Reduced!!! 3 Bd/2BA Peaceful Large Adobe Home, Museum District
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:30-31 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Fully enjoy your Santa Fe experience in this gracious tasteful fully-remodeled 50-year old quiet, restorative adobe home in the Museum District just minutes/three miles by car from the Plaza and 2 miles from Trader Joe's. Take a contemplative walk through wild sage and chamisa in the huge, undeveloped nearby Arroyo Chamisa that connects by foot to Museum Hill and the Folk Art Museum, the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture. The home sits on 1/2 acre of flower and vegetable gardens with a dozen pine trees. Perfect for the professional or executive person(s).
Three bedrooms, a separate office/studio space at far end of portal, and two full baths (one w/shower/Jacuzzi; the master with glassed in shower), it sleeps 4+ . Master bedroom has a queen-sized bed and attached bathroom. At the other end of the house the guest bedroom has double bed, the TV/library room has queen-sized comfortable sleeper sofa bed with shared bath.
Fully remodeled six years ago, the home features all new Saltillo floor tiles, Talavera Mexican tile counter tops/showers/bath walls and surfaces, new paint and plumbing/electrical plus solar domestic hot water heat. New washer/dryer, dishwasher, gas stove, refrigerator.
A full gourmet Mexican-style kitchen complete with center butcher block island seats four.
Full portal (porch) off the kitchen features two seating areas, a dining area for those warm winter and spring days, and opens onto a 6-foot tall adobe walled-in back garden with fountain. Kiva fireplaces are in the master bedroom and living room.
Televisions located in TV room, smaller ones near the elliptical trainer, the kitchen counter, and the office. There are two resident older cats who sleep all day who need their bowl filled occasionally!
- 3200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Not Suitable For Children
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Wood Stove:
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Living Room seats 8
- Washing Machine
- We stayed at Casa Haden in November 2012 and had a wonderful time for three weeks in the home of Judy Haden in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We often walked downtown to stores, museums and the walk along the river and the Plaza. The spacious living room has a grand piano on which Karen played Chopin and Bach. There is also a fine audio system and music collection. The master bedroom has a beautiful big bed and a bathroom with a skylight and marvelous shower. The other bedroom has an elliptical exerciser and a bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. The television system in the den gets satellite programs and plays DVDs. There is also a very sophisticated library of folk art books and picture books of the whole world which we spent weeks looking at. We cannot wait to return and recommend Casa Haden most highly. It is truly a remarkable place. We felt honored to be there. Doane Perry, Karen Carmean, Cambridge, Mass....moreless
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Climbing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Cross Country Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- The property is located within walking distance of the International Folk Art Museum and the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture. Hiking is available to many areas, there are small nearby mountains out the front door as well! Santa Fe is the 'City Different,' a cozy small art center for over 200 art galleries and movie/theater/dance live venues. There are ancient ruins nearby to drive to and hike within. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
30 night min stay
Discounts: 85 nights or more $55 nightly, 90 nights or more $55 nightly
|Spring 3/1/13 to 4/31/13 ONLY
Mar 1 - Apr 30
31 night min stay
Discounts: 35 nights or more $90 nightly
Additional information about rental rates
My home is only available for a two month rental period,, March 1 to April 31, 2013, inclusive. I will be on assignment in Guatemala for that time.....
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Taxes Not included
The home and it's contents shall be the same as when it was first rented, minus any minor wear and tear. Replacements will be at fair market value for any broken or damaged items. I will photograph the contents before leaving. Access shall be allowed to housekeeper every two weeks and the home needs to be ready for her to clean, not to have her clean up AFTER the tenants! i.e. counters cleaned off, clothes hung up, sheets laid out. etc. Cats will be fed wet food once a day, dry food and fresg water to be left available. They can be alone for up to three days at a time. Otherwise, pet sitter can be called, info provided.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Albuquerque International Sunport at 60 Miles
- Nearest Train: Railrunner commuter train at 2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-25 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Santa Fe Ski Basin at 20 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Harry's Road House, Pizzeria Espiritu, many more at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: I am a professional travel photographer and book author. Last book was OAXACA: The Spirit of Mexico, Artisan Press. I am currently working on another large cook book project concerning traditional farming and diet in Southern Mexico which requires my lengthy absences. I moved to magical sunny Santa Fe after 40 years in the gloomy Pacific Northwest.
Why the Owner Chose Southeast:
This particular home had all of my requirements and was the first one I looked at! Solid adobe, trees, near mountains and hiking, large 1/2 acre lot, good 'bones' for me to practice my remodeling and interior design skills.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
You will be in a quiet, tranquil home with mountain views, evening sunsets, with instant access to outside walking and hiking, yet you can quickly get to Trader Joe's, Smith's Grocery, movies and fine dining or even St. Michael's Hospital in 5 minutes or less.
- Primary: 505-984-9849
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entry way into Kitchen
Living room, Kiva fireplace, flagstone floor, grand piano, seating area for 8.
Kitchen counter, looking into living room
Inside Kitchen, door to back patio and gardens.
TV room, library.
Mask collection, entry way.
Folk art, master bedroom.
Hall way between guest room and TV room.
Outside seating on Patio, facing enclosed gardens and wall.
Guest bath with Jacuzzi
Entry way into living room.
Living Room, another view
Modern Mexican kitchen, center butcher block counter top.
Dining room, seats 6-8.
TV room, library.
Master bedroom entry hall.
Master bath shower, glass doors, skylight.
Back patio off kitchen, another view, to office.
Guest room with double bed.
Patio folk art, linen storage
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013