New Listing! Luxurious, Modern Victorian Condo W/Panoramic Sf Views!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cole Valley condo description
This unique Cole Valley pied à terre has everything you need to make your stay in San Francisco both comfortable and convenient. Located on the most beautiful tree-lined street in Cole Valley, this completely renovated bi-level two bedroom, one bath unit encompasses the top floor in a quiet, three-story classic Victorian. This elegant living space is new to VRBO, and it is meticulously maintained by the owner. A smart, space-maximizing layout ensures comfort and privacy for two couples or one family (up to four adults, or two adults and three children). The first floor features a sunny and spacious hardwood hallway that joins a large eat-in kitchen with a spacious, furnished outdoor deck space, a queen-sized master bedroom, a full bath, and an elegant living room with a fireplace and an office nook. Upstairs, an airy, a-frame loft space boasts spectacular views from huge double sky-light windows. The loft can serve as a fully furnished sitting room, or can accommodate two adults in a brand-new queen-sized convertible bed. The length of the loft space can also accommodate an additional twin-sized aerobed. Luxurious details include new, one-thousand thread count sheets, down comforters and pillow top mattress pads, hypo-allergenic pillow covers, a HEPA air filter, a Brita water filter, and a fully-stocked kitchen with stylish dinnerware, plenty of wine glasses, modern stainless appliances, and a gas range.
Further amenities include high-speed wireless internet and cable television, a 37' flat-screen ROKU equipped LCD television in the living room, a 26' LCD TV in the master bedroom, with cable and a Bose wave radio in the kitchen.
The office nook has ample room for a laptop and papers (if you really do have to work!) and for a small fee we can make a laser printer available.
- On floor 3
- 1400 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Car Available
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Master bedroom features one-thousand thread count sheets, down duvet, pillow top mattress pad, hypo-allergenic pillow covers, HEPA filter, and two closets with ample storage. Loft bedroom features brand new, comfortable convertible bed with 350 thread count sheets, hypo-allergenic pillow covers, down mattress topper, pillow top mattress pad, and down comforter. Ample storage space for clothing and luggage. A new, twin-sized aerobed can be placed in semi-private space on opposite end of loft for extra sleeping quarters....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Dishes & Utensils:
2 sets of quality dinnerware from Pier One. 2 complete sets of stainless dinnerware. 20 wine glasses/stems. Crystal water glasses. Serving ware. Full range of cooking utensils and some baking utensils...moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Clothes Dryer:
- There is an office nook with space for a laptop and other work materials, complete with a comfortable office chair and work lamp. The on-street parking does require a parking pass, which makes parking availability much better. The cost for a parking pass is $45 for 2 weeks or less, $65 for 2-4 weeks, $80 for 4-6 weeks, and $100 for 6-8 weeks. Please let us know at least 3 weeks in advance so that we can purchase the pass from SFMTA. But remember, our flat is located one block from the N-Judah light rail line, which goes directly to AT&T ballpark, Market Street and the Embarcadero. It also connects directly to BART and CalTrain, allowing seamless transportation to SFO and most of the Bay. You don't need a car to get around when you stay here, and we prefer to use public transit since it's very clean and fast....moreless
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- It's no longer a local secret that Cole Valley has become one of San Francisco's most desirable neighborhoods. We had our choice of neighborhoods to buy in, and as soon as we found Cole Valley we knew we were home. There is simply no other neighborhood that combines the wonderful eclecticism of San Francisco with the kind of safe, neighborhood feeling that we wanted. Centrally located between Golden Gate Park and UCSF, the prestigious medical research and teaching hospital, Cole Valley boasts easy access to all major tourist destinations via public transportation, but is within walking distance of all basic amenities. Both GG Park and UCSF are within three blocks of our flat. Cole Valley is a unique San Francisco neighborhood with a sophisticated-yet-friendly local population of families, professionals, and 20 and 30-something hipsters. Even though you will want to take in all that San Francisco has to offer, you may find that Cole Valley's beautiful tree-lined streets, bustling cafes, gourmet food shops, and clothing boutiques are the most memorable part of your stay. After a flaky, freshly baked croissant and authentic cafe latte (served in a bowl) at La Boulange on Cole, you should plan your afternoon picnic at Golden Gate Park. Consider stopping by Say Cheese on for an unbelievable selection of gourmet cheeses and sandwiches, and if you forget anything, there's always Whole Foods directly across from the park entrance. On your way home you might want to try an old-fashioned cream soda at The Ice Cream Bar, where the soda jerks are serving up locally made, organic ice creams and artisinal sodas. After a massage and mani-pedi at Lavande, you might want to check out Grandeho's Kamekyo for some fantastic sushi. If you are looking for a fabulous Sunday brunch, cafe Zazie is always packed with a fun, fashionable crowd that turns up in droves for the famous French style egg dishes and sparkling mimosas. If you are considering a stay in Cole Valley, you won't be disappointed! It truly is the very best of San Francisco. If you want to get around SF or the Bay area, you'll be pleased to find that the N-Judah light rail line is located one block from our flat. This line goes directly to AT&T Park (Go Giants!), Ocean Beach, Union Square, Market Street, the Powell Street Cable Car line and the Embarcadero. It connects directly to BART and CalTrain, enabling seamless travel to SFO, Palo Alto, San Jose, Berkeley and Oakland most of the East Bay. And less than a block away from our flat is an SFMTA bus stop, allowing connections to every neighborhood in the city. We prefer to use public transit to get around the city, since SFMTA is clean and fast....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Everything You Need
Everything You Need
Our family of 5 enjoyed our stay at this beautifully decorated apartment. The location is great and we loved the view from the loft. Getting a parking pass is a good idea if you arrive by car. The neighborhood is quiet and has many great restaurants and shops within easy walking distance. The apartment is well maintained and very clean. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone wanting to stay in The City.
