Beautiful Chateau/Gites, 25acres of Seclusion, Near Toulouse/Pyrenees
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
St Ybars chateau / country house description
Chateau de Soules and Gites
South of Toulouse, on the edge of the Ariege, just south of the town of Lezat sur Leze, in the parish of St Ybars, you will find the beautiful Chateau de Soules. The Château is situated away from the main road south to the Pyrenean mountains, surrounded by it's own woods and parkland - in complete privacy.
The Chateau itself has five comfortable large double bedrooms all en-suite. Next to the Chateau is the Old Coach House, which has been converted into a large spacious fully equipped Gite, comfortably sleeping 8.
The properties sit in 25 acres of grounds with beautiful views, a large pool and tennis court. Ideal for large family groups, special parties, courses and small business functions, it is available to rent all year round. Catering can be arranged.
We have wireless internet broadband in the Chateau.
The Chateau is spacious and comfortable, with plenty of room to relax and unwind. On the ground floor there are a number of reception rooms, including a restful drawing room, a large living room with comfy sofas, large screen TV with access to a large selection of channels and a wide selection of DVDs. There is a formal Dining room with a beautiful fireplace and ornate mirror and windows looking out onto the gardens. Off the Dining room is a small study room. There is a Breakfast room next to the kitchen with windows looking out onto the gardens. The Kitchen is fully equipped with plenty of work surfaces, a double sink, good-sized range oven and hob, a large fridge freezer, dishwasher and microwave. There is plenty of cutlery, crockery and glasses, as well as plastic glasses for the pool area. The utility room has a washing machine, tumble dryer, sink and another large fridge.
Walking up the staircase you come to the first double bedroom with en-suite shower. This is the smallest of all the bedrooms. Continuing up to the first floor landing, with large windows at either end, are the four other large attractive double bedrooms all with super kingsize beds and bathrooms en-suite.
Downstairs, outside the Chateau Kitchen, is a large covered terraced area where you can sit and dine overlooking the grounds. It has its own brick built barbecue.
The main entrance to this Gite is at the side of the building. An entrance hall and staircase lead you to a very large open plan living space with plenty of comfortable sofas, a TV area with access to DVDs and videos and a dining area. Off this is a fully equipped kitchen with table and chairs. French windows lead out to a small balcony with views over the gardens. The Kitchen has a fridge freezer, oven, microwave and dishwasher.
A further small double bedroom and another large bedroom with two single beds. These share a large bathroom with a walk in shower. The Gite has its own terrace area overlooking the grounds.
We do have a smaller Gite with its own separate entrance that can be rented. It has two connecting double bedrooms, a shower room with toilet and washbasin, a living room and fully equipped kitchen. You can connect between both Gites if you wish to rent the two together and increase the overall numbers to 22. Please inquire for further details.
Depending on the time of year the grounds are rich in colour, an abundance of differing flowers, plants and trees are a joy. The terraces provide a wonderful position to view the gardens, but you free to walk and wander around the parkland and into the woods. We have a beautiful large swimming pool with an area for sun beds, a pool house with a fridge and shower. Also within the grounds you have your own private tennis court. We have a separate games room with table tennis and a selection of games. The beautiful secluded gardens and woodlands that surround you provide plenty of space for you to enjoy.
Chateau de Soules is ideally situated. In the department of Ariege, overlooked by the Pyrenees, it is in one of the most unspoilt regions of France. The rolling hillsides contain many old historic villages and small towns whose inhabitants have held fast to their traditions. You can visit markets daily to buy fresh local products.
The beautiful city of Toulouse, known as “La Ville Rose” is close by and definitely worth a visit, a vibrant city, and rich in history. It sits on the banks of the Garonne River and is home to an abundance of historic buildings, churches and galleries. It is full of beautiful old streets and squares, a multitude of fashionable boutiques and shops as well as numerous cafes, bars and restaurants.
There are plenty of other towns and places to visit locally as well as many things to do and see. Further afield a direct drive south soon takes you into the Pyrenees, Andorra and Spain. The Pyrenees provides access for a large range of activities, most notably skiing, walking, cycling and fishing.
An hour's drive takes you to Lourdes and the city of Albi, birthplace of Toulouse-Lautrec.
An hour and half east passing the historic castle city of Carcassonne, you reach the coast of the Mediterranean. Here the cities such Perpignan and Montpellier can be discovered. To the west, is the Atlantic, where you can find the cities of Bayonne, Biarritz and the Spanish city of San Sebastian. The coastal regions play host to a number of seaside resorts most notably the pretty town St Jean de Luz on the Atlantic and Collioure on the Mediterranean.
The region has its fair share of wine areas. The Midi-Pyrenees best-known produce are the Cahors, Fronton, Gaillac, Madiran, Pacherenc and Saint-Mont wines. A short drive soon sees you in the Languedoc-Roussillon region, which is one the world biggest wine producing areas, with an abundance of great vineyards to visit.
The Chateau and Gites are also the perfect place for family gatherings, party or wedding events or groups to visit. Whether to see the area and enjoy the properties as a restful holiday, or to use it as a base for activities such as corporate visits and events, group painting courses, language and writing courses etc. It is a perfect base for all types of holidays and activities and we will assist in organizing and catering when requested.
Getting to Chateau de Soules is very straightforward. It is less than 1 hour from Toulouse airport and close to other airports. It is 1 1/2 hours from Carcassonne and 2 hours from Bordeaux. Driving takes about 6 hours from Paris.
