Salinas Ecuador Ocean Front Santa Elena Province
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-30 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Salinas condo description
2 blocks from Hotel Barcelo-Miramar where they charge $300 per night. Overlooking the tranquil bay of Salinas and the Pacific Ocean. During the season, you can catch a glimpse of whales and do a bit of whale watching from the balcony during season. See some blue footed boobies like in the Galápagos Islands in nearby Ancon. Wireless Internet in La Siesta.
3 bedrooms with 2013 newly installed AC and 3 baths. One bath in the Master and the other two are located in the hallway. One at the end of the hallway and one adjacent to the kitchen. Washer and a gas dryer in kitchen area. 1350 square feet. + open air garage behind gates. The kitchen/dining/bar and great room are all connected so that all activities in this area has an ocean front view.
Activities include watercraft rental, fishing tours at 'Pesca Tours' (we can help arrange this for you if you speak no Spanish), whale watching, or just enjoy the beach, we have it all. We are situated on a large shallow bay, but twelve miles from shore the water is 19,877 feet deep. See this Wiki quote, 'Salinas is the most well known bill fishing location and seasonally offers good fishing for large striped marlin as well as blue marlin and other gamefish such as big eye tuna. The other popular Blue Marlin destination in the country is Manta which is usually in season when Salinas is not. A large fleet of sport fishing vessels operates out of both towns. Blues in this area are known to reach large sizes, with the most notable capture being a 1,014 lb fish boated by local angler Jorge Jurado which formerly held the IGFA 80 lb class record. '
A few minutes walk on the Malecon and several others on street in the back. One of our favorite restaurants is the Mar Azul which is on the same street as the back of the Hotel Barcelo Miramar, a couple of blocks down toward the ice cream shop known as 'Pingueno.'
Across the road the water is warm and the waves are gentle, so your children can play in the water while you watch from your rented beach chair and umbrella. You can purchase ice cream, sandwiches, coconuts, or a bottle of beer from beach vendors that cater to your every need. I love this place!
The Salinas Market is a few blocks away and restaurants, and shops are up and down the Malecon where we are located. Soups here are $1 and talk about fresh fried fish! The word for market in Spanish is 'Mercado,' Just ask anyone where it is located. 'Donde esta el Mercado por favor?' Where is the market please?
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Elevator : 2 Elevators in the building
- On floor 6
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
- Master Front Bedroom has full bath inside the bedroom and is front of the ocean so you can read while watching the seagulls fly by or the ocean activities outside your window. Sometimes see whales while reading in bed. Galapagos like natural warm water pools in rock formations nearby in front of condo perfect for relaxing....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 6
- Towels Provided
- The staff (for a few dollars tip) can get you food, alcohol, bottled water, gas for cooking/clothes dryer or anything needed during your stay at La Siesta. Do not over tip. Or if you speak no Spanish, just let us know what you want and we will talk to them for you. $1-$2 dollar tip is usual and the parking lot is behind a locked gate, however no car is necessary here. Taxi, bus service is sufficient for your needs. The condo has a 24-hour guard for your security. ...moreless
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Whale Watching
- Recreation Center
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Located on the coast of Ecuador just 1 hour and 20 min from the Guayaquil Mariscal Sucre International Airport. Salinas is the number one beach area of Ecuador. Shopping and movies just 10 minutes away from the apartment in La Siesta. Whale watching when in season. Some wrongly label Salinas “little Miami.' Except for the sun, sand and surf, Salinas is really nothing like Miami. Shallow pools of clean sun warmed ocean water await you in the rock pools in front of La Siesta. Perfect for floating with closed eyes and drift away in a peaceful trance surrounded by the sounds of the splashing waves and seagulls overhead. During high season, which is from December to March, the beaches of Salinas are very active. Vendors sell everything from ice cream to Sunglasses and shark-tooth earrings to shrimp on a stick, hot off the grill. The low season is from mid-May to December 15 or so. If you want fewer people at the beach with you, then this is the time to go to Salinas, Ecuador’s most popular Pacific Coast beach resort. Salinas is THE Ecuadoreans 'vacation destination.' Salinas has long been a vacation home destination for Ecuadoreans. Glittering high-rise condos line the beach road. Fashionable seafood restaurants and trendy clubs come alive at night. (even in slow season, the nighttime streets are thronged with young people out to see and be seen.) Check out this link for black marlin: http://www.cyberangler.