Bed, Boat & Breakfast - on the Waterfront
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Shelter Island bed and breakfast description
Located on beautiful San Diego Bay
Come experience what it is like to stay aboard our beautiful Classic Yacht. 'SLIPAWAY' is perfect for that romantic getaway for two or bring the whole family. This yacht accommodates up to 6 persons with 1 Queen Stateroom aft, 2 single bunks mid-ship and 1 double berth forward. This yacht has everything you need to enjoy a weekend or a week! Full galley with refrigerator, freezer, stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, cooking utensils, even the spices - not to mention we supply the coffee and continental style breakfast for your stay. Enjoy BBQ'ing on the aft deck while sipping a glass of wine and watching the sunset over Point Loma. For your entertainment we offer 2 LED TV’s with Satellite, both with DVD players.
On SLIPAWAY we go the extra mile to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Towels and linens provided for your stay. Don't miss your daily work out; enjoy our fitness center and recreation room. Free internet available, so bring your laptop.
Enjoy discounts at some of the finest restaurants on Shelter Island. Walk to the famous Humphreys By The Bay which hosts the Summer Concert Series. Listen to some of the hottest artists in the country.
Kayaks, Sail boats and Beach Cruisers available for rental for a nominal daily fee.
Lodging taxes and cleaning fees are include in all daily/weekly rentals: (rates are based on 2 persons staying aboard - $29 fee per night for each additional person up to 6)
Ask about adding a Sunset or Harbor cruise on to your stay: Rates start at $495 for 2 hrs and that includes a licensed captain. Sailing charters start at $650 for 4 hrs and includes a licensed captain.
- 670 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Bed And Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Please note that boats are unique and have limited hot water heaters, so although this boat has a shower on board, showering is done at our modern shore-side facilities. Please note that although we have toilets and showers on board this boat they are considered an 'extra'. If any extras become nonfunctional during your stay we provide shore-side facilities to cover for these 'extras' not functioning. No refunds or discounts will be given for these extras not functioning. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fitness Center
- Roller Blading
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Whale Watching
- Located on Shelter Island in the renown 'America's Cup Harbor', close to San Diego Yacht Club and within an 8 - 10 minute drive of Cabrillo National Monument, Ocean Beach, Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, Sea World, Old Town, the Gas Lamp District, and shopping at Fashion Valley. A wonderful way to experience the San Diego waterfront is to hike or bike from the boat to the end of Point Loma with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean on one side and San Diego bay on the other. Explore the Cabrillo National Monument with its lighthouse, tide pools, nature trails and visitor center. To the North and over the hill you will find the beautiful Sunset Cliffs park where you can catch the sun sinking into the Pacific....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great weekend getaway or staycation!
Great weekend getaway or staycation!
I was fortunate to win a weekend on the Slipaway. What a treat! My girlfriend and I had a blast hanging on the boat this past weekend. Besides the boat being in great shape it is in a great location. We were in walking distance to many restaurants and a great concert venue. The management was great to deal with and would recommend the Slipaway and other rental opportunities with this group.
- Guest Patrick C.
- Date of stay 09/06/13
- Review Submitted 09/09/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thanks Patrick, glad you enjoyed you stay on Slipaway. Look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Shaun
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|July 4th Week
Jun 28 - Jul 7
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
CANCELLATIONS – In the event you need to cancel or change your reservation please do so within a timely manner. NO REFUNDS on any bookings, however, you will receive a credit for any of the days that we re-book. If only a portion of your reservation is re-booked, then you will be issued a credit for that amount and not the full amount of your booking. Credits must be used w/in 1yr of cancellation.
Deposits: DAMAGE DEPOSIT - of $500 is required on a credit card. Deposit is only authorized and held on a credit card until completion of rental. Release of deposits are outline in rental agreement. Advance payment equal to 50% is due immediately. The BALANCE OF RENTAL FEES is due thirty (30) days before the rental begins. If rental begins in less than 30 days, entire balance is due in full.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Diego Int'l Airport at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Coronado Ferry at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrack at 4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 5 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Ocean Beach at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bali Hai - On-site at Shelter Island
- Nearest Ski: Snow Summit Ski Resort at 150 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sail Ho at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Bali Hai - On site at Shelter Island
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Born and raised in Southern California, I've always had a love for the water. I'm an avid traveler and love finding unique destinations to stay. I started my Boat & Breakfast business 3 years ago and am now expanding my fleet. I scuba dive, sail, try to live a healthy lifestyle and love spending quality with my son doing fun activities.
Why the Owner Chose Shelter Island:
I love staying on this boat....it makes me understand the concept of 'freedom'....able to sail away at a moments notice and enjoy the ultimate pleasures of living on-board a boat.
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
I love the classic lines of 'Slipaway', the 'pirate ship' appeal of the big aft stateroom windows and all the custom inlaid hand carved mahogany throughout.
- Primary: +1 619-743-8600
- Fax: 619-512-5180
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 27, 2013