Beachfront, Comfortable Cottages Your Family, Friends & Pet Will Love.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Souris bed and breakfast description
The cottages are designed to free you to drink in the panorama of sky and sea, field and trees that surround them. Beach Cottage (purchased for family vacations in 1988, expanded over the years, and rented since 2003) has 3 bedrooms (1 queen, 1 double, 2 twin beds) and 1 (shower) bathroom. Bay Cottage (built for rentals in 2009) contains two discrete 2-bedroom (1 queen, 2 twin beds), 1 (shower) bathroom units, separated but adjoined inside by a middle bedroom; it is uniquely designed to accommodate both small numbers or large groups of family or friends, whichever you choose. Both cottages contain hide-a-bed sofas suitable for 2 extra people. Both cottages are fully equipped for as much housekeeping as you'd like to do. All kitchen utensils, dishes, cutlery and pots and pans are provided, as are outdoor BBQ's, all bed linens and blankets, towels and bathroom/kitchen paper supplies. Electricity (standard North American 110/120) powers the stoves and refrigerators, microwave ovens, ceiling and/or floor fans, baseboard heaters (controlled by thermostats in each room), CD/MP3/radio players, satellite TV (English and French-language channels) and DVD players, coffee makers, electric kettles and landline telephones. Best of all, Free Wi-Fi is provided in our cottages for your cell phones and other electronic devices.
Outside, Beach Cottage boasts a deck and stairs to the beach; Bay Cottage, overlooking the beach from its wild-strawberry-and-blueberry field perch, has a cottage-length deck and a central screened-in porch ideal for outdoor dining. Both cottages boast plenty of lounge and deck chairs, as well as several beach umbrellas and a selection of children's beach toys, and outdoor games. Both cottages have long outdoor clotheslines and interior drying racks; washer, or washer-and-dryer service, is available next door. Ample windows admit the spectacular light and views into all the cottages' rooms. Hop on your bikes and bike near the cottages, on the highway and byways, or on the nearby Confederation Trail.
We, the owners, live next to you, and are just a stroll or a call away should you have any questions.
- 2334 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Bed And Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 22, Beds for 22
- Beach Cottage has 3 bedrooms: 1 with queen bed, 1with double bed, and 1 with twin beds. A queen-size sofa bed is available in the sunroom for a daily extra guest charge (max. 2 additional guests). Bay Cottage, which can be rented in 2, 3 or 5 bedroom format, has 2 bedrooms with queen beds, 1 bedroom with a double bed, and 2 bedrooms with twin beds. Each of the 2 living rooms has a 2-person sofa-bed for a daily extra guest charge. Sheets, pillows and blankets are provided; the beds will be made up when you arrive....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Dishes & Utensils:
More than enough pots and pans, dishes, glasses, wine glasses and cutlery are provided for each cottage's maximum number of occupants. Some plastic dishes & cups are provided for small children....moreless
Both cottages have full kitchens (not shared). Besides stoves with ovens and refrigerators with freezers, the kitchens are equipped with microwave ovens, coffee makers, toasters and kettles....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- The setting of our cottages is stunning, with panoramic sea and sky views, all-day sunshine, a benign and secluded beach, spectacular sunsets and thickly starred nights. The cottages are simply designed but contain all the necessary comforts for a relaxing stay. They are absolutely ideal for families with young children, multi-generational family stays, or retired people with time to come earlier (in June) or to stay on into September. We have low season rates in June and September. Local festivals, and deep-sea fishing expeditions with knowledgeable local fisherman are two activities that our renters seem to enjoy the best out of all the activities available. ...moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
- You're in a photographer's paradise. From the secluded bay, our cottages offer a panoramic view of the Northumberland Strait, an arm of the Atlantic Ocean. The Strait is home to lobster and deep-sea fishermen, oyster cultivators, seabirds, seals, hummingbirds, resident bald eagle, hawks, herons, and occasional dolphins and whales. From your cottage decks or interiors, you can watch the Souris--Iles-de-la-Madeleine ferry glide by twice a day; catch sight of Nova Scotia's beautiful Cape Breton across the water; watch dramatic sunrises and sunsets; gaze at the moon and star-packed skies at night, especially when sitting by your beach fire. You can stroll the beach, enjoy a swim or a float in the refreshing seawater; kayak the bay (BYOK); or simply relax and soak up the sun. Hungry? Bring home local lobster, Colville Bay oysters and other seafood and fish fresh from the ocean. Keen to explore? Follow the only highway east, to miles of 'singing sand' beaches to walk, lighthouses to explore, and North Lake, a postcard-perfect fishing hamlet where you can charter deep-sea fishing and seal-watching expeditions, and, from mid-August through September, world-famous bluefin tuna charter fishing trips. Bike or hike the Confederation Trail, which begins near Souris and covers the entire Island, 'Tip-to-Tip'. Venture 25K. west to picturesque mussel-cultivating St. Peter's Bay, and magnificent Greenwich National Park with its sand dunes, river, woods and marsh walks, and access to the endless beaches of the the Gulf of St. Lawrence coast. A little farther west lies Crowbush, a superb golf course on the world circuit (Brudenell course lies south). The nearby village of Morell, on the beautiful Morell River, offers self-conducted kayaking excursions. Charlottetown, the Cradle of Confederation and capital city, offers Province House (where Canada was born), theater, markets, shops, fine dining and a superbly walk-able location on Charlottetown Harbour. World-renowned Green Gables, home of Anne and her creator, are a scenic drive from Souris to the west and north respectively. And if you are looking for a day-long jaunt, explore the unique Acadian part of PEI on the Island's west side. But no need to wander far. Souris (pop.1,200) boasts two grocery stores, a bank, a credit union, a post office, a small hospital, two pharmacies, and six restaurants ranging from fast food, to gourmet dining overlooking bustling, picturesque Souris Harbour, marina, and ferry terminal. Twelve K. west of Souris is the Inn at Bay Fortune, where you'll find 5-star dining (Where to Eat in Canada) in another idyllic water-side location. Friday is local produce market day in Souris, and fresh-caught fish and seafood is readily available daily. Tourism's Visitor Information Centre in 'downtown' Souris offers ample tourism literature and personal help for planning any other activities you might want to do. Weekly ceilidhs ('cay-lees') in the area will acquaint you with the rich local fiddling tradition and even allow you to kick up your heels. And more and more popular are September's chartered tuna fishing (catch-and-release) expeditions from North Lake (12 miles east of Souris), truly a 'tuna capitol of the world'. Experience the thrill of playing a 1,000-pound bluefin by day and relaxing at our tranquil cottages by night, where you can embroider your fish tales and upload your photos via our free wi-fi. So you can be as lazy or as active as you wish. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Low season June
Jun 15 - Jun 30, 2014
2 night min stay
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2014
2 night min stay
|Low season September
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2014
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
No refund of rental balance if occupancy terminated before rental period ends (medical emergencies excepted).
