Lake Tahoe Luxury and Elegance: Create Your Family Memories Today...
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tahoe Vista house description
You will discover this special home nestled in the towering pines of Tahoe Vista, known as the sun belt of the north shore of Lake Tahoe. Enjoy filtered lake views and plenty of sunshine and snow in this peaceful lake setting.
Bedroom #1 Upper Level: King
Bedroom #2 Lower Level: Queen
Bedroom #3 Lower Level: Double, 3 Twins
• 2500 Square Feet- 2 levels
• Filtered Lake Views
• Gas BBQ on Large Upper Deck
• Lower patio with natural stone and Adirondack chairs, loungers (in the summer)
• Oversized Garage to fit 2 cars
• Gas Fireplace in Great Room
• Professional Interior Design with Upscale Furniture, Art and Bedding
• Jacuzzi in Master Bath
• 46' Flat Screen TV/DVD/VCR/Music System in Living Room and family room
• Dining Seating for 10 - Seating for 5 at Bar, outdoor teak table seats 8 (in summer)
• Living Room: Flat Screen TV/DVD, Gas Fireplace, Open Floor Plan, Hardwood Floors, Stereo System
• Kitchen: Kitchen Aid Appliances, Granite Counters
• High Speed Internet Access
• Beach access at east side of Tahoe Sands resort
• No Pets
This wonderful mountain home is ideally located just minutes from Tahoe City and Kings Beach and several major ski resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Homewood and Diamond Peak. Designer furnishings and finishes are used throughout to create a cozy, casual elegance. Tastefully decorated with local artist’s works and other treasures from around the world. There are three bedrooms and all are well appointed with premium furnishings and linens including down comforters on each bed. The great room is perfect for a big family and has a high end, Napa Style large leather chair for reading a great book or watching the games on the big screen. The great room is large and open with ample seating, and the dining table accommodates 10. Enjoy the warmth and fire of the gas fireplace while you dine. There is a sunny deck that provides filtered views of the lake and has seating at the teak table for 6. The backyard is in it’s natural forest state, with a wonderful stone patio with lovely outdoor Adirondack style teak furniture (in the summer) to relax and enjoy this very peaceful setting. Also outside in the back patio area is a hammock perfectly situated beneath the trees providing the opportunity to relax, read or just have some quiet time. The kitchen is fully equipped to host Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner or celebrate the fourth of July with extended family. This home is truly ideal for year-round fun and relaxation! All during your stay you will be making memories of your special time at Lake Tahoe.
Lake Tahoe offers a great variety of activities from skiing, snow shoeing, snow-mobiling in winter at all the major resorts to hiking, biking, swimming, paddle boarding, boating and other summer activities including classical and popular music festivals.
This well-maintained and spectacular home features great room three bedrooms and a family room, two full baths, a half bath, great room, family room and roomy kitchen. On the main level, you will find the large great room with gas stove, roomy kitchen with modern appliances, the large outdoor deck, the half bath and the master bedroom . The master bedroom (Room #1) is upstairs featuring scenic filtered lake views, along with the half bath, kitchen and great room, large deck. Downstairs you will find the other two bedrooms, family room and generous size bath: Room #2 has a queen-size bed; Room #3 has two sets of bunk beds with one full size/twin, twin/twin beds. The bathrooms are all tile, the kitchen has granite counter tops and top quality appliances. There is a very comfortable (no springs, Macy’s highest end) queen-size sofa-sleeper in the family room to provide added sleeping space.
We provide plastic sleds to use at the nearby sled hill within walking distance at the Regional Park located just up the hill from the home. In the summer these trails are great for running and biking. In the winter, these trails are great for snow shoeing, skate skiing or cross country skiing. All trails are marked.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Nicely appointed with Restoration Hardware rugs and towels.
