Family Friendly, Walking Distance to Shops & Dining in Old Colo City
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Colorado Springs house description
Newly Remodeled NON-Smoking Rental-- second story- ENTIRE UPPER LEVEL with a private front entrance-- 3 bedrooms- 3 bathrooms, clean, contemporary, & comfortable for singles, couples, or families. Enjoy flat screen TV and private bathroom in every room. One of the three bedrooms has a queen-sized sofa-bed and DVD player to convert into a family room by day and bedroom by night, perfect for families or just relaxing extra space. All beds are queen-sized, with one room including a twin bed. Accommodations comfortably houses 7. All bedrooms include private heat source, air conditioning, wireless internet, & cable. If you wish to eat breakfast out, we have a small restaurant just two doors down which serves lunch, dinner, and breakfast all day- Parking is ON street. Sorry we do not take pets, nor visiting pets. If you need more information, feel free to contact us directly or visit our website. If you are looking for a longer stay, rates for the unit drop in cost per day + cleaning fee and sales tax. Sales Tax for 30 days or more drops to 7.63%. For your quote just call or send an email through this site and we will get back to you shortly. (719) 344-3213 (our store- leave a message if needed)
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker
- Living Room seats 3:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Easy access to grocery stores, shopping, dining, and laundry service on the block. Easy access to I25. Located in the middle between downtown and Manitou Springs, all within a 5 mile driving distance. Located short distance from Garden of the Gods and many local attractions. Excellent location for reunions, weddings, graduations, and special events, general vacation and tourism. ...moreless
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- On the Avenue Vacation Rental is 1 ½ blocks from the heart of Old Colorado City right on Colorado Ave. Enjoy walking distance and easy access to shopping and dining while visiting this historical town. Looking for a scenic vacation with plenty to do for both individuals or the whole family? Look no further. Experience living in the community, touring the area, and meeting friendly people, all a simple walk from your front door. This lovely newly-remodeled vacation home includes the ENTIRE UPPER LEVEL OF THE HOUSE, which consists of three-bedrooms, with three private bathrooms, kitchenette, a small beverage fridge and medium full size fridge for foods, and private entrance. We have the perfect accommodations with all the amenities you need to make your stay fun, comfortable, and connected. Suitable for couples, families, and singles. Perfect for wedding guests, reunions, graduations, job training, golf tournaments, and extended stays while attending classes at a local college. Stay in our 1895 modern Victorian Vacation Rental in the heart of the historical district of Old Colorado City. Old Colorado City is one of three beautiful communities in the metro area of the greater Colorado Springs City. Vacay On The Avenue provides temporary accommodations on the well known, desirable West side, located between downtown and Manitou Springs. If you wish to visit Denver while you are here, it is just an hour away directly north on I25. You are minutes from many popular tourist destinations including Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, Cave of the Winds, the Incline, the 5 star Broadmoor Hotel, and more. Enjoy a breathtaking trip to one of our most popular attractions, Pike’s Peak, which is the most visited high place in the United States. You will love our amazing moderate weather for all of the many outdoor activities colorful Colorado is so well known for. Let us help you fulfill your vacation needs while touring the area with convenience. See our many links on our website, with an expanded list of the most popular places you will want to visit during your stay with us. By visiting our site you will also have access to a complete list of restaurants, including those which are gluten-free- Enjoy your visit! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A Great Place To Stay
A Great Place To Stay
We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend and found the house very comfortable. We were walking distance to several eating and shopping establishments. We spent several hours just sitting on the front porch talking and watching the people go by. Very easy to get to and the parking on the street was fine. All of our needs were taken care of and the house was equipped just right (towels, dishes, etc.).
- Guest Kenneth L.
- Date of stay 08/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/05/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, sightseeing, tourists without a car, age 55+, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you so much Ken, you and your family were a delightful bunch and I hope to see you all again someday. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and you are welcome back anytime.
Wonderful Home, Great Stay!
Wonderful Home, Great Stay!
My husband and I enjoyed our family reunion in Colorado Springs in April. We plan another visit and stay this vacation rental next spring. The owner is welcoming, and the rooms incredibly clean, and the pictures online were exactly what we got. We were greeted with a bottle of red wine, sparkling juice for the kids, water bottles for all of our party, and fresh flowers. We arrived late, so the provided coffee in the morning was also so appreciated. Thanks again for the lively conversations on the front patio deck and all the information for taking advantage of the local events. We can highly recommend this rental.
- Guest Melisa R.
- Date of stay 04/17/13
- Review Submitted 08/02/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thank you so much Melisa and John for your kind review. I too enjoyed our time out front talking and people watching. You made the week so much fun and your children were so sweet and well mannered. You are welcome back any time and I look forward to seeing you later or in the spring!!
Although the location and rooms were nice that was all of it's positives for us. This house should have been advertised as what it is, a hostel. It advertises that it sleeps six which it does, however, there is NO common space for anyone to just relax in. Worst of all was having to small talk with the owner every time you came or went because they live downstairs! Early each morning you were awoken by the creaking front door of the owner going in and out and every night you were awake with them talking on the front porch! This was my first VRBO and I am nervous to try again as I thought I was renting a nice house for my family to relax and catch up in, not spend our time with awkward moments small talking with the owner more than each other.