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=34090&size=big&cat=504&ppuser=5122 Unlike Miami, though, Salinas Ecuador is a relatively small town. The beach is divided almost perfectly in half by a jetty where you’ll find the docks of the Salinas Yacht Club. The sandy half-moon bay on the North side, where the abundance of action takes place, is Salinas beach. To the south is San Lorenzo Beach where La Siesta is located. It is quieter and more family oriented. As you’d expect, most of the activities here center around watersports: game fishing, whale watching, wake-boarding, water skiing, yachting, sky diving, parasailing, and surfing—the Quiksilver ISA World Junior Surfing Championship was held here this past Spring. Despite the flurry of activity that is Salinas, though, it may be one of the world’s least-expensive beach resorts. A steak or seafood dinner in one of those trendy restaurants. Or chow down on fish or shrimp, cooked any way you like, at the local 'mercado'—more than you can eat. See the photo of the fruit in market...really nice. 'La Siesta' is located about 5-6 blocks from the new market which is located to the west of the condo 'La Siesta.' 'La Siesta' has 6 full time employees to help you with your luggage and with anything that you might need. Alternating shifts, 2 are on duty 24/7. Rest easy things are secure up in 'La Siesta.' Call us in the USA at 205-275-5005 or 205-275-9413 with any questions you may have about 'La Siesta,' Ecuador or Salinas. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Loved the Views and access to the beach
Loved the Views and access to the beach
We arrived in Salinas mid afternoon on July 4th. Just a couple of wrong turns and we found the Condo bldg. We were met by a very friendly caretaker who helped us with our bags and showed us where to park in the gated area. The unit is on the 5th floor and the open concept living/dining room sliding doors open completely so the views and sounds of the ocean are wonderful. Access to the beach is just an elevator and short walk and then you have miles to discover. The unit is spacious, comfortable and fairly modern. It is located in a great area walking to distance to many restaurants, bars and the beach. We had a great time
- Guest Connie T.
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/24/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Owner response: All bedrooms have newly installed AC, new curtains, new LG Smart TV, newly painted throughout August 2013.
Great view, great condo.
Great view, great condo.
We arrived in salines thanks to the help of Ricky & Uliva. No habla Spanish no problem. The condo is in a fantastic location with a spectacular view of the beach. It is on the end of the malacon so when the town gets rocking, which it defiantly does on the weekends, it was quiet. We came down from Cuanca and were not used to the heat, but the ondo stayed cool. Thank you Ricky for making our stay so fantastic. I will highly recommend this place for anyone.
- Guest Gracie (Montana)
- Date of stay 01/07/13
- Review Submitted 01/18/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Good deal. Glad you all liked La Siesta. Salinas, Ecuador is a great place to get "tranquilo." We hope to have you guys back again. All bedrooms have newly installed AC, new curtains, new LG Smart TV, newly painted throughout August 2013.
Salinas StayGuest comment entered by owner
Everything was just as presented on the website. Salinas is beautiful and this condo is great....right in front of the Pacific! Owners were very accomodating AND EVEN though we do not speak Spanish, they got us from the Guayaquil International airport to the door of La Siesta Condo in a nice van. Great, we will be coming back as soon as we can with all our friends.All bedrooms have newly installed AC, new curtains, new LG Smart TV, newly painted throughout August 2013.
- Guest Jim
- Date of stay 12/20/12
- Review Submitted 12/29/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
30 night min stay
Nov 1 - Dec 15
7 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $90 Nightly
Dec 16 - Dec 30
7 night min stay
Discounts: 15 nights or more: $119 Nightly
Dec 31 - Jan 6
7 night min stay
Jan 7 - Feb 9
3 night min stay
Discounts: 4 nights or more: $95 Nightly; 5 nights or more: $95 Nightly
Feb 10 - Feb 28
4 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $129 Nightly; 19 nights or more: $119 Nightly
Jun 1 - Oct 31
7 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $59 Nightly; 9 nights or more: $57 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
$300 Security Deposit; $500 Security Deposit during Holiday Season.
