VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
I'd love to have you as a guest in my Phinney Ridge town home, which has unobstructed Olympic Mountain/sunset/territorial views from every floor and nearly every room. Located atop a hill, but easily accessible, my home is just minutes to historic Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, Greenlake, Greenwood, and it's also an easy walk to Phinney shops and restaurants, Woodland Park and the Woodland Park Zoo. A ten minute drive to Queen Anne, Downtown, Capitol Hill, and with easy I5 and hwy 99 freeway access, there's really no place in Seattle that isn't just a quick trip away. Phinney Ridge itself is a prime location; it's safe, walkable, and there's always ample street parking out in front, as well as buses that run right on the avenue below.
Built in 2008, the1900 sq. ft corner-lot view home has a private top-story master suite with tempurpedic bed, vaulted ceilings, a balcony, walk-in closet, jacuzzi tub and glass shower, his and hers sinks, and a private commode. The kitchen features stainless appliances, microwave, gas range, and ample granite counter space where you can prepare dinner while watching the sun set over the Olympic mountains. The kitchen opens into the dining room, which overlooks the living room a half-level below and has a large atrium window that frames a breathtaking view of the Olympics and Ballard. From the top story balcony, you can also see the Lake Washington Ship Canal. A second bedroom on the lower level opens out into a semi-private backyard kitchen garden, also with an Olympic Mountain view.
Each bedroom has its own bathroom with tub/shower, and there’s an extra half bathroom right off the kitchen. The home features cherry wood floors throughout, except for the lower level bedroom which has plush carpeting. Two indoor fireplaces - one in the living room and one in the master bedroom - make it especially cozy and easy to warm up, even in the coldest winter months. Cross-ventilation (with screened windows) and the hilltop breeze keeps it naturally cool year-round, even on those few hot Seattle summer days.
Free wireless internet is included, along with Apple TV that you can use with your own account (works with Netflix, Hulu, etc.), and a DVD player for watching movies. There is also an onsite front-loading whirlpool washer/dryer and an alarm system for security (optional). Decor throughout the home is cottage contemporary with soft warm tones. Fresh linens and towels are provided, of course.
This is a three-bedroom home, but one of the rooms is used as an office and closed off to guests, so there are two bedrooms available as accommodations, comfortably set up for four people.
ABOUT THE HOME:
- stainless dishwasher, fridge (with freezer/ice dispenser), microwave - four burner gas range and oven - granite counters - garbage disposal - built-in water filtration in sink and fridge - fully stocked with pots, pans, plates, bowls, cups, glasses, kitchen implements, spices, etc. - breakfast bar - half bath off kitchen - cherry hardwood floors throughout - select cookbook library for your culinary adventures! - Bose Wave CD/Radio
* MASTER BED/BATH
- tempurpedic mattress - vaulted ceilings - private/entire floor for master suite - access to private balcony with Olympic Mountain/Sunset view - jacuzzi tub - glass shower - private commode - walk in closet - his & hers sinks - tiled counters and floors - fireplace
* GUEST BEDROOM
- plush carpeting - access to semi-private backyard kitchen garden with Olympic Mountain view - private full bath - American Leather pull out foam mattress sofa (SO comfortable and easy to use; NOT your average pull-out bed)
* LIVING ROOM
- tall vaulted ceilings - large atrium window with unobstructed Olympic Mountain view - cherry hardwood floors throughout - open bi-level layout with kitchen/dining area - 46' mounted flat screen with Apple TV, DVD player, separate HDMI cable for laptop hookup and local station satellite - select books and DVDs for your use (there's also a video rental shop 1 min down the hill)
Open kitchen, granite counters with breakfast bar, stainless appliances, dishwasher, microwave, kitchenaid, cuisainart, toaster, gas range, full refrigerator, double-bowl stainless sink, water filter....moreless
$20 per person additional per night after the first four people
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: Originally from the east coast, I went to school in California, and then moved to Seattle in 2004 after finishing college. I have run a business here since 2005 and love being part of the local entrepreneurial community. I purchased my home in 2008, while it was still under construction. I watched it being built, picked out many of the finishes myself, and I have loved living in it and caring for it. My work now allows me (and sometimes requires me) to be mobile more of the time, and it is my pleasure to open up my home to guests who will exercise the same care I do when I stay in people's homes around the world!
Why the Owner Chose Phinney Ridge: I loved this home from the moment I saw it. The location atop the hill, with unobstructed views of the Olympic Mountains from every floor; the open layout of the main floor with the kitchen/dining room leading into the living room, which is recessed and underneath a vaulted ceiling and looks out through that large atrium window to the majestic view of the Olympics and breathtaking sunsets; the private master suite on a floor all to itself. It really stood out from every other town home I saw. And I find the location so perfect - minutes from Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, Greenlake, I5 and 99, and just a few minutes more by car and you're in the U-District, Downtown, Cap Hill, Magnolia, or Madison Park. It really is an ideal spot if you want to be close to everything great about Seattle, but removed from the busy-ness of Downtown.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome: Among my home's unique benefits, I'd list the following:
1. Awesome views from every floor.
2. Vaulted ceilings in Living Room and Master Bedroom
3. Fireplaces in the Living Room and Master Bedroom
4. Easy on street parking. I've NEVER had a tough time getting a spot on my street.
5. The tempurpedic bed is SO comfortable.
6. Cherry wood floors cover 75% of the home. Grey slate tiled entrance and plush carpeting in the second bedroom.
7. Open kitchen/dining/living room makes the home feel open, light, and spacious.
8. Master Bedroom balcony and semi-private kitchen garden off second bedroom bring the outside just a little bit in.
9. Phinney Ridge neighborhood is safe, quaint, and minutes from all Seattle's choice satellite areas.