Reclaimed - Rustic - Repurposed - Relaxing Cabin
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Dancing Fox Cabin is in keeping with our 1842 Farmstead’s ambiance. Often early settlers would erect a simple cabin on the same property prior to building a more permanent home and Dancing Fox Cabin is a reflection and our vision of one of those early structures we built on our property.
With it’s rural locale setting, simple shed roof style outline, barn wood exterior cladding, interior walls sheathed in white-washed boards, wide-plank pine flooring, rustic hand-made kitchen cabinetry and barn beam framing….you will be enveloped by the subtle feelings of our pioneers, a sense of soothing well-being and one of a simpler more calmer lifestyle with some modern amenities.
The Dancing Fox Cabin is your opportunity to experience what most lodging in Ohio doesn't offer. Imagine as you follow its pathway to your front porch, stepping across the threshold of your original swinging barn door entry and then begin feasting your eyes, spirit and senses upon … another time and another place.
Our settler-style cabin may, by itself, become an unforgettable highlight of your visit to our area. Our initial goal was to utilize in the building process as many re-claimed, re-cycled, vintage and antique materials in the construction of this self-built structure. To this end we were quite successful. We estimate that approximately 95% of its total materials have been salvaged and re-purposed from various sources in northern Ohio! The blending of all these various components into a harmonious finished product is one that is memorable, soothing, and yet to many, exciting. As different as the exterior’s first impression may be, the cabin’s interior is where your visual senses will be captivated. Wherever your eyes and hands rove you will discover subtly aged textures, hand created items and coordinated color palettes that enhance the feelings of rustic relaxation. These time-worn nuances now re-shed their light from simpler by-gone days and are captured by our cabin’s cozy environment. The lasting effect is one you won't forget. “Memories are made at the Dancing Fox Cabin.”
This “off the beaten path” farmland environment removes you from both the traffic and people congestion normally associated with other vacation rentals. Our centralized location is very convenient to the multitudes of attractions, events and activities found throughout the entire north central Ohio region. Lake Erie’s south shore, Cedar Point Amusement Park, fishing, boating, antique shops, dining, golfing, wineries and festivals are all within quick and easy driving distances. Major highways such as the Ohio Turnpike, U.S. State Rt. 20 and others are practically at your doorstep and conveniences for groceries and other neccessities are only minutes away.
Visit our website: www.dancingfoxcabin.com
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- There is no walled off private bedroom in our re-purposed cabin’s continuous layout. The open concept lends a feeling of airiness and historically proper for simple cabin construction designs during early settlement days. The log framed queen size bunk bed is the dominant focal point of the cabin’s bedroom area. At one side of the bed is a handmade wardrobe clad with antique reddish-brown barn siding. This rustic wardrobe features plentiful wall hooks, shelving with baskets for clothing and a simple clothing rod which is 'limited' for storage so pack lightly. Resting at the foot of the log bed is a vintage cedar trunk for additional storage and an original primitive dry sink cupboard with shelves as well. From this open and undefined bedroom area you be able to freely converse with others in the cabin, watch the flat screen TV or fireplace and peer outside from the many windows scattered throughout the cabin. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathrooms
- As you enter through the antique door leading to the bathroom, there is more primitive décor aspects as found throughout the cabin. The wooden floors continue on which were originally flooring in a hayloft. Another example is the bathroom vanity base cabinet Paul handmade from early 1900’s Wormy Chestnut and features a porcelain counter top surface once from an old Hoosier cupboard along with a repurposed sink. The shower stall walls are sheathed with large antique slate chalkboards formerly used to teach children in a local 1892 school house. On the wall above the commode you’ll find a rustic, handmade wall cupboard for storage and on another wall a vintage wood farm ladder for hanging towels. An abundance of clothing hook adorns the walls and door’s interior. And for your convenience, there is a commode and hot and cold running water! *smiles* ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
A handmade cross-buck table built similar to tables used by our ancestors. Materials were salvaged from a local barn’s framework and two pieces of its wide-board siding. Has 2 benches and 2 chairs....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Living Room seats 5:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- If you are planning an event or surprise for someone, we would be more then happy to help with any special arrangements, ideas, decorations, food, flowers, etc. Also, our yard is large enough for small events and we do have a guest house on site also for accommodating a few extra people. Just let us know what you need so we can help you make your special occasion the best it can be without all the stress....moreless
Pool & Spa
- Lawn / Garden:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
- Pier Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Freshwater Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Hunting Small Game
- Jet Skiing
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- The town of Bellevue is in the middle of everywhere! Any direction you choose to wander in, you will find something to see and do! Here are a few examples of attractions all within 10-30 minutes Cedar Point Amusement Park (Sandusky) 20 minutes - Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Historical Lyme Village (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Seneca Caverns (Bellevue) 15 minutes - Rutherford Hayes Presidential Center with Museum and House Tours (Fremont) 20 minutes - Sorrowful Mother Shrine (Bellevue) 15 minutes - Edison's Birthplace (Milan) 15 minutes - The Berlin Fruit Box Company / Samuel Patterson Baskets (Berlin Heights) 25 minutes - Naturally Country Gifts and Decor 5000 sq feet of unique decor (Norwalk) 20 minutes - African Safari Wildlife Park (Port Clinton) 30 minutes - Marblehead Lighthouse and Keepers House (Marblehead) 30 minutes - Johnsons Island and Lakeside on Lake Erie (Marblehead) 30 minutes - Kalahari Indoor Waterpark (Sandusky) 20 minutes - Antique, Repurposed and Thrift Shops (located in various towns such as Bellevue, Milan, Fremont, Norwalk) 20 minutes - and so much more! Brochures of all kinds of attractions and things to do in our area will be made available in your cabin. NOTE: We also have a lovingly decorated, fully furnished 2nd floor guest house apartment on site for nightly and extended stay rental. Private entrance, complete kitchen, livingroom, kitchen nook, bath and more! See website at: www.ourguesthouse...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Holiday weekends require a 3 night reservation (Memorial Day - July 4th, Labor Day).