Kitchen & Dining
Very large and spacious, with several necessary items - good knives, serving trays & platters, beautiful dishes, cuisinart food processor, 5 burner gas cooktop, all items to make Thanksgiving dinner....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Living Room seats 10
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Tubing
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Paddle Boating
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Lake Tahoe offers a great variety of activities from skiing, snow shoeing, snow-mobiling in winter at all the major resorts to hiking, biking, swimming, paddle boarding, boating and other summer activities including classical and popular music festivals. Winter Events and Activities 2012/2013 • World Class Downhill Skiing/Snowboarding: Squaw Valley USA, Alpine Meadows, Homewood Resort and Diamond Peak and are each within a 15 minute scenic drive and offer over 7000 combined acres of skiable terrain, 51 lifts, and 334 trails. Come and experience over 300 days of California Sunshine in America's favorite Playground. • Tahoe City Cross Country Center: Just 5 miles from our home on Dollar Hill, the Nordic center offers 65 kilometers of free heel skiing and snowshoeing on 19 machine groomed trails including 8 kilometers open to dogs! Enjoy forest, meadow, and lake views before you have a rest at one of trailside warming huts where you can enjoy complimentary hot chocolate or tea. • The Village at World Renowned Squaw Valley USA: The Village is centered around an outdoor Events Plaza, and offers outdoor fire pits, a Bungee Trampoline, and an Aerial Tram to High Camp for ice skating at 8200 feet. The Village is home to multiple & varied Restaurants, Galleries, Boutique shopping, Winemaker Events at Uncorked, Spa Services, Demo Centers, Kids Activities, and finally Sleigh Rides and Dog Sledding in Squaw Valley meadow. • Snowshoeing and Sledding: There is a fabulous sled hill at the regional park just up the road, accessible via trails. Sleds are provided. These same trails offer snoe-shoeing. • Snowmobiling: Take in views along the Lake Tahoe ridgeline with North Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours. • Cinema at Brockway: Showing today's Hollywood Hits every evening. • Shopping options:Downtown Tahoe City is home to a myriad of boutique shopping options including one of a kind Clothing Stores, Galleries, Jewelers, Sports Outfitters and Gourmet Provisioners. Truckee is a historic town just 15 minutes away and is filled with cool shops. • Dining: A diverse spectrum of dining options awaits the practiced Gourmand; American Favorites, Mountain Haute Cuisine emphasizing local and sustainable sustenance, and intimate Cafe options are all available in Tahoe City, locally and in Truckee. Summer Events and Activities: • Tahoe City Events: Free Sunday Concerts on the Beach 4:00-7:00, Thursday Farmers' Market, Wildlife Wednesdays on the Beach, Shopping, Restaurants, Small Movie Theater, Gatekeepers' Museum, Fanny Bridge, Rafting Along the Truckee River, Sailing, Lake Cruises, Paddleboarding, Kayaking, Waterskiing, zip lining at Granlibakken • Biking: Ride Along Hwy 89 to Access the Paved Bike Bath into Tahoe City Along the Gorgeous Truckee River While Watching the River Rafters Float By or Head Up the West Shore to One of the Lovely Beaches • Alpine Meadows: Horse Stables offer a variety of options for trail riding through the Granite Chief Wilderness; Hike the Five Lakes Trail - a moderately challenging 4 mile round trip hike along the back side of KT 22 along a wall of exposed granite and volcanic rock. Once you get to the top, you are rewarded with multiple lakes and scenic views • World Renowned Squaw Valley USA: Aerial Tram to High Camp for Rollerskating, Mountain Biking, Hiking (full moon tours), Disc Golf, Paintball, Swimming, Tennis, Entertainment. Base Camp Offers a Ropes Course, Sky Jump, Climbing Wall Village at Squaw: Mini-Golf, Multiple & Varied Restaurants, Shopping, Kids Activities, Spa Services, Summer Movie Series Every Thursday @ 8:30 pm, Winemaker Events at Uncorked, Bluesdays: July & August evenings 6:00-8:30 pm - an exceptional lineup of notable blues performers plus great deals on food & activities; Squaw Valley USA Events: Fine Arts & Crafts Festival June 30th-July 1st; Independence Week Celebration June 30th-July 8th; Art, Wine & Music Fest July 14th-15th; Wanderlust Festival July 26th-29th; Brews, Jazz & Funk August 11th-12th; Labor Day Sales & Alpen Wine Fest Sept. 2nd • Golfing: 9 Hole Course in Tahoe City & Kings Beach, 18 Hole Championship Courses in Squaw Valley, Tahoe Donner, Incline Village & Northstar • Northstar Events: 5th Annual Beerfest & Bluegrass Festival July 14th; Tahoe Trail 100k Leadville Qualifier July 22nd...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Best Vacation Ever
Best Vacation Ever