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18
- The Chateau has five beautiful large ensuite double bedrooms sleeping 10, but the bedrooms also have rooms for cots on request. The Main Gite has four large bedrooms, comprising of two ensuite double bedrooms, one double bedroom and a twin bedroom both with access to a large shower bathroom room and toilet. We do have a smaller Gite with its own separate entrance that can be rented. It has two connecting double bedrooms, a shower room with toilet and washbasin, a living room and fully equipped kitchen. You can connect between both Gites if you wish to rent the two together and increase the overall numbers to 22. Please inquire for further details. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 8 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
The Chateau has a breakfast dining room, a separate large attractive formal dining room and a terrace dining area. The Gites has kitchen dining area as well as a dining area table in the living room...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Living Room seats 8:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Game Room:
- DVD Player:
- Video Library:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Away From It All
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- The Chateau and Gites are approximately 25miles/40km directly south from Toulouse. We are on the edge of the Ariege the most southerly of France's departments, where the next stop south is the snow-topped mountains of the Pyrenees, Andorra and Spain. We are surrounded by rolling hills with many hilltop villages including are own local village of St Ybars. There are an abundance of places to visit, both historic and modern, artist towns and activity areas and local markets. All are within easy reach. We are in the Parish of St Ybars, but our local town is Lezat sur Leze. Lezat has a good size supermarket, Carrefour and a small market on Saturday morning. It has a number of bakers, a good butcher, ATM's, post office, bar, tobacconists and petrol station. We are lucky to have a number of good local restaurants, where you can try the local cuisine of the area. Close by, you can visit regular markets which take place on different days throughout the region - Auterive, Montbrun, St Girons, Mirepoix, Carbonne and many more. Visit the quiet artists hill top village of Carla-Bayle, busy with galleries and events in the summer. There are plenty of outdoor activities away from the Chateau - walking, hiking, rafting, horse riding, climbing, golf and an abundance of winter sports in the Pyrenees, such as skiing, snowboarding, etc. For the golfers we do have a very good course, which will test even the best of players, if you play, its well worth playing. The Chateau and Gites are a great base for activity breaks Toulouse is a lovely city and very close by. Aside from being a vibrant and busy city full of history it is a beautiful city to wander around. It has some great restaurants, bars and cafes. It is also a modern city, a centre of technology and aeronautics. Airbus is centred here and the space centre, 'Cite de L'Espace' you can visit. Toulouse loves its sport, as does the region. Rugby is very important in the whole region. Stade Toulousian, the city's famous rugby team, if playing, is well worth a visit. The Chateau is a great base for weekend matches. Cycling, too, is a French passion and our region annually plays host to the Tour de France. A fantastic event and a must see if you are here at the time. Lezat played host to the starting stage a few years ago, and its always close by in mid July. Again, the Chateau provides a great base for this event. The Pyrenees dominate the area and it takes little time to wind your way into them. Heading south via the castle town of Foix and ascend to Ax les Thermes and into the mountains. They are stunning and provide so much to do and see. Andorra, sits atop the mountains and you can slip into Spain if you wish. Close by, you also have the ancient castle city of Carcassonne. A stunning medieval castle, one of France's most visited sites. On route is Mirepoix, another medieval town, well worth a visit. On a Monday there is a large market. From Carcassonne you reach the Mediterranean coast in 30 minutes. North takes you to Narbonne, Montpellier, Nimes, Avignon and Marseilles. South takes you to Perpignan. A coastal drive takes you to the resorts of Collioure and Banyuls and then down into Spain and Barcelona. Heading west is the famous town of Lourdes. From there, via Pau, you reach the Atlantic, with towns such as Biarritz, Bayonne and the lovely coastal resort of St Jean de Luz well worth a visit or overnight stay. Heading south you reach San Sebastian in Spain, famous for its history, sea front resort and food. A great place for Tapas. The region has its fair share of wine areas. The Midi-Pyrenees best-known produce are the Cahors, Fronton, Gaillac, Madiran, Pacherenc and Saint-Mont wines. A short drive soon sees you in the Languedoc-Roussillon region, which is one the world biggest wine producing areas, with an abundance of great vineyards to visit....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Just got back from an amazing stay at this chateau and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Lee and Ed, the owners, could not have been more welcoming and were fantastic hosts.The chateau is charming and set amongt beautiful grounds with a wealth of facilities including tennis courts and an ample swimming pool. The house itself was spotless and tastefully decorated to a very high spec. Toulouse and Carcasonne less than an hour away are a must see and the villages nearby were full of charm and character. We had a wonderful stay and can't wait to go again!
- Guest Anniebobannie (Cambridge)
- Date of stay 04/11/13
- Review Submitted 04/16/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
Owner response: Dear Anne, It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay at Chateau de Soules. We enjoyed your company and recommending various places for you to visit in our wonderful area. We were happy you got a chance to see them all in the sunshine!! Kind Regards Lee and Eddie
Chateau and Gites together July/Aug/Xmas/New Year £4500/week Other times £3800 Chateau Rental July/Aug/Xmas/New Year £3500/week Other times £3000 Gites Rental July/Aug/Xmas/New Year £1600/week Other times £1350 A security deposit £1000/Chateau and £500/Gites in advance, refunded on departure Any damage/breakages will be taken from the security deposit Linen & towels: Included in rental price - Energy costs: Included in rental price End of stay cleaning: Included - any extra cleaning will be taken from deposit Please contact us for all prices and details
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: TOULOUSE at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: E80/A64 at 12 Miles
- Nearest Beach: MEDITERRANEAN at 110 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: LEZAT SUR LEZE at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: AX LES THERME at 50 Miles
- Nearest Golf: GOLF CLUB DE L'ARIEGE at 25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: LE PERISSE, ST YBARS at St Ybars
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, November 29, 2013