family's dream was to find a villa to restore, in this perfect location of Camaiore, where we had been spending summers each year. Finding this 15th Century villa, we set about the long and detailed process of restoring it to, and beyond, its former glory, using only local and traditional materials. It is faithful to its history, but also modern in its comforts and conveniences, with chefs kitchen and a bathroom on every floor. The 10,000m terraced gardens offer numerous places to relax, read under the shade of fruit trees or the pergola, and a large swimming pool with diving board. The house and the time one spends there is always idyllic. We are happy to share our home with others who will appreciate it as much!
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
While perfectly quiet in the Tuscan hills, it nevertheless is only 10km from white sandy beaches, the nightlife of Forte Dei Marmi, and the splendid Italian shopping. Markets abound in the region, as do fine restaurants and fine wines. It also serves as a great base for visits to the cultural wonders of Pisa, Florence, Lucca, Sienna and the Chianti region.
- Primary: +1 8187321009 During work hours US Pacific Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
2nd Floor living room
The house, viewed from the garden
Outdoor dining on the terrace.
Downstairs living room / TV room
'Pillar Room' featuring 15th Century exposed column
2nd Floor Guest Bedroom with queen bed
Charles Rene Mackintosh chairs in 2nd Floor living room
Third Floor living room
Kitchen dining area
3rd floor guest bedroom (one of two on this floor - the other a queen size bed)
One bathroom (of three)
Master bedroom suite with private study and staircase
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Tell us your travel details and get an instant price quote from Joel Douek