View Home with 3 Bedrooms, 3 1/2 Bathrooms, Pool and Garden Patio
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Atascadero house description
Built in the Barrigan style, our house is located in Atascadero above the center of town in the peaceful garden district of San Miguel. On either side there are neighboring gardens with trees, no traffic or fumes, and you can hear the birds singing.
The house has 3 floors counting the roof terrace which has extensive views across the Laja Valley and town – a wonderful place to have margaritas and watch the spectacular sunsets.
The lush garden patio with a 23' x 8' foot pool has an outdoor covered livingroom area under the Casita.
From the garden one enters the living room/dining room with its warm Mexican colors, sunken built-in seating and a widescreen wall TV hidden by a sliding painting. There is a powder room and fully equipped kitchen with breakfast nook.
On the second floor there is a large bovida (domed) guest room (with twin beds or king size bed) overlooking the pool, garden and mountain views. It has its adjoining bathroom (with shower). The spacious master bedroom (with king bed) plus an office nook, has a large colorful bathroom with a tiled bathtub and shower.
An important advantage with these rooms is that they have French doors on both sides which allow a through breeze.
From the master bedroom, stairs lead up to a studio mezzanine which can be used as an office or art studio. This leads to the roof terrace and views over the town.
The Casita, our third bedroom (with queen bed), is reached through the garden and above the outdoor livingroom area. It overlooks the garden patio and fountain, and has an adjoining bathroom with shower.
Our maid, Ofelia, comes 5 days a week for 4 hours and on Saturdays for 3 hours. She house cleans, makes the beds, washes and irons but if you require more hours or babysitting (at your own risk as she does not swim) then she should be paid extra. A cook can be hired through our house manager. A gardener comes twice a week and a pool maintenance man comes once a week.
The house is rented with a full tank of gas. Any additional gas is at the renters expense and should the pool heating be used then a charge will be added. The pool and house both run on gas.
A striking feature of our house is the abundance of art work from various parts of the world including Mexico and the owner’s paintings.
From Atascadero it is an easy and pleasant 15 minute walk down to the central square (El Jardin). Or if you prefer, taxis respond within 10 minutes to take you down the hill. There are an many taxis roaming the town and that is the easiest way back to the house
Owner: Ingrid Wheeler -
House manager: Paula Ramirez
Well behaved children over 10 years of age are accepted, with adult supervision. No pets are allowed.
- 2800 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Living Room seats 10:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Car Not Necessary
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Climbing
- Equestrian Events
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- San Miguel is the heart of Mexico! It has history and culture and is a wonderful photographic opportunity with narrow cobbled streets, warm rich colors everywhere, and a profusion of flowers. It has 2 art institutes, galleries, theater, music festivals both Jazz and classical, and great restaurants, hotels and B&Bs. But above all it keeps its Mexican heritage and culture with its markets filled with local crafts, and traditions with its numerous Saints days and festivals. It also has an impressive Center for the Arts with galleries, artist studios, restaurants and decorators showrooms featuring both modern and colonial furniture and designs. Within an hour of San Miguel there are the picturesque towns of Guanajuato, Queretaro and Dolores Hidalgo to explore with a local driver. There are 2 golf courses, tennis, natural hot springs, horse back riding, hiking, art and language classes. The climate at 6000 feet from December to March has chilly nights and warm sunny days. April and May are the warmest months. From mid June through September there are intermitant rain showers turning the high desert a rich green. October and November are delightful. There is so much to see and enjoy in San Miguel and so many tempting things to buy at very reasonable prices. Come and enjoy the magic of this beautiful 16th centuary Spanish colonial town....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$250 additional payment for pool heater.
Rates in US dollars: Plus 6% tax
$1350 /wk. for 4 people
$1500 /wk. for 6 people
20% extra for holidays - Christmas, New Year, Semana Santa - Easter, Day of the Dead.
$500 Security Deposit. For more than 4 people the rental for a week is $1500, for a month is $4600. Payment is preferred through PayPal. A full rental payment or 1/2 month deposit payment must be paided upon signing the lease depending on start of rental period and lenght of stay.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Queretero and Leon at 70 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Las Ventanas at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: La Puertecita Hotel at 0.33 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About: My husband and I live in Marin County north of San Francisco. We met in Rio and lived for a few years in South America. He grew up in Santa Barbara and is a graduate of Yale and Columbia Universities. I was born and raised in Hong Kong and lived in France and Jamaica with my parents when my father retired. We continue to enjoy traveling and visitng family in Europe. We fell under the spell of San Miguel while renting a friend's house and within 2 weeks bought our own house. We spend about 3 months a year in Mexico and have successfully rented our home to nice considerate people and returning guests.
We love the location of this property in Atascadero and describe it as the garden area of San Miguel with trees, birds and fresh breezes. It sits on the cusp of the hill above the town with spectacular views over the valley and the distant mountains. No traffic or fumes. The house was a shell when we bought it and we have enjoyed finishing and decorating it with all the local furnishings available in San Miguel.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love the vast view from the top terrace and the lush garden patio and pool. The warm and vibrant colors of the interior and the layout of the house work very well in creating a wonderful Mexican atmosphere.
- Primary: +1 415-755-7878
- Secondary: +52 044-415-153-5079 not after 8 pm
Links to more information:
Evening at Casa Wheeler
Patio Living room
Living romm / Dining area
Kitchen and breakfast nook
House entry to garden
Casita guest room
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Monday, September 30, 2013