Knotty Pine Charming Cabin W/Stone Fireplace on 575 Acre Preserve
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Milford cabin description
One Room All Knotty Pine, Hardwood Floors, Stone Fireplace w/Kitchenette
Romantic, Cozy cabin for 2 with beautiful stone fireplace in secluded 575 wooded acre preserve with stream & waterfalls. Newly remodeled with Full bath, tile flooring, Kitchenette, hardwood floors. Nature Lover's Paradise. This charming comfortable cabin is an authentic 1930s era hunting cabin on a large property with hiking trails that go on for miles. The stream & waterfalls are breathtaking with a private swimming hole that is relaxing and refreshing. Bring your fishing pole (if you have a Pennsylvania fishing license).
Exceptionally private, half-mile long driveway (gated); for 75 years was a private hunting club but now is maintained as the owner's exclusive retreat. Privacy and discretion assured.
The cabin is located only 6 miles from Milford, PA, which Atlantic Magazine once called 'The Prettiest County Seat in America'. 3/4 of the village is in a National Historic District featuring galleries, antiques, coffee shops, boutiques and specialty shopping.
Heritage attractions include Grey Towers (Richard Morris Hunt-designed 19th c. stone mansion), The Columns Museum (featuring the blood-stained Lincoln flag, which cushioned the President's head moments after he was shot) and the Hotel Fauchere/Relais & Chateaux, with its three restaurants, patisserie, day spa, vintage menu collection and permanent exhibit of Hudson River School paintings. The day spa, Badea & Soul, offers massages, facials and body scrubs/wraps in the comfort of your cabin rental, by pre-arranged appointment. Contact them at 570-409-6540 or email@example.com.
Milford is also adjacent to the 70,000 acre Delaware Water Gap National Park and the federally-protected Upper Delaware Wild & Scenic River offering a wide array of river activities, including tubing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, eagle-watching and more.
- 300 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- One Queen Size Bed
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Newly Remodeled Bathroom w/ Shower, Tile Flooring, Knotty Pine
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Miniature Golf
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Massage Therapist
- Outlet Shopping
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- There is so much. 75% of Milford village is a Nat. Historic district, with architecture by Richard Morris Hunt, Olmsted, McKim, Mead & White, Chester Aldrich, etc.; Grey Towers historic mansion operated by US Forest Service (Pinchot family home, birthplace of conservation movement); Columns Museum, featuring the blood-stained flag that cushioned President Lincoln's head moments after he was assassinated as well as vintage costumes, Native American and other exhibits, including the personal effects of Charles Saunders Peirce (the 'father of pragmatism'); free exhibit of Hudson River School paintings at the historic Hotel Fauchere; working 19th c. wooden grist mill at the Upper Mill; Forest Hall; llama farm; mushrooming; 70,000 acre national park; hiking with spectacular long views and an amazing fluviarchy of waterfalls in the region. Raymondskill Falls, the tallest in Pennsylvania, is a five minute drive from the cottage. Lots of wildlife, excellent restaurants, boutiques, antiques, galleries and great shopping in Milford. Three film festivals in September and October (Black Bear Film festival in Milford mid-October, Tri-state Film Festival in Westfall, next to Milford, in September, and Narrowsburg, NY, film festival in September). Music festival in Milford in June, with free live music at more than a dozen venues throughout the village. Festival of Wood hosted by US Forest Service in August, Festival of Lights and ice sculptures in January. Large local LGBT community, with pride events every June....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The cabin was amazing and exactly how it looks in the pictures. I used the fireplace at night and it warmed up the whole cabin into a warm, cozy cacoon. The property is peaceful and relaxing. The sound of running water from the stream and waterfalls is constant and relaxing.
- Guest Anderson (Philadelphia, PA)
- Date of stay 10/14/13
- Review Submitted 10/26/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, people with disabilities, pet owners, families with young children, age 55+.
Cozy n quaint Cottage
Cozy n quaint Cottage
The property is gorgeous, candidly the building we stayed in was a bit small and did not have much of a kitchen, however if cooking is not important its a great place to stay. If u need more room, Sean has 2 other larger cabins on site... in fact my son and I are looking forward to return and stay in the 2 bedroom version Studio, 2 bedroom or the larger house were all immaculate! OHH... 2 waterfalls as well
- Guest fireguy (Brooklyn, NY, USA)
- Date of stay 08/28/13
- Review Submitted 09/03/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, pet owners, adventure seekers.
Clean, relaxing, perfect escape
Clean, relaxing, perfect escape
The cabin was exactly as described and perfect for one or two people who want to relax in a wooded retreat. The creek with waterfall and swimming hole was even better than I expected and the sounds of water fill the air around the cabin.
- Guest Susan D. (Bethel, CT)
- Date of stay 04/15/13
- Review Submitted 04/20/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
May 1 - Oct 31
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Holidays are subject to a rate of $315 per night. Pets require an additional $200 refundable security deposit.
- Pet Fee: $0.00
- Cleaning Fee: $42.40
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200.00
- Tax Rate 9%
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Newark Airport at 70 Miles
- Nearest Train: Port Jervis, NY 12771 at 11 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 84, Routes 209/6 at 6 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Milford Beach on the Delaware River at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bar Louis at the Hotel Fauchere at 6 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain (Lackawaxen, PA) at 20 Miles
- Nearest Golf: The Lynx at River Bend (18 hole; Port Jervis, NY) at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Delmonico Room & Bar Louis @ Hotel Fauchere at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 1997
About: Owner is a writer and investor who lives in nearby Milford and New York City. Loves dogs, nature, reading and gentle, kind people.
I bought the property because it is exceedingly private, evokes a spiritual connection to nature and it is movie-set gorgeous. It is also close to NYC, only 75 miles away, but it feels like you’re in the Canadian northwoods or somewhere far away from the stresses and pressures of urban life.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Mushrooming; trout fishing; hiking; wildlife including black bear, deer, wild turkey, mountain lion. Very few mosquitoes (the bats eat them.) Pond; stream; waterfall; swimming hole. Exceptional privacy, half-mile long driveway. The Historic Village of Milford - the birthplace of the American Conservation movement - is only 6 miles away, with heritage & cultural attractions, antiques and great restaurants (including the Delmonico Room, Bar Louis & the Patisserie Fauchere at The Hotel Fauchere, co-owned by the owner of this cottage). 70,000 acre Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Fax: +1 206 202-3971 Fax Number
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Tell us your travel details and get an instant price quote from Sean Strub