Hawaiian-Style Home on Working Coffee Farm Overlooking Kealakekua Bay
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Captain Cook cottage description
This is a quaint 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom cottage located on beautiful Painted Church Road in the heart of the Kona coffee belt. Tropical gardens, fruit trees, coffee fields, and many species of local birds surround this gorgeous coffee estate. It is perfect for 2 couples, honeymooners, or small families who want to explore the beauty, history, and adventure of the area in a comfortable home on a working coffee farm.
Under new ownership, this clean, comfortable home has been recently renovated and features new furnishings, beds, and linens. The outdoor dining area has stunning views of Kealakekua Bay, Hawaiian sunsets, and from late December to early May, breaching whales. This is also an excellent area to enjoy a freshly brewed cup of our local coffee, which is grown right on the farm!
The cottage has a fully equipped kitchen, an additional Hawaiian-style open-air shower, a media room with a comfortable futon, and covered parking. We also supply beach necessities including a cooler, towels,beach umbrella and chairs.
We are situated at a lower elevation than most coffee farms, so the days are warmer and dryer, and the location is very accessible.
We are centrally located to many of the great attractions on the Big Island. The cottage is just a few minutes drive from nearby beaches, incredible snorkeling, kayaking, Place of Refuge National Historical sight, Paleaku Botanical Gardens, and the Painted Church. Also just a few miles away is the town of Captain Cook, which offers a full service Supermarket, bars, restaurants, and shopping. It is just a 30-minute drive to Kailua-Kona, an additional 15 minutes to the airport, and a 2-hour drive to Volcano National Park.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 5
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Kayak / Canoe
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Whale Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- This traditional Hawaiian home is located on a beautiful 9-acre coffee farm. The outdoor lanai (deck) offers great views and a pleasant eating space. The surrounding area allows for excellent early morning walks and extraordinary snorkeling, complete with the occasional visit from Hawaiian spinner dolphins. This area has the very best snorkeling in the region! Kayaking and kayak rentals are also available at nearby Hookena Beach. Manini Beach, located in the Bay, and Two-Step, situated next to Pu'uhonua O Honaunau Place of Refuge National Historical Park, are both just minutes away. Both locations feature a variety of tropical fish and corals and Hawaiian Sea Turtles and Spinner Dolphins are also frequently encountered, particularly in the mornings. After a morning at the beach, be sure to visit the Pu'uhonua O Honaunau Place of Refuge National Historical Park, where orientation talks are held several times a day and well preserved heiau (temples) can be seen. We are also located walking distance to the Paleaku Gardens Peace Sanctuary, a 7-acre botanical garden that features meandering paths and cultural sights. The famous St. Benedict's Painted Church is just a mile down the road. This church was adorned with Father John Velghe's artwork in 1899 and is a popular sightseeing destination. Additionally, the church still offers weekend and weekday Mass. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Extrement decu par cette location infectee de bestioles de tout genre jusqu'a des lezards dans les chambres.nous n' avons meme pas pu profiter de la terasse pour diner car moustique et papillon en ont pris possession, plutot embetant car pas de table dans la cuisine.a notre arrivee deux cafards morts dans la cuisine, un lave vaisselle vieux et rouille, pas de seche cheveux.a deconseiller fortement car pas propre.
- Guest Larissa
- Date of stay 07/14/13
- Review Submitted 07/27/13
We absolutely loved our stay here. Very clean and tastefully decorated without being too personal or overly decorated. We felt very at home and enjoyed our meals on the back porch overlooking the coffee plantation along with mango, avocado, and papaya trees. Would recommend this to anyone unless we were traveling there at the same time and then we would definitely have dibs on it!
- Guest Jackie (Centreville, Virginia)
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 07/07/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Great Location, Charming, Quiet and Clean
Great Location, Charming, Quiet and Clean
We had a wonderful stay and would definitely book this home again. The home was in a great location, very charming, quiet and clean. All of our needs were met. We stayed with two young children and the accommodations suited them as well. The lanai and sunsets in the evening were our favorite. We enjoyed breakfast every morning on the lanai! I would definitely recommend this location to others. We were only a 10-20 drive to great beaches and Kona. We did not want to leave this quaint cottage. Thank you and we will be back again.
- Guest Nicole C.
- Date of stay 04/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/27/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, adventure seekers.
An unexpected delight
An unexpected delight
My son, his fiancee and I stayed at this newly refurbished cottage in early February and found it be clean, comfortable, charming and convenient. The manager, LaRissa, was responsive, helpful and solicitous of our comfort. The beds and bed linens were superb as was the view from the lanai. The location (near Captain Cook) was convenient for those wishing to visit both the Kona coast and Volcanoes National Park. With two bathrooms and a nice sized living room, separate TV room, kitchen and lanai it felt quite spacious. Best of all because of the way the cottage is situated you have complete privacy -- we knew there were houses nearby because we saw them driving in but could not see them due to the lush foliage -- just delightful! Ceiling fans and windows kept us very comfortable. The kitchen is well-equipped with the little extras (Tupperware, storage bags!) that make a stay so convenient. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to the Big Island.
- Guest Amalfimom (Reston VA)
- Date of stay 02/03/13
- Review Submitted 02/16/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
- Non Refundable cleaning fee: $150
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $100
- Taxes Included
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Kailua Kona at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 11 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Manini Beach & Two-Step 2 miles; Hookena 10 miles at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Captain Cook at 8 Miles
- Primary: + 808-936-0663 Hawaii Time Zone
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - LaRissa Morris Vacation Rental Manager
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lanai view of Coffee, Macadamia, Mango, Papaya, Avocado. Ocean backdrop
The entrance - good shaded reading area next to the beautiful garden
Kitchen and living room area.
Guest bedroom with great view while laying in bed.
Back of home from coffee field. Moana Loa volcano in background
Farm and ocean view from the lanai.
Great outdoor dining and comfortable seating for everyone on the lanai.
Ocean Sunset view from lanai. Overlooking the coffee farm
Fabulous Lani looking over the farm to the beautiful ocean view and sunset.
Living room / super bowl Sunday on the TV screen.
Master Bedroom with walk in closet
Kona Lisa Coffee
Farm Bananas More than you can possibly eat.
Coffee trees starting to blossom
Sun bathing area in the lower garden, looking out to the ocean
Ocean view from the lanai
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, September 15, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.