Beachfront Condominium Facing the Caribbean Bay of Santa Marta
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Santa Marta condo description
This is an oceanfront property with breathtaking views of the bay of Santa Marta and the Sierra Nevada mountains. This is a four bedroom apartment with four full baths and one half bathroom. The master bedroom has incredible views of the ocean and the Sierra Nevada mountains. There is a full balcony where you can take in the gorgeous sunsets, nap in a hammock, and accompany the beautiful Caribbean scenery with a cocktail! There is a pool where you can get your exercise in, take long walks or runs on the beach, walk to the historical center of Santa Marta. Local restaurants are in walking distance or a short cab ride away. Parque Tayrona National Park is about 45 min. away and the beauty will blow you away. The walk to the beaches through the tropical forest is magical! This park is especially unique because the mountains which frame the coastline are the highest near a coast. You will not want to miss an excursion to the park. If a little altitude is more your thing, not to worry Minca is also about a 30 min. drive up to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. The climate is perfect if you are looking for a little refuge from the heat. Santa Marta is a jewel and you will be taken aback by all the wonderful sightseeing!
- 270 m²
- Elevator : 13
- On floor 6
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 8
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Car Not Necessary
- Beach View
- Water Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Eco Tourism
- Botanical Garden
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- The following is a list of nearby attractions: Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino: Built in the 17th century, was the last home of Simon Bolivar, today it is a house/museum in his honor. Port of Santa Marta one of Colombia's most important maritime ports. The Cathedral: it is a national monument built in 1766, it held the remains of Simon Bolivar until 1842. Santa Marta's Cathedral La Casa de la Aduana (Customs House): it is the oldest house of America, built in 1530. Today it is the Tayrona Museum. Madame Agustine House: a jewel of colonial architecture. San Fernando Fort: built by Spanish conquerors to protect the city from the pirates, it is a fine sample of colonial military architecture. Tayrona National Natural Park: located 34 km north of Santa Marta, it is the most important ecological reserve in Colombia. It has camping zones, virgin beaches and tropical forest. The park also has its own archeological site, Pueblito (also known as Cahirama); it is one of the 200 pre-Columbian cities discovered near Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. Quebrada Valencia: a majestic waterfall emerging in the middle of the rain forest. Taganga: an authentic fishing town, a popular destination for scuba diving, with beautiful beaches nearby. The Mamancana Natural Reserve: a wildlife reserve and a venue for practising extreme sports such as paragliding, downhill, rock climbing, and canopying. Rodadero Sea Aquarium and Museum: an aquarium with a small dolphin and sea-lion show. Aracataca: an hour and a half south of Santa Marta one can find the birthplace of Garcia Marquez which is also the prime matter of his large legacy of writings including; One Hundred Years of Solitude. Places to visit include his birth house turned museum and several monuments to characters from his 'imaginary town' Macondo. Santa Marta is wonderful place to slow down, enjoy the beautiful landscape and enjoy beautiful sunsets from the property! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Tres amigas Colombia
Tres amigas Colombia
• Estuve 7 días con dos amigas y me pareció maravillosa la privacidad que tuvimos cada una con su propio cuarto y baño independiente así como una amplia zona común es decir sala, comedor y terraza. Gozamos de los anocheceres en la terraza con una maravillosa vista de la bahía y una copa de buen vino. Algo que me impresionó fue la disponibilidad de elementos básicos de cocina, tipo sal, pimienta, y aceite entre otros, cosa algo inusual en este tipo de apartamentos. Adicionalmente la posibilidad de comunicarse fácilmente con la propietaria del inmueble fue un factor muy positivo durante la estancia.
- Guest Loredana (Colombia)
- Date of stay 03/05/13
- Review Submitted 11/04/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with young children, tourists without a car.
I spent 6 days in this condo with my husband, my son and his family (wife and 1 child) and I can say without any doubt it was absolutely perfect. Everything was as beautiful as the pictures and the location very convenient, in front of the sea and close to Santa Marta's main attractions. The owner was always at hand through the phone and the janitors at the condo always willing to help with information or whatever was needed. The apartment was beautifully furnished and well kept, I have no doubt I will return soon.
- Guest Margi (Barranquilla, Colombia)
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 09/23/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, people with disabilities, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Amazing, LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!!! To start the owner was so easy to work with and made the process of renting this apartment so easy. We arrived in Santa Marta tired and ready to relax in comfort and this beach front property was the perfect remedy. Santa Marta is the perfect port for exploring this beautiful part of the world and this property was the perfect part of Santa Marta, minutes from downtown and literally on the beach. The sunsets over the Caribbean from the balcony in the evenings made us want to run back to sit and relax with a cocktail. The apartment itself was outstanding, clean, modern and beautifully decorated. The pool downstairs was an extra bonus we actually didn't know was there. I highly recommend staying here if your looking for a wonderful experience in Santa Marta and thank you to the owner for making their home available to us. I will definitely be back!
- Guest Michael (Sydney Australia)
- Date of stay 09/16/12
- Review Submitted 09/16/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, people with disabilities, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
What an amazing apartment!! Beautifully furnished and right on the beach with an excellent view. Just outside the historic city of Santa Marta, Colombia, but close enough to everything you need on your vacation. The owners were very accomodating in helping me research a country I had never been to as well as making the transfer of keys and instructions very easy. I had an amazing time with my family.
- Guest SAT (Houston,TX)
- Date of stay 10/12/12
- Review Submitted 09/16/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, tourists without a car.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Dec 15 - Jan 16
2 night min stay
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Santa Marta at 25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: A walk outside the building at Santa Marta
- Nearest Restaurant: Across the street from the building at Santa Marta
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: I am a native of Santa Marta but left as a child and have spent the majority of my adult life in the States. I always longed to go back to Santa Marta when I retired and in 2004 I was able to make that dream possible when I purchased this condo while it was under construction. Therefore I took part in the design while it was being built. It has been my second home and I take pride in it's care.
Why the Owner Chose Santa Marta:
This is a spacious condo which looks out over the bay of Santa Marta. All bedrooms have views of the ocean and/or mountains. It is on the sixth floor and there is only one unit per floor of this 13 floor building.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
This is a beautiful condo where you can relax, take in the breathtaking views, walk to the center of town, walk along the beach. The natural wonders of Santa Marta are all within an hours drive. You will be seduce by the landscape and people of the this enchanting region.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
living room, view from den
living room, den, entrance
Master bedroom view of the ocean
2nd bedroom, bath
living room + dining area
dining area, living room, den
dining room, ocean view
Master bedroom, view of the Sierras
2nd Bedroom, facing the Sierra Mountains
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 08, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.