VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
- Ideal rental providing comfort and convenience - Walk to the Plaza down Canyon Rd. - only 1.5 block from Canyon Rd. - Beautifully furnished with art and artifacts from around the world. - No better example of a traditional Santa Fe adobe home within the Eastside Historic district with traditional orno, kiva, vigas and lattilas - Lovely gated patio with table, chairs and fountain to enjoy the cool evenings or to watch the hummingbirds - Charming updated kitchen with granite tops and beautiful cabinets - Ground flr bedroom and 2nd flr bedroom suite - Parking for two cars - a rarity downtown
Winter/Spring Season Jan 16 - Jun 13 7 night min stay
Summer Season Jun 15 - Oct 14 7 night min stay
My Standard Rate 7 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Maximum of 4 people per visit
Prefer long-term stays and offer rates for rentals of 30 days or more
Full payment upon reservation by check or bank note only
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Located in the center of Santa Fe's Historic Eastside:
- 3 hiking trailheads within walking distance
- 1.5 block to Canyon Road where there are art galleries and restaurants
- 1.5 mile to Santa Fe Plaza for entertainment, shopping and restaurants (easy walk down Canyon Road)
- 1 mile to Museum Hill , including the Folk Art festival
- .5 mile to Saint John's College
- 3 miles to Audubon Center on Upper Canyon Road
- 1 block to Historic Cristo Rey church
- 2 miles to Ski Santa Fe -- then 10 to 12 miles up the mountain road
- 2 miles to the Santa Fe Institute
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: This has been our second home for ten years -- ten years of loving care and excellent maintenance.
Why the Owner Chose Historic Eastside: There is no better example of a traditional Santa Fe adobe home within the Eastside Historic district.
It was originally a one room home with a kiva fireplace for heat and six foot ceilings -- originally built by hand on site by the owner.
An early renovation turned it into a beautiful example of a modernized adobe with gas heat and nine foot, viga ceilings, reflective of Santa Fe's golden past.
Traditional bread oven (orno) in parking area with original grain grinding stone (metate)
The Unique Benefits at this House: Very pleasant walk to the Plaza down Canyon Road and its art galleries and restaurant. Walk to Museum Hill or Saint John's College. One of few homes that has an orno (old bread baking oven) in the yard. Go through the old wooden gate to a delightful enclosed patio. Enjoy the cool evenings of Santa Fe on the patio and listen to coyotes in the distance or watch the hummingbirds as they flitter around. Inside the artfilled house is cozy with a layout for comfortable and easy living.