The Finest Property on Lake Ilopango
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Lake Ilopango house description
Main House has one Master Bedroom, Bath, Exercise Room, Living and Dining Room, Guest Bathroom, Gourmet Kitchen
One guest house has two bedrooms with 2 full baths
Second guest house has two bedrooms and 1 full bath.
Beautiful outdoor bar and entertaining area with an infinity pool. Helicopter pad, elevator to the dock area and a luxury pontoon boat. Full time staff available, organic garden, all rooms fully air conditioned. Office, Laundry and internet service with International TV.
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Elevator to the dock
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Private Chef
- Car Available
- Pets Not Allowed
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 9-12
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room seats 8
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Video Library
- Video Games
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Everything you need is here to enjoy an amazing vacation on Lake Ilopango. There is a pontoon boat for boat rides and water sports. There is almost 80 acres of land for hiking around. The owner also has an island that you can visit for picnics. With special arrangements there is a country club near by with all kinds of water sports available, an 18 hole golf course and a restaurant. This is also a base for exploring other areas of the country. The beaches are only an hour away and you can be at the top of a volcano for lunch in only 45 minutes. The house comes with a four wheel drive vehicle and a driver to take you wherever you would like to go (additional cost). If you have interest in geological diving, this is one of the best places in the world ! You will also enjoy our organic garden which keeps fresh from the garden offerings on the table. Located between the Airport and the City of San Salvador. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Truly magnificent experience!
Truly magnificent experience!
This March (2013) We stayed at what is Truly the Finest Property on Lake Ilopango and one of the most wonderful places I've ever stayed. We've been to all the continents, stayed in rental homes and 5 star hotels (and lots of not 5 star places too) and this home on Lake Ilopango was one of my very favourites. The house is beautiful, the scenery is breathtaking, the staff and service are unbelievably good and professional. Maria's cooking for a mere $10 a day is better than anything I can get in my home town of 400,000. You couldn't ask for a more wonderful place and people. I felt safe, welcome and completely relaxed. You can hire one of the staff to take you anywhere you want (and I'm glad we did because renting a car and doing the driving ourselves would have been a bit stressful and perhaps difficult to find the correct roads.) The drivers were gentlemen, professional, and safe drivers. The owner Lori made everything easy including arranging for a cot for our infant to having our grocery shopping done before we'd even arrived. WOW! I'm hoping we can return for another stay. I cannot recommend staying here enough. It's a hidden gem!
- Guest jill (Canada)
- Date of stay 03/02/13
- Review Submitted 03/30/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thanks for the glowing review. We are super happy that your experience at La Dolce Vita more than met your expectations and that you appreciated the efforts of our 5 star staff to make your stay seamless and comfortable. Lake Ilopango is certainly a best kept secret. We look forward to your next visit !
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
|Christmas New Years
Dec 23 - Jan 2
6 night min stay
Mar 22 - Mar 31
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Daily maid service: $20.00 (includes cook and maid) Use of Pontoon Boat: $40.00/day plus gas. Airport Transfers: $40.00 each way Car and Driver: $75.00 (all day) plus gas.
We require a $500 deposit to reserve the property. Upon arrival this becomes a damage deposit and includes a $250.00 non refundable cleaning fee. Additional charges may apply depending on the number of guests residing at one time. Total payment due 30 days prior to visit.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
No fees or taxes.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: El Salvador International Airport at 30 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Costa del Sol at 40 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Corinto (10 minutes by boat) at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: City of San Salvador at 30 Miles
Year Purchased: 1992
About the owner: I am a U.S. ex-pat who feel in love with a Salvadoran and El Salvador.
Why the Owner Chose Lake Ilopango:
This is one of most unique properties in the country of El Salvador.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Very private and secluded but with all the comforts one needs in the jungle !
- Primary: (480)626-8607
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The whole property. House is on top and second guest house is in the trees.
View from the house towards the lake
Outdoor Seating Area.
Guest House and Office
View from Lake
Elevator to Dock
Beautiful sunrise at the lake
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.