You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:28 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Key Haven house description
Garden by the sea can sleep up to eight. The master bedroom has a queen size bed, each guest bedroom has a double bed, and the living room offers a pull out sofa. The master bathroom has a walk in shower and the guest bathroom offers a shower/bathtub.
The kitchen is newly remodeled and offers stainless steel kenmore appliances, gorgeous brazialian esmeralda green granite, and hickory cabinetry. A large dining table comfortably seats eight.
A front porch with a hatteras porch swing and a back screened in porch with a large eucalyptus sofa, teak rocking chair, and wicker chairs offer additional seating areas. Teak adirondack chairs and loveseat surrounding a fire pit offer more seating by the canal.
Two boat lifts, a kayak, a fish cleaning station, a hammock, an herb garden, and a vegetable garden offer many ways to enjoy the backyard canal area. The canal is teaming with snapper so backyard fishing is possible. The front yard is extremely shaded with a mahogany tree and two gumbo limbos. Areca palms line the white picket fence and offer privacy from the street. Off street parking is available and the driveway extends to the side kitchen door which makes the grocery haul in easy.
Garden by the sea is tranquil and offers a nice flow. The ocean can be viewed from the living room, kitchen, master bedroom, and back porch. Two doggie doors offer easy access to the fenced in yard for your beloved pet(s).
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Newly renovated kitchen with a deep stainless steel sink, Kenmore stainless steel appliances, hickory cabinetry and gorgeous green Brazilian granite. Bar with pendant lights for easy entertaining. ...moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Living Room seats 8:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Garden Chairs:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- This garden by the sea property is at the end of a quiet street in a peaceful neighborhood. It is on a deep canal and offers a kayak for exploring the nearby canals or open water. Bring your own boat and keep it on one of the two boat lifts. Lie in our hammock and read a book under the shady gumbo limbo. Nearby marinas offer deep sea fishing, diving, snorkeling, paddle boarding, dolphin encounters, sunset cruises or trips to explore the dry tortugas national park. Key west golf club is five minutes away as are several bars and restaurants. Our beloved ft. Zach state park, mallory square sunset celebration, local restaurants, art galleries, the key west aquarium, mel fisher treasure museum, shopping, sea plane adventures, live theater, and ghost tours are a mere taste of the offerings of key west. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
28 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Before paying please contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Please call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (check or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Cleaning fee is $150.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Key West International at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Key West Express at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 1 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Smathers Beach at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Hogfish Bar and Grill at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Key West Golf Club at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Chicos Cantina Mexican Restaurant at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: I am originally from Chapel Hill, NC and moved south in 1984 as I started college at the University of Florida. In 1990 I was offered a teaching job at Key West High School and am currently teaching chemistry there.
Why the Owner Chose Key Haven:
I purchased this home in 1993 as I was drawn to the quiet neighborhood, tucked away from the Key West craziness.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I fell in love with this home as it's at the end of the street so there's no traffic or noise. In addition, it sits at the beginning of a canal and offers clean, crystal clear seawater. We have many mangrove snapper in our canal, as well as other marine life. Occasionally in the winter, we're visited by manatee. It's a tranquil space to relax and rejuvenate.
- Primary: 305-587-4170
- Secondary: +1 305-296-9943
- Tertiary: 305-293-1549 54364
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Hatteras porchswing on front porch
dining room table
butterfly garden by canal
deep kitchen sink
Resident great egret on top of the shed
view of canal from back yard
front of house
Eucalyptus sofa, teak rocking chair, and wicker chairs on back porch
dishwasher and refrigerator
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013