- Guest Gardenan (California)
- Date of stay 12/30/12
- Review Submitted 01/04/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Great Place to Stay
Great Place to Stay
This 2 bedroom apartment is located in an excellent area of San Francisco near Golden Gate Park. It was just the right size for our family of five and had all the amentities we needed and more. It is very conveniently located to public transportation, restaurants and shops. I would reccommend staying here to anyone who would like to visit San Francisco and is looking for a nice, safe place. We are planning on returning again, it is well worth the cost and we consider it a good value.
- Guest Pokey (Folsom, CA)
- Date of stay 12/27/12
- Review Submitted 12/31/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, sightseeing, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, families with young children, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $250 Nightly
|America's Cup, Hardly Strictly
Jul 3 - Oct 7
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Dec 21 - Jan 2
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed. Please understand that we are not a hotel and that advance payments allow us to make plans for our own use and create availability for other VRBO customers. Thank you for your cooperation.
A non-refundable deposit of 15% of the total is due within 7 days of initial booking. A further non-refundable deposit of 35% is due 45 days prior to your stay. The remaining 50% is due 21 days in advance of your stay and is non-refundable. We accept VISA and MC, cash, and personal checks. All checks must clear within one week of the respective deadlines. 2% surcharge for payment with VISA or MC.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
San Francisco requires that VRBO lessors charge a 14% occupancy tax and 8% sales tax. These will be added to your bill. Damage deposit is $500. Cleaning fee is $100 for light cleaning, $250 for heavy cleaning. Cleaning cost will be determined by the lessor. Weekly cleaning service is available for $100/wk. Services such as massage, cooking, & fitness coaching are available for an additional fee.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco International Airport at 15.6 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: San Francisco Ferry Building at 3.9 Miles
- Nearest Train: BART Civic Center at 2.4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 101 at 3.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Baker Beach at 2.6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Kezar Pub at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 190 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Presidio Golf Course at 1.9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Zazie at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Larry and Greta were educated at Stanford and Juilliard, and hold doctoral degrees in educational policy and music. As busy professionals who also teach, they divide their time between their home on the beach in Santa Cruz and their San Francisco pied à terre. Their interests include music, sports, travel, wine, and food.
Why the Owner Chose Cole Valley:
This Cole Valley pied à terre is a perfect urban living space that represents the best of what San Francisco has to offer. It's just enough space to be comfortable, yet is still easily maintained. The interior is colorful, sophisticated, and yet casual. The atmosphere is equally conducive to relaxing as it is to entertaining friends and family.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The kitchen is the heart of any home, and this property is unique in that the kitchen is very spacious. The adjacent back porch is large enough to entertain 6-8 adults. It offers fantastic views of the city, but is sheltered by an enormous legacy pine tree that gives the space a feeling of privacy and serenity. The undated interior of the unit is tasteful and sophisticated, and the beautifully converted loft-space adds versatility and expansiveness, making it comfortable for two adult couples.
- Primary: +1 (415) 465-4636 Please email first to make phone appointment.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
living room, front view
stairs up to loft space
credenza with orchids
hutch, pantry, fridge, and microwave
outdoor dining, side view
loft space, side view, with skylights
skylights at dusk
Luna on back deck
living room, side view, with stairs up to loft space
master bedroom entry
master bedroom entertainment unit
outdoor dining with magnificent old pine tree
loft space as sitting area
loft space made up as bedroom with queen-sized convertible bed
views of St. Ignatius from loft
bathroom sink area
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013