Cozy 1000 Sq. Ft. 2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Arnold cabin description
Newly remodeled living room and kitchen. Gas burning fireplace. Large deck with built in seating. Gas BBQ. Cable TV,Wi-Fi,DVD,CD, ipod docking station.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- one bathroom on first floor; Toilet, Sink & Shower only
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room seats 7:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Video Games:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Whitewater Rafting
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Camp Connell is nestled in the pines of the Sierra Nevada Mountains @ 5000 FT. elevation. This is an ideal location as you can easily access both the high country and the foothills. Snow Skiing, Boarding and Snowmobiling at Bear Valley is just 19 miles up the mountain. The Camp Connell Store where you can find groceries, supplies as well as a beer / wine bar & live music in the summer months, is within walking distance. Big Trees State Park with its giant sequoia trees is 3 miles from the cabin. Several restaurants, a Brew Pub can be found in Arnold just 6 miles away. Just 18 miles down the road is the beautiful gold mining town of Murphys with its great restaurants, wineries, live music, concerts, zip line and cave tours. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The cabin was perfect for 3 hunters. We where able to relax and cook. They don't get many sports channels, but it was fine. For the price I highly recommend the cabin. Owners are real nice as well.
- Guest Monte M.
- Date of stay 10/18/13
- Review Submitted 10/23/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers.
Great Place To Get Away!!!!
Great Place To Get Away!!!!
My family really enjoyed this quiet cabin in the woods. Our stay was during Labor Day weekend. Everything you need is already there just bring your food, Arnold store has a great deli with a variety to select from. This was a great alternative to a motel. Having a kitchen and bbq was an A+. A few drinks on the deck enjoying the quiet was a highlight. (Very Peaceful). The cabin is very clean with all the amenities of home. The Wifi worked great, cable TV, and sterio. Our teens even felt @ home with all the amenities. Our family plans to make this our new Labor Day get away!!!!!
- Guest Missy (Stockton CA)
- Date of stay 08/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/24/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
nice time in the woods
nice time in the woods
- cozy/clean and a real cabin in the woods - description and photos on web are very accurate - two rooms upstairs do not have doors, but are at either side of stairs (sufficient privacy) - quiet and nearly at the end of a long, unpaved road off Hwy 4 - had some fun with nearby patches of snow even though snowfall had been minimal in past weeks; plenty of snow just up the highway - great to have a kitchen and eat in - a perfect alternative to having a few motel rooms for a fun little family gathering - probably best for kids at an age capable of climbing stairs (or babies) - quiet roads to walk on around the cabin (not paved, so feels like a nice trail) - buy groceries in Arnold or a few things at Camp Connell store - got a SnoPark pass at a sports store in Arnold - responsive property owners - heating worked well (nice heater/stove in living room) - bringing your own towels, sheets (or sleeping bags) and pillows isn't too hard and I imagine it keeps the cleaning fee lower than average - little kids enjoyed eating at the small coffee table - wifi worked great and allowed us to text and email since AT&T cell phone service doesn't reach the cabin (at least when we were there) - a great time had on our little family/cousins snow weekend; maybe we'll try summertime next!
- Guest Heidi (Bay Area, CA)
- Date of stay 02/16/13
- Review Submitted 03/05/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Owner response: IMPROVEMENTS / UPDATE: We just added 2 locking doors to both bedrooms upstairs for better privacy and quiet. In addition to the "WiFi" that works great for Texting & Emailing (plus Internet) as noted, a land-line TELEPHONE remains available for guest use, since some cell-phone carriers don't work there. The land-line phone allows domestic calls within USA, Canada & Puerto Rico. (Sorry, no International calling allowed).
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Payment method: Paypal, money order or check. Payment in full one week prior to stay.
- Cleaning fee: $100
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 4 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Camp Connell/Beer & Wine at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Bear Valley at 19 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Arnold at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Arnold at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: The cabin is owned by business partners who have been friends for over 20 years. This cabin has been a great retreat for both families, since we also own & run a school construction inspection company started in 1997. Partner Randy grew up in Merced CA, and Partner Brett has lived in the CA Valley over 21 years, originally growing up in Marseilles IL. We also own and rent a home in San Felipe Mexico on the Sea Of Cortez; another awesome escape in a quiet fishing village; a homey friendly place with as much adventure & fun as you like, too.
Why the Owner Chose Arnold:
The property is centrally located near both Mountain and Foot Hill activities such as snow skiing and wine tasting. It is easily accessed from Hwy 4 amongst beautiful pines and is an extremely peaceful location. It's a true cabin not just a house in the forest. Very quiet location with peaceful nature sounds galore.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
A true retreat from your fast paced lifestyle. A cozy cabin feel with a gas fireplace in the living room. A large deck with built in seating is perfect for your summer BBQ or just a glass of local wine.
- Primary: +1 (209) 595-2020 Ask for Brett
- Secondary: +1 (209) 595-1966 Ask for Randy
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Snow @ the cabin
Dining Area & Stairs
.Rafting near Big Trees Park
.Murphys Wine Region 18 Mi from the cabin
.Bear Valley 19 MI from the cabin
.Zip line and cave tours @ Moaning Caverns 23 miles from the cabin
.Big Trees Park 3 miles from cabin
.Wine Cave Murphys
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.