Tropical Paradise with Ocean View & Privacy - Best $
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ke Nani Kai condo description
Caution!! If your vacation dreams include bright lights, flashy nightlife, and crowds, than stop here, because Molokai is not what you're looking for! However, if you're ultimate dream vacation includes getting away from it all, peace, solitude, and white sandy beaches where you just might be the only person combing them, than you've found the perfect island. We guarantee, once you arrive on Molokai and acclimate yourself to the incredibly beautiful, tropical surroundings, the slow, 'enjoy life' pace, and the Aloha Spirit, you'll be hard pressed to make your departing flight. Our Condo, #254, is located at Ke Nani Kai, within the beautiful 14 acre Kaluakoi Resort on the sunny west shore of Molokai. This is a 120 unit, two-story Condominium Resort with manicured grounds. Ke Nani Kai means 'Heavenly Sea,' and once you arrive, you'll see why! Our condo offers both an Ocean View and a secluded Garden View. This view off the back lanai is great for sunning and viewing spectacular sunsets over the ocean. There are no condos or parking lots to obstruct your view, and you will most likely see the local wildlife, such as: Axis Deer, which you may hear barking at night, Turkeys, that roost in the trees off the fairway, Red Cardinals, or one of our two resident Peacocks.
Our one bedroom, one bath Condo unit also offers a sofa-sleeper, perfect for children. There is a loft, however it is reserved for storage. You'll enjoy views galore and cooling trade winds with all of the amenities you'd expect. There is plenty of cookware to whip up your favorite dish, a coffee pot, coffee grinder, blender, microwave, in-unit stacked washer/dryer, sheets, towels, including beach towels, 32' Pro scan flat screen LCD HDTV, radio/CD player, free Wireless Internet which is also now available at the pool, so you can sun and surf the web all at the same time. The tiled lanai has four swiveling rocker style patio chairs around a glass table, perfect for pupus and beverages. There are also two comfortable lounge chairs for sunning.
- On floor 2
- 800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Long counter and wall-to-wall mirror. Tub and shower.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Washing Machine:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Towels Provided:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Molokai, the Friendly Isle, is the best kept secret in all of Hawaii. It's just 38 miles long and 10 miles wide; no stop lights and no buildings taller than a palm tree! We found this jewel in the Pacific 11 years ago, and return yearly to relax, rejuvenate, sun and surf. You may want to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of Molokai's tropical surroundings as well, or you may want to jump in and experience the sights and wonderful island people. These are some of the many activities which you can enjoy, specifically unique to Molokai: ~ Hike (26 switchbacks), fly, or take a mule ride to Kaulapapa where Saint Damien, comforted Leprosy patients (Hansen's Disease). The peninsula is gorgeous, as is St. Philomena Church. We hiked down, and it was tough, but well worth it! ~ Hike Pepe Opae Trail located in the incredibly lush mountain-top rain forest of the Nature Conservancy. Walk the narrow boardwalk to view the North Shore's Pelekunu Bay. The hike begins after a spectacular 4x4 drive to the center of the island past the Sandalwood Pit, used years ago to measure how much wood would fit into the cargo hold of a ship for transport. This is a very fun hiking trail through a thick fern jungle. We do it every year! ~ Hike Pala'au State Park to the Kalaupapa Lookout, or veer left up to Kaule O Nanahoa - Phallic Rock. ~ Visit or take a tour of the Molokai Coffee Plantation, where you can enjoy a delectable Mocha Mama or sandwich at their deli counter. On Sunday evenings you can relax on the patio to watch and listen to local musicians entertain you with Hawaiian style music. ~ Tour Purdy's Natural Macademia Nut Farm. ~ Charter a fishing boat at Kaunakakai Wharf, the longest wharf in HI, where you might catch some onolicious Ahi, Mahi Mahi, Ono, or Ulua. ~ Shop Kaunakakai's Saturday morning street market for fresh produce or locally made crafts. ~ Four wheel drive to Mo'omomi Dunes to view the scenic ocean-side preserve. ~ Drive to Halawa Valley, the most eastern of all the North Shore Valleys. This amazing scenic drive takes you past beaches, up over pastureland, where you might get a glimpse of Hawaii's State Bird - the Nene, and then back down a steep narrow road on a fabulous adventure which leads you to a panoramic view of Halawa Valley. From here you can hike to Hipuapua Falls or Moa'ula Falls, and swim in a 150 ft natural pool. A local guide is suggested. ~ Drive to Waikolu Overlook to view the North Shore Pali, the World's Highest Sea Cliffs at over 3000 ft. ~ Snorkel Hawaii's Longest Continuous Reef at 20 Mile Beach to see Natural Finger Coral and Stony Coral or a Honu (Green Sea Turtle) Puffer Fish, Parrot Fish, or Hawaii's State Fish, the colorful Humuhumunukunukuapua'a. ~ Take a Whale Watching Tour to see Humpback Whales breach and slap their tails in fantastic displays. Excursions are seasonal Nov -Aprilish and leave from Kaunakakai Harbor. ~ Walk or comb for shells on Papohaku, Hawaii's longest white sand beach. Just 3 minutes from the condo and 3 miles long, where you will quite possibly be the only person leaving a footprint! We enjoy laying on this beach at night to watch for shooting stars! Whatever you find yourself doing on Molokai, you'll find that it's unlike anything you've done before! The most important thing to remember is to, 'Slow Down, You're on Molokai.'...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Moloka'is ruhige Westküste
Moloka'is ruhige Westküste
Wir haben unsere Woche hier sehr genossen! Die Wohnung war schön eingerichtet und die Küche war gut ausgestattet. (Was in vielen Ferienwohnungen ja eher nicht so unbedingt der Fall ist...) Klar, von der Westküste aus ist es ein etwas weiterer Weg nach Kaunakakai und dem Rest der Insel. Dafür wurde man mit einem wunderschönen Strand direkt vor der Haustür entschädigt. Ausschlaggebend für uns waren der wirklich unschlagbare Preis der Wohnung und die unkomplizierte Bezahlung: Kaution und Miete konnten problemlos über die Kreditkarte abgerechnet werden.