We also offer extended stay and monthly rates, please inquire.
NOTE: We also have a lovingly decorated, fully furnished 2nd floor guest house apartment on site for nightly and extended stay rental. Private entrance, complete kitchen, livingroom, kitchen nook, bath and more! See website at: www.ourguesthouse
Upon making a reservation and to hold your dates a one night stay is placed immediately on your credit or debit card. A Security Deposit may apply depending on the number of nights of your reservation. Balance of your reservation is paid upon arrival. PLEASE REVIEW OUR CANCELLATION POLICY ON WEBSITE www.dancingfoxcabin.com
Additional Fees and Taxes:
- Rate is based on double occupancy (2 people) taxes included.
- Extra People: $10.00 per person, per night
- One night rentals are available at $110.00 (includes taxes) based on 2 people, when we don't have 2 consecutive days available. See calendar for availability.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Harpster-Davenport Guest House
"Nightly and weekly accommodations available! Imagine... a quiet, rural, circa.1842 farmhouse with a "home away from home" atmosphere where you will enjoy a country setting, yet only minutes from town. We know as travelers ourselves, what it's like to stay in one room motels, hotels and bed and breakfast homes and that is precisely what sets us apart. Why stay somewhere with only one room, when you can enjoy a spacious, nicely furnished guest house style apartment and have the entire second floor accommodations all to yourself. Our home isn't frilly fancy and filled with elaborate antiques....we like to refer to our style as country casual which offers all the amenities you would want. Majestic white pines adorn our backyard, flower beds to view, birds to hear and even our neighbor roosters will sing a tune now and then while you savor the fresh country breezes. It's not unusual to see deer wandering the fields and at night listen to the coyotes baying while enjoying a crackling fire under our old world style pergola enjoying your favorite beverage or making s'mores. Perhaps during a warm summer evening star gazing and enjoying the hot tub, you will even catch your own special shooting star to wish upon. Have a special occassion coming up? Let us know how we can help you make it a lasting memory by decorating, food and beverage items and other ideas"...MoreCollapse
- Nearest Airport: Griffings Airport, Sandusky, Ohio at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Millers Ferry, Goodtimes, Jet Express at 15 Miles
- Nearest Train: Cleveland at 50 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 20 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: East Harbor State Park, Marblehead, Ohio at 18 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Variety in town to choose from at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mansfield at 35 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Various courses at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Many varieties to choose from in town at 1 Miles
About the owner: One of life’s most exciting pleasures is creating unique, fond and lasting memories for ourselves, our friends and guests.
Why the Owner Chose Bellevue:
Dancing Fox cabin offers an opportunity to experience something a little different in the way of accommodations during your visit to our area, whether it's for a fun energizing vacation or some much needed down time for relaxation. We guarantee, you will remember Dancing Fox Cabin.
- Primary: 419-602-1009
Front porch for relaxing and conversation
Old barn door for main door and handmade screen door.
Gas log fireplace, flat screen TV on wall above antique pie safe cabinet.
Looking out towards front porch windows.
Queen size log bunkbeds, handmade barnwood wardrobe with shelves for clothing.
Quiet corner window in kitchen over sink
Antique ladder towel rack and more repurposed materials throughout bathroom.
Settlers garden with fresh produce for guests to enjoy when in season
Guests picking fresh leaf lettuce and other veggies for lunch
Our cuddly bear, but he doesn't bite!
The magic of snow. Photo taken January 2013.
Welcome to Dancing Fox Cabin
Partial view of livingroom area with gas fireplace and hide-a-bed.
Antique dry sink and pump lamp
Handmade crossbuck table made from primitive barnwood with benches.
Kitchen area. Vintage chalkboard slate countertops, handmade barnwood cabinets.
Bathroom. Shower stall lined with vintage chalkboard slate, handmade vanity.
Patio with gas grill, picnic table and chairs for outside dining
Garden area next to cabin.
Looking out from front porch of cabin onto yard
Pergola from old barn beams. Enjoy evening fires and roasted marshmallows.
6 Person outdoor Hot Tub ready for you any time day or night.
Also available is our second floor Guest House apt. www.ourguesthouse.net
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, June 10, 2013