Paradise on the Intracoastal Waterway with on-Site Boat Ramp and Dock
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hampstead house description
Heron's View offers relaxation, recreation, and on-site access to the Intracoastal Waterway. We are 5 minutes from Harbour Village Marina, 15 minutes from the beaches of Topsail Island, and 30 minutes from downtown Wilmington. It's very quiet here, but there is plenty to do.
If you like activity, there are outdoor sports of all types - plus many galleries, gardens, museums, and historical sites to visit in the area.
If you are here for relaxation, there's always the beach or the porch.
- 2100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- Bedroom 1, downstairs, can be accessed from the living room or the porch on the water side of the house. It has a wonderful views, a queen size bed, two large closets, and a separate bath. Bedroom 2, at the top of the stairs, has not only a queen bed and built-in daybed, but a closet large enough for an inflatable bed or a crib. It also has an attached cosy reading room. Bedroom 3, on the north end of the house and upstairs, has a large closet. All bedrooms have balconies or decks, ceiling fans, and wonderful views....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1, the bath attached to the downstairs bedroom, has a Jacuzzi tub and a laundry closet with washer, dryer, ironing board, and iron. Bathroom 2, also downstairs, is a powder room by the front door - great for travelers who have been on the road a long time. Bathroom 3, upstairs and entered from the upstairs living area, is the only bathroom upstairs. It has a Jacuzzi tub and a separate shower. Bathroom 4 for is on the ground level inside the utility room. There is an outdoor shower on the ground level as well....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
The fully equipped kitchen was designed to allow the cook(s) to enjoy views of the water while working. Family members and friends love to sit at the counter and visit as the cook prepares a meal. ...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Heron's View is a five minute walk from Harbour Village Marina, a fifteen minute drive from the beaches of Topsail Island, and a thirty minute drive from downtown Wilmington. An on-site boat ramp and two boat slips in a protected inlet give you quick access to the ICWW and all the sheltered waterways between the mainland and Topsail Island. Ocean inlets are a short boat ride away. In addition to beach activities and water sports, there are excellent golf courses, an outstanding community park, and great restaurants nearby. Shopping, movies, bowling alleys, skating rinks, museums, gardens, historical sites, and live entertainment are a short drive away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Labor Day stay
Labor Day stay
We found this place online and it looked like a good place for a family vacation on Labor Day weekend. However, we got much more than that! Pat, the property manager, was great, and the house was beautiful!! We hope to stay again soon...
- Guest Marcelo P.
- Date of stay 08/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/09/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Manager response: Thank you for the kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing all of you again soon.
The title is correct.........this place is a coastal North Carolina paradise. The views and wildlife were amazing especially the sunrise over the waterway and the Osprey nest in front of the house. The boat traffic on the waterway provided constant entertainment and the canals and marshes are perfect for kayaking and bird watching. The house is well laid-out to accentuate the views, was clean/well maintained and has everything you need. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a quiet time in a beautiful setting.
- Guest BJ (Raliegh)
- Date of stay 05/10/12
- Review Submitted 05/08/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Loved Heron's View!
Loved Heron's View!
Very beautiful house and setting. Amazing views and porches. Access to the boat ramp right on the property is so convenient. The second floor is its own little apartment. Couldn't think of a better place to stay. I absolutely would stay here again. Lots to do in the area, and close to the beach. Beautiful area to vacation.
- Guest M (Enfield, CT)
- Date of stay 07/22/12
- Review Submitted 05/04/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Heron's View, sunrises and charm...
Heron's View, sunrises and charm...
This is a wonderfully comfortable, cozy house, with beautiful views of the Intracoastal Waterway, islands, and a maybe even some passing dolphins. The sunrise coming up over the Atlantic and Topsail Island, makes getting up early worth losing some sleep, and hey, you can always nap later... The house is charming and well set up. It has an open floor plan with the kitchen, dining area and living room all flowing into each other. There's a fireplace for cool evenings, but I think the doors and windows will be open for most people, to better enjoy the breeze coming in off the waterway. There's a TV, but why turn it on? The passing boat traffic - small to mega yachts, sailboats, tugs, fishing boats, as well as the waterfowl, and the endlessly changing light across the salt marsh, is better than anything on TV, it's the real life Nature Channel! Be sure to bring your binoculars. The owners have stocked the shelves with all variety of books, so if you can tear yourself from just being mesmerized by the view, there's always an Adirondack chair on the deck, and a book available. We highly recommend you give Heron's View a visit, it might be hard to leave...
- Guest peatmarsh (NYC)
- Date of stay 04/18/13
- Review Submitted 04/25/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $200
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Tax Rate 10%
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Wilmington, NC at 25 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Southport, NC at 70 Miles
- Nearest Train: Raleigh, NC at 130 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 17 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Surf City, NC at 11 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Sand Wedge Bar and Grill at Belvedere at 1.2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Belvedere Golf at 1.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About: Owner Ailsa and Geoff are from England but Geoff has worked for the same company for years and they have lived in some wonderful places because of his work. Before coming to the US to live in NJ, they lived for years in Italy.
Two couples who are close friends of owners Ailsa and Geoff discovered Mallard Bay and bought homes here where they hope to retire. They began looking then for a home in Mallard Bay and after many months, Heron's View went on the market. Their realtor showed them the house on her new phone and they made an offer quickly - before seeing the property in person. Next, Ailsa came with the realtor and visited long enough to check out the ambiance of Heron's View. Convinced that both Mallard Bay and Heron's View were what they were looking for, they signed the contract, though Geoff had still not seen the property. When you experience Heron's View for yourself, you will see why! Geoff recently began making retirement plans and he and Ailsa look forward to being at Mallard Bay more in the future. They also love their lake house in NJ and hope to spend part of the year in NC and part in NJ.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Geoff and Ailsa Clarke are part of their NJ Lake community but are already feeling part of the Mallard Bay neighborhood as well. Their new house on the ICWW is very well built and easy to maintain and they already love being on the waterway! Heron's View was a Bed and Breakfast before becoming a vacation rental and the former B&B owner is available to assist guests at Heron's View.
- Primary: 910-620-1474
Heron's View as seen from Mallard Bay Drive.
The front door on the street side of the house.
Another view of the downstairs living area
The kitchen is well equipped and the spice rack is full.
A place to enjoy the Mallard Bay breezes
The south upstairs bedroom has wonderful views.
Daybed in south upstairs bedroom
Upstairs living room has a dry bar with refrigerator and microwave.
The upstairs bath has custom tilework, separate shower and Jacuzzi tub.
Mallard Bay community is built around a canal system. Great for a canoe trip!
Late July to late August, the Asian pears are ready to eat. Help yourself!
Bench by the water
A close-up view of the water side of the house shows the under-house parking.
Downstairs living area
The kitchen has cobalt blue tile and maple counter tops.
Downstairs dining area
Downstairs bedroom (bath is to the right)
This cosy reading alcove goes with the south upstairs bedroom.
Upstairs livng area has HDTV, DVD player, microwave, refrigerator, and office.
Jacuzzi tub in upstairs bath
The yard always has something in bloom.
View from the balcony
Garden by the front steps
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 28, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5+ Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.