- Guest Buehne A.
- Date of stay 01/11/14
- Review Submitted 02/17/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, tourists without a car.
The unit was as pictured and the amenities were as described, making for a perfect vacation. The unit is well equipped and nicely decorated. The friendly isle is aptly named. Soon after we arrived, there was a knock on the door. The neighbors were there with some cookies and food, saying that they were concerned that we had arrived late, and we might not have eaten. When we registered, the woman in the office was welcoming and full of useful information. She warned us to keep gasoline in the car, as the only two gasoline stations are in Kaunakakai, twenty miles away. The complex is very well maintained and quiet. There is a little store an easy walk away for emergency supplies. If you want a peaceful vacation, this is the place to go. Three mile long Papohaku Beach is close by. On the weekend it was fairly crowded with maybe ten people on the entire length of the beach! Whales were often visible swimming past. There are numerous paths for walking around in the area. Driving on the island is a dream--zero gridlock.
- Guest Long Beach Visitors (Long Beach, California)
- Date of stay 01/25/14
- Review Submitted 02/12/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Neat, Tidy, Comfortable Place!
Neat, Tidy, Comfortable Place!
Really enjoyed my stay. The accomodations were perfect for me! Place was very nice, clean, and tidy. Appreciated the responsiveness of the owners - really nice folks. Great experience.
- Guest E L. (Upland, CA)
- Date of stay 04/08/13
- Review Submitted 07/24/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Stayed here for a month and couldn't have picked a better place on molokai. I know a lot of people say that but In this instance true. Just as nice as any of the other spots on molokai if not better and a much much better deal!! I know since I've visited molokai many times and stayed at many different places throughout the last 10years. Not one of them was any nicer or cleaner or more enjoyable than here and they were all significantly costlier. The owner was very kind and fair. When I go back I will always check with her first to see if available.
- Guest timothy thannisch (durant, oklahoma)
- Date of stay 02/26/13
- Review Submitted 04/29/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 5 - Oct 31, 2014
4 night min stay
Nov 1 - Mar 4, 2015
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Check Availability Calendar for open dates.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $300
- Cleaning: $90
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Hoolehua (Molokai Airport) at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: In town, Kaunakakai, takes you to Lahaina, Maui at 15 Miles
- Nearest Train: Mainland, across the Pacific. at 2512 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Quaint 2-lane Road. No hwy & no stop lights! at 2512 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Kepuhi Beach within close walking distance. at 150 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Inside the condo or in Kaunakakai. at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Pacific Ocean at 150 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Ironwood Golf Course at 17 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Delicious local food at Kamuela's Cookhouse at 16 Miles
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: We met and married on Maui, so Hawaii has a very special place in our hearts. We knew that we wanted our piece of paradise, and searched all of the islands before we decided on our condo at Ke Nani Kai. The minute we walked inside, we knew it was the one! It's tucked away from foot and vehicle traffic, close to the pool, BBQ, and tennis courts, but just far enough away from any noise. It also has a gorgeous ocean and garden view.
Why the Owner Chose Ke Nani Kai:
We love Molokai, and think you will too! We've rented our unit many times to long-term renters and many have come back as return renters, stating that they love our quiet, secluded, tropical home-away-from-home, just as we do.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We fell in love with our condo because of the quiet, the sunsets, and the short walk to Kepuhi Beach to watch our boys boogie board, or these days to surf, snorkel, and skim board. Ke Nani Kai also has the most beautiful pool/jacuzzi on the island, hands down! There are also two full-sized tennis courts, a pin-pong table pool-side, a Horseshoe Pit, and two large BBQ's (one by the pool, and one by the Horseshoe Pit), all on property and easily accessible. In the front office you will also find a small library which is also stocked with some movies for check-out. Inside the unit, the vaulted beamed ceiling and the sky light over the kitchen area offer more light and spaciousness, adding to the open airy feel. We always have the two double sliding doors to the back lanai as well as the front door open, making it seem like you're living outdoors. One of the best benefits of being on the top (2nd) floor, is the ocean view, the breeze from the trade winds and the fact that you don't hear neighbors walking on a floor above you.
- Primary: 928-526-2958
- Secondary: 928-699-0676
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Bathroom with a single sink and long counter. Has full bath/shower.
Entryway leading out.
Ocean view off lanai with Desert Rose blooming in the foreground.
Sunset from lanai.
Pool and Jacuzzi area close to the condo.
Kepuhi Beach within easy walking distance.
Kitchen with all amenities.
Entry to upstairs condo.
Rainbow over Ke Nani Kai.
Early sunset off lanai.
Pool and Jacuzzi, nicest on the island!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 05, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.