Email or call to discuss arrival and other questions you may have about travel to Ecuador. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call my cell in the USA 205-275-5005 or 205-275-9413.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Guayaquil Mariscal Sucre at 90 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Lot and lots of them at 0.01 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Salinas Country Club at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Owned by an American/Ecuadorean family who reside in both the USA and Ecuador. Condo is right on the beach. Fully furnished just like a condo in the United States. Bring your own beach towels. All the amenities plus help from the staff at the condo.
Why the Owner Chose Salinas:
The apartment is located on the 6th floor of La Siesta, an oceanfront condo in the exclusive San Lorenzo section of Salinas in the Province of Santa Elena. Very near Hotel Barcelo, about 2-3 blocks. Great view of the bay, the yacht club and the ocean going vessels moored in La Libertad. 3 bedrooms can accommodate 6 people in beds. If you have an auto, there is parking in our garage. If not, one can easily get around in taxis and buses. We also have a storage room that is complete with 'sunbrellas' and a tent to guard you from the very strong direct sunlight. The 'guardians' or on duty helpers on the main floor will put the tent up for you on the beach and again store it in the storage room when you are done. --------------- El departamento esta localizado en el sexto piso del Condominio La siesta, en el Malecon y frente al Mar. A una altura primordial para contemplar la Bahia de Salinas, los arrecifes y las lagunitas de la Punta San Lorenzo en Salinas. El departamento consta - sala-comedor en un sólo ambiente completamente amoblado, cocina con toda clase de utensilios, lavandería con lavadora y secadora de ropa, 3 dormitorios en los que se pueden acomodar cómodamente 6 personas (2 cuartos con camas de 2 1/2 plazas y 2 cuartos con literas, uno par dos y el otro para tres personas, 2 Banos , garaje y bodega. Los dormitorios son con Aire/C bien frio. En la bodega tenemos parasoles, carpa y sillas para su deleite en la playa. Hable con los guardianes para que ellos acomoden en la playa carpa con sillas y luego la recojan.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Ocean front. Spacious. Updated kitchen. Granite tops and new gas stove. Natural warm bath pools of ocean water on the beach. When the tide goes out, it leaves the ocean water to warm in the equatorial sun leaving you with a still pool of clean, warm ocean water to bath in. The parking lot is behind a locked gate, however no car is necessary here. Taxi, bus service is sufficient for your needs. The condo has a 24-hour guard for your security. Deep-sea fishing, banana boat, water ski, paddle boats, and jet-ski rental is available directly down on the Malecon a few blocks away. This condo is not located away from all the action like others which are located in Ballenita, Ancon, San Pablo, Capae, and others up the Coast line. Ecuador is beautiful. The Salinas Market is one block towards the Hotel Barcelo and 6-7 blocks to the rear walking. The market has fresh seafood, fresh meats, fruits, vegetables, and inexpensive eaterys inside. Great fresh soups for $1 in the Market about 7 blocks back from the ocean. There is a gym in La Libertad which is about 10-15 minutes via taxi.
- Primary: (205) 275-5005
- Secondary: 205-221-5466 office 9-5 AM CST Mon-Fri
- Fax: 866-497-8606
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - View of Salinas from 14th Floor Condo
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from La Siesta Balcony On the Malecon or Boardwalk
View of Chipippi and looking West from the Balcony of La Siesta Salinas
Newly remodeled kitchen and bar
Master Bedroom view of Pacific on a cloudy day.
2nd read bedroom. Sleeps 3-4 here.
Master bath in master bedroom
Fruits in the market. Plenty of fresh food! Inexpensive
Ruta del Sol. Fishermen bringing in the catch of the day near Monte Verde.
Deep Sea Fishing. Weighing Marlin after the day fishing.
La Siesta from the beach looking back up at the building
Low Tide View from La Siesta
View from La Siesta Salinas. Ocean going vessels in port at La Libertad,Ecuador
Comfortable hammock in front of the Pacific in Salinas La Siesta Ecuador
Washer Dryer Fridge
Rear bedroom. Out the window here see the Pacific
Master Bedroom. Too bright for a good photo but it looks right out on the Bay.
Coastal scene up from Salinas. Province of Santa Elena. Ruta del Sol.
Artisan shop in Guayaquil.
View of the Bay in Salinas from a neighbors condo.
Beach in nearby Ballenita taken from Farallon Dillon. 15 minutes in taxi.
View from "Malecon" or Boardwalk
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.