Tranquil Olde Englewood, Close to Beautiful Lemon Bay
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-30 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Englewood cottage description
These beautifully appointed Cottages, located in the artists' district of Olde Englewood, are 2 minutes' drive from the famous conservation area of Dearborn Street. There are many things to do in the area for recreation and relaxation including boating, fishing, golf, shopping, live music and great restaurants. Sarasota is 45 minutes away, Orlando, 3 hours away and Fort Myers, 1 hour away.
In Olde Englewood, there are several excellent restaurants, many having live music: Mango Bistro (www.mangobistro.com), Englewoods on Dearborn (www.englewoods.tripod.com), Vino Loco (www.vinolocowine.com), Compadres Mexican Restaurant, La Stanza Italian Restaurant (www.lastanzaristorante.com), Bobarino's Pizzeria and the Ole Time Cafe (www.oletimecafe.com), which is great for breakfast. In addition, there is Zeke's Bayside Bar & Grill at Royal Palm Marina (www.royalpalmmarina.com/zekes.html). All of these restaurants offer great food and atmosphere.
The Cottages have everything you will need for an enjoyable and comfortable stay. There is a beautiful large, fenced yard with many plants and trees which is secluded for relaxing and barbecuing on your private decks. The decks are accessed directly from the Cottages so you can go outside to enjoy the incredible Florida mornings, sitting drinking a cup of coffee and reading the morning paper.
The kitchens are fully fitted with a stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, pots & pans and dishes, glasses, cups,silverware and cooking utensils and the dining areas each have a 42-inch round table with four chairs and comfy seat covers.
The spacious bedrooms each have a queen-sized bed, night stands, chest of drawers, built-in closet and en-suite bathrooms which are bright and cheery and have a nice strong shower.
The cozy living rooms with leather Lay-Z-Boy recliners, a Samsung 32-inch LED HD television with cable and an iPod docking station completes your relaxing experience in beautiful Olde Englewood. WiFi is included.
If you want to bring your boat, you can either negotiate to moor it at Royal Palm Marina which is a block away, or you can park it at the Cottages and launch it, when you want to go out, into Lemon Bay from Indian Mound Park which is a 5-minute drive away.
Englewood Beach on Manasota Key is 10 minutes' drive away and here you will find several excellent restaurants for lunch or dinner, most of which also provide live music. Some of these are Lock and Key (www.lockandkeyrestaurant.com), Flounders (www.floundersonthebeach.com), the White Elephant, The Gulfview Grill (www.thegulfviewgrill.com), and the Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro.
Other nearby restaurants that offer dining on the water are The Fishery (www.sunstate.com/fishery), Farlow's (www.farlowsonthewater.com), Sharkey's of Venice (www.sharkeysonthepier.com) and Casey Key Fish House (www.caseykeyfishhouse.com).
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Washing Machine:
- Living Room seats 2:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Ample outdoor space with front patios on which to sit and watch the world go by. Sitting on the back decks, you can enjoy watching the local woodpeckers and other birds and beautiful butterflies. Perfect for any time of the day - lots of shade trees provide protection on hot, sunny days and the back decks are a perfect place to end the day and enjoy the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood. There is a vacuum cleaner located in the laundry room....moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- The two Cottages are located in an attractive, quiet area that is typically 'Old Florida' on the lovely Gulf Coast. The main street in Olde Englewood, Dearborn Street, hosts a number of regular activities which attract people from the surrounding area, such as Saturday Night Live - shops are open late and lots of live music -, Wine Walks and Wine Tasting, Cruizin' Dearborn - classic car show along the street, live music, shops open late - and a Farmer's Market every Thursday morning. In addition, there is the Lemon Bay Playhouse which has a season of plays and musical entertainment. Depending on the time of year you are visiting, you can have the opportunity to participate in a number of specific seasonal events, such as a Spring Arts Festival, Cinco de Mayo and Pioneer Days, to name a few. There are several excellent restaurants on Dearborn Street and in the local area offering a variety of cuisine to suit all tastes. Most of the restaurants provide live music covering a range of style ensuring a fun, relaxing and enjoyable evening. Down in Fort Myers, there are interesting attractions such as Thomas Edison's and Henry Ford's Winter Estates, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands and an refurbished retro downtown area. Boca Grande, famous for the Bush family vacations, is approx half an hour's drive from Englewood and is the home of the beautiful Gasparilla Inn. North of Englewood, you have Venice Beach, where you you can often spot dolphins and beautiful Siesta Key, where the beach is listed as one of the top 10 beaches of the world. And then, north a little further, in Sarasota, you will find the Ringling Brothers' Museums. Closer to home, Englewood Beach and Stump Pass State Park are on Manasota Key which is 10 minutes' drive from the Cottage. Lemon Bay Park and Environmental Center is a stone's throw away. Here you will find a nature trail, butterfly garden, eagle nest viewing areas, canoe/kayak launch, boardwalks, picnic pavilion, picnic shelters, grills, park benches and environmental center. If golf is your sport of choice, there are private golf courses nearby, such as Boca Royal Golf & Country Club and Jacaranda West Country Club, and a number of public golf courses, such as Myakka Pines Golf Course, Oyster Creek Golf & Country Club and Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club, to name but three....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We liked it!
We liked it!
Well-appointed, very well-maintained, in a quiet location and with a very pleasant garden and deck in back. We enjoyed our stay and will stay there again when we next go to this area. Try it !
- Guest Sylvaine (France)
- Date of stay 11/09/13
- Review Submitted 11/25/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car.
Do you want to be surronded by a beatutiful garden and have just a short drive to the beach? Here is the place! On top of that Olde Englewood is only a short walk away with good restaurants and bars. The garden is great. Spend some time on the deck in the afternoon with a book and a glas of wine before going out to eat. Great! The place is charming and well kept and as you have understood I liked the garden a lot. I hope to return sooner than later.
- Guest Len (Sweden)
- Date of stay 04/08/13
- Review Submitted 04/22/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway.
I loved the peace and tranquility at the Englewood cottage. It is even more adorable than the pics. Recently remodeled and decorated, the owners showed attention to detail that I have not seen in other rental cottages I have stayed at in other places of the country. From the Pottery-Barn like dining table with adorable cushions to the color and theme coordinated bedroom suite, the place exceeded my expectations. The neighborhood is friendly and VERY quiet. The cottage is situated on a very large lot with a deck in back, overlooking the beautiful backyard. Englewood is an ideal location for an extended getaway. The quaint artsy town is within walking distance from the cottage and has several good restaurants. I would recommend Mango Bistro for one. It is a short distance by car to other town such as Venice and Sarasota. There are several beaches that are a very short (10 minutes at most) car drive away. I am definitely planning on returning.
- Guest Cathy (Westchester, Illinois)
- Date of stay 03/01/13
- Review Submitted 04/19/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Lovely Olde Englewood
Lovely Olde Englewood
My husband & I decided to holiday in Florida & spent a few days in Miami before driving across to Olde Englewood where we stayed at Ian & Linda's cottage. Olde Englewood is a couple of hundred miles away from Miami but at least 100 years apart in charm. It's a beautiful little place where everyone is so friendly and welcoming and it felt like we stepped back in time (in a good way!) while we were there. The cottage itself is in a peaceful residential area and has a wonderful back yard where we could relax in the dappled sunshine created by the orange trees and really take a break from the stresses & strains of modern life! