Charming Country Retrait with Pool
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Gubbio hotel description
Borgo di Carpiano is located at only 12 Km from the medieval town of Gubbio and 20 km from Perugia airport. The property consists of different cut stone buildings leading down to the infinity salt water pool and garden overlooking a pristine valley of secular olive trees and lush woods.
The former church has been restored and converted into a unique library and drawing room, respecting the historic architecture and preserving the original frescoes.
This small hamlet is an ideal location to visit the historical towns of Umbria such as Assisi, Spello, Bevagna, montefalco, Todi, Città di Castello and Trasimeno Lake.
It is not a hotel, it is not a Relais, it is not a farm holidays ... it is Borgo di Carpiano!
A country retreat bringing you back to the rhythms of a forgotten past...
Comfortable beds and the scent of lavender to induce a peaceful sleep...
Close your eyes...imagine an evening concert of cicadas and the shining moon reflected in a pond with frogs coming out from the water to greet you.
Wake in the morning to the kiss of the sun and embraced by nature in the quietness of green Umbria ... enjoy being surrounded by oaks, lime trees, and ancient olive trees, whose incredible colours alternate themselves throughout the seasons.
Become accustomed to the silence...
Private bathroom for each room
- Chateau / Country House
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24, Beds for 18-24
Bathrooms: 9 Bathrooms
- Bathroom with shower, towels, bathrobe, hair-dryer, courtesy set
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room seats 20
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- The ancient castle of Carpiano dates back to the beginning of the X century, when it belonged to Rovaldo Baldassini, father of Sant'Ubaldo, patron saint of the town of Gubbio. In the XVII century the property was left to the Curia of Gubbio that built a church dedicated to San Biagio and Santa Liberata. The church was in use until the property was abandoned, owing to a decline in the population of the area. In 2001 Riccardo & Marilisa Parisi discovered the old hamlet and immediately fell in love with that 'pile of rocks' dreaming to bring life back at the Borgo. The restoration took many years of devotion and was carried out using original materials and preserving the character of the place. Most of the furniture, paintings, china and silver are from the owners family collection....moreless
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Mountain Climbing
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Truffle hunting
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
One Season Classic Room from 150,00 euro Superior Room from 200,00 euro Rates are per room per night. Inclusive of: taxes, services, breakfast. Internet wifi free
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Perugia at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Ponte San Giovanni at 25 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Orte at 125 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Gubbio at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Carpiano at Gubbio
Year Purchased: 2000
- Primary: +39 075 920337
- Fax: +39 075 920337
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013