- Guest Colorado grown (Chantilly, va)
- Date of stay 07/18/13
- Review Submitted 07/24/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car.
Owner response: Thank you for your feedback. As you can read in the other reviews, past guests consider owner presence and visiting with locals, to be a bonus and our greatest compliment. A private entrance with full sized family room and kitchenette, pictured on VRBO, has always been comfortable and enjoyed by our guests. May I also suggest, if you and your family were to choose to try another vacation rental, you would likely be more happy in a house out in a suburban neighborhood for the solitary privacy you seek. Thank you again for your input, enjoy the rest of your summer.
Central location and wonderful owner
Central location and wonderful owner
We rented this property for our Summer Family getaway. I couldn't have been more thrilled. The owner was very friendly and checked with us daily to make sure everything was going well. The house is upstairs and is clean and very homey, the master bedroom has a balcony which faces the mountains so you can sit and relax at the end of a long day exploring. The location itself is within walking distance of Old Colorado City Downtown and several public parks. It is also within 15-30 minutes of the Pikes Peak Cog Railway, Manitou Springs, Santa's Workshop, and an hour from Cripple Creek and the mining museums. The Royal Gorge and rafting trips are also within an hour drive. Overall we were very pleased.
- Guest Larry R S.
- Date of stay 07/07/13
- Review Submitted 07/20/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Property Highly Recommended !!!
Property Highly Recommended !!!
Our family was greeted in a friendly manner, including drinks to begin our stay! The owner was very kind and provided for all of our needs while there. The place was very clean and well-maintained. Online pictures truly show the rooms well; they were nicely decorated with a full bathroom for each room. The location was neat, as it had unique shops and restaurants within walking distance. It had plenty of parking and the mountain views were lovely from the balconies. A Great Stay!!
- Guest Family Traveler (Delaware)
- Date of stay 05/27/13
- Review Submitted 06/04/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Off Season Nov thru March
Nov 1 - Mar 31
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
To inquire about the Guest House please contact the office at (719) 344-3213 and leave a message. If you are staying longer than 7 days, the cleaning fee is $50 per week including as you vacate in the middle of a week. If you staying over one week, the Cleaning Fee will be adjusted to $55 per week
- Cleaning Fee: $55
- Tax Rate 9.63%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Motorway: I25 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Patty Jewett Golf Course, 900 E Espanola at 5.2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: 2 houses down at Colorado Springs
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I grew up and went to college in North Dakota. I later married and moved to Montana where I lived for 24 years and raised three children. I have always loved the mountains and after my children were grown, I moved here to beautiful Colorado to start an herb and tea company, here in Old Colorado City. I have always loved the mountains and the weather being moderate is quite an attraction. I have always been family oriented so running a vacation rental just adds layers of new friends to a life full of wonderful people. Enjoy your stay and be sure to let me know any way I can make your trip better. Share your experience here with your friends and do come back- Beginning in June of 2013, you will also have access to an on-grounds Tea Shop for enjoying a cup of tea on our patio or purchasing items to take back home.
Why the Owner Chose Colorado Springs:
Of all the areas in Colorado I could have chosen, Old Colorado City is where I decided to make my retirement. The people are friendly, and living here in this beautiful area, is like living on vacation all the time. So many pass through here and having a local business has made it possible for me to revisit some of the same people coming through every summer. It is a delightful mix of all walks of life and once experienced, something to be appreciated.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I love living on this busy small town street where activities and excitement of all there is to do, happens right out my front door. I can walk to work, walk to dine, walk to walk, enjoying friends and visitors any day of the week. I can pack a lunch and walk through Garden of the Gods Park- just another benefit of living here. Everyone owns a dog, and that says a lot for the just type of people who walk the neighborhoods here, friendly and happy- Being just a few miles to either downtown or Manitou Springs is an ideal setting for a vacation or living in Colorado Springs.
- Primary: 719-344-3213
Bedroom Two-acts as daytime family room, queen hide-a-bed, bath, patio, TV, DVD
Bedroom One- queen bed + twin bed, flat screen TV, AC, bathroom, sunny, hardwood
Bedroom Three- Victorian queen bed, patio, claw foot soaker-tub/shower, sunny
Bedroom Three- patio
Bedroom Three- large bathroom, antique soaker-tub/shower
Common Area- view from Bedroom Three into hall to Bedroom One, Bed Two on right
Bedroom Two- large bath/shower
Bedroom Three, view to patio and french doors
Front view- Victorian house 1 1/2 blocks from shops, dining, and park
Bedroom Two- convert queen sized hide-a-bed to family room by day, gas stove
Bedroom Three- heat stove
Bedroom One- cozy queen with twin, perfect for 3rd guest or child, sunny
Common Area with stove, microwave, stove, beverage fridge, lg. fridge, dishes
Bedroom One- tiled shower
Bedroom One- view to bathroom and entry door, flat screen TV
Bedroom One queen with twin bed
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!