Owners accept cheques or money orders in Canadian dollars, to D. or J. Rollins; Interac e-transfers (Canada);
Weekly reservations: Deposit of $100.00 per week due at time of reservation. Daily reservation deposit negotiable with owner. Balance due one week before arrival. Cancellation: deposit returnable July 1 or 30 days prior to occupancy, whichever first.
- Pet Fee: C$15
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Charlottetown Airport at 78 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Wood Islands at 70 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Halifax, Nova Scotia at 200 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: #16 at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Chepstow Bay at 50 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Black Rafter Lounge at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Rollo Bay Greens at 7 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Sheltered Harbour at 4 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1988
About the owner: My husband Doug and I (Jill) are Montrealers born and bred, and have lived and worked here (we're both teachers) almost all our lives. Nous pouvons vous parler en francais! In 1987, we took a family summer vacation to PEI, where I had stayed with my parents (and which I loved) in the 1960's. On a family jaunt to East Point, we happened upon our first cottage, sitting fully furnished and for sale in its glorious locale on the beach in Chepstow Bay. We fell in love on the spot, especially when a school of dolphins came by to play!. Every summer after that, we've gone back to spend a few warm months, and we've never tired of it; actually, we seem to enjoy it more and more each year, as do the legions of family, friends and welcome strangers that like to visit and/or rent. Once our children were almost grown, and when we contemplated a 3-year absence for work in Singapore, we began to rent out Beach Cottage to friends and colleagues, so they could treasure and enjoy our beautiful place. Once returned, we bought our own new cottage (which was moved, intact and furnished, from nearby Rollo Bay!) in 2004, placing it on the arm of the bay overlooking our first cottage; in 2008-09, we savoured the fun and challenges of building Bay Cottage next door to us. We've made both rental cottages the way we like them: simply but fully equipped, comfortable, and welcoming. The prices are right, too. Now, we are a formally licensed and inspected Tourism PEI operation.
Why the Owner Chose Souris:
Besides the beautiful scenery (which is green, red-earthed,and benign), we love the history of PEI. Many of our Souris neighbors (to whom we'll always be 'from away', though they welcome us 'Home' each summer!) are families who have lived on the same plots they were granted in 1769, victims of the Scottish Enclosure Acts. Despite their hard lives as modern-day fishermen and farmers, and now watching as their families must leave to work the oil fields in Alberta, the resourceful Islanders we know love their place, are cheerful, friendly. . .and musical down to their toes. For us, from our extremely cosmopolitan city, it's a big and restful change to see the same surname on mailboxes along the highways and bi-ways of eastern PEI. Acadian and Scottish (with a dash of Irish) history shape this small corner of the world. Our little piece of it is the place where our hearts are, and we love to share it.
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
Our first cottage had us on first view: sitting sturdily at the water's edge, below a sweep of woods and field, with the huge panorama of sky and water spread out around it. Walking the beach and finding shells, and seeing a dolphin playing in the waves, helped us make up our minds on the spot: we had to have it. A hare hopping along the grass in front of the cottage captured our children. Though we love the different design, scenic perspectives and characters of our subsequent cottages, the first view that first vacation day was all we needed. Our paradise.
- Primary: 514-822-0874
- Secondary: +1 4389691990 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your tranquil, sandy beach
Step out of Beach Cottage and enjoy the view.
Sky, earth and sea
Bay Cottage sits in wild strawberry fields!
Bay Cottage partial interior
Shower, toilet, vanity with sink. Razor outlet.
Double bed room
Local fishing boat in the bay at sunset
Fiery sunsets are a frequent treat
Setting sail to catch a mackeral, cod or a tuna, North Lake
Souris Harbour from atop Souris Lighthouse
Moonlight over Chepstow Bay, your home away from home.
Early summer on the beach
Beach from Bay Cottage
Living room/sunroom view, Beach Cottage.
A slice of the 180 degree view from Bay Cottage deck
Bay North living room. Left door opens to screen porch and huge deck (see photo 8)
Savouring the sunset
Seals bask in Rollo Bay
Our renter and his 900 pound catch-and-release tuna. What a thrill! We can connect you to tuna charter captains close to us.
We are the pot of gold at the ends of the rainbows!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 17, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.