We have rented several homes through VRBO, this was by far the best experience we've had. From the moment I contacted Carolyn for information on the home, she has been quick to communicate with advice and information. This continued for the whole rental process. She is a gem. Her suggestions for restaurants, activities, even what to pack, how to get to the house, (even helping my Mom find the best place to buy a carved bear) were spot on and such a huge help, as we are from Texas and have never been to Lake Tahoe before. The house was exactly as pictured, beautiful. It was perfect for our family of two boys (ages 8, 10), myself and my husband and my parents. There are two bedrooms and a living area downstairs. This worked out great for my parents, so they could have a place to go for some quiet time in the evenings. Furnishings, decor, amenities in the home were all top notch and comfortable. The kitchen is fully stocked, we did do some cooking and nothing was lacking. There were even beach chairs in the garage. There is a wonderful back yard full of gorgeous trees where my boys spent hours building forts and such (which is fantastic for a couple of nature-starved suburban kids). We spent a few evenings drinking wine out there, watching the kiddos. Mornings coffee out on the deck with views of the trees and a bit of the lake were so nice. The location of the home was perfect, easy drive to the lake, restaurants and activities. We took full advantage of Carolyn's restaurant recommendations. Highlights were: The Log Cabin Restaurant (very yummy breakfasts, we ate there twice, worth the wait), Sunnyside Restaurant and Garwoods for lakeside dining, Char Pit (great burgers), CB's Pizza (local joint, live band, old school video game arcade). There is a Safeway grocery store about 2 miles away in King's beach. Activity-wise, we did the Lake Tahoe hot air balloon ride (if a balloon ride is on your bucket list, do it here, it's very worth it. Fantastic group of guys and experience), Lake Tahoe Trout farm (a little rustic, but fun), definitely the Truckee River rafting trip. I think my favorite beach was S/and Harbour, just gorgeous. Kings Beach was a lot of fun too, spent the better part of a day there. We also rented a boat from Tahoe City Marina and toodled around the lake (we only had it for two hours, in hindsight, would rent it for longer). I highly recommend this home and can't wait to come back.
- Guest Vivian C. (Allen, Texas)
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 08/15/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, families with young children, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Sep 15 - Dec 14
3 night min stay
|Winter & Thanksgiving
Dec 15 - Apr 14
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Apr 15 - Jun 14
3 night min stay
Jun 15 - Sep 14
3 night min stay
Dec 20 - Dec 26, 2013
7 night min stay
|New Year's 2013
Dec 27 - Jan 2, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Winter & Thanksgiving Dec 15 - Apr 15 $395/Night $2600/Week
Spring Apr 15 - Jun 15 $395/Night $2600/Week
Summer Jun 15 - Sep 15 $400/Night $2700/Week
Fall Sep 15 -Dec 15 $395/Night $2600/Week
Christmas $600/Night $4200/Week
New Years $700/Night $4200/Week
Presidents Week $525/Night $3150/Week
One week minimum for Summer, Christmas, and New Year’s.
Minimum stays may vary other times.
50% of total rental fee due upon booking. Booking will not be confirmed until fees are received. Remainder of rental fee due 2 weeks prior to arrival plus deposit and cleaning fee of $225. $400 deposit needed at time of booking.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Please note additional cleaning fee and occupancy tax apply.
Cleaning Fee: $225.00
Please understand, we are not in the buisness of callously charging security deposits. Accidents happen; always report damage ASAP. We will work with you to bring remedy to the situation as quickly as possible, often times compromising on the charge. Damage left unreported will be charged as will late check out.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Truckee Tahoe Airport at 8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 267 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Tahoe Vista at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Spindelshanks at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Northstar at 6 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Kings Beach Public Course at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Cedar Glen Lodge at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Based in San Jose, we get up to Tahoe as often as we can. We want to share our lovely home with others. It is ideal for families wanting to create special memories on their Lake Tahoe vacation. This photo is of our girls taking a stroll on the beach after walking from our home to the local ice cream shop.
- Primary: 408-839-2751 PST hours please
- Secondary: +1 415-254-7104 PST hours please
Links to more information:
The front of house, plenty of parking for two cars in garage and more on drive.
Backyard with forested view. Great to relax and watch the kids play for hours.
The Great Room, with lots of filtered lake views, art and cozy seating.
The Kitchen with a great gathering island with seating for 5+ with extra stool.
The upper deck off the great room. Filtered views of the lake.
Master Bedroom. Spacious and cozy with filtered lake views.
Bedroom 2. Queen on lower level with views to back patio and forested area.
Bedroom 3. One Full, Three Twins with filtered views to lake and front yard.
The front yard, a great place for kids to play.
The Great Room with lots of cozy seating to watch a movie, play a game or read.
Family style dining on this antique farm table. Seats 10 with nice views.
The Kitchen, appointed well with all the tools needed by a chef or cook!
Master Bedroom, lots of light and cozy, great touchdown desk with lake views.
Master Bathroom, double sinks, jacuzzi tub on other side.
Bathrom 2 serving Bedroom 2 and 3 and family room downstairs.
Family room, awesome for kids to hang out, play games or watch a movie.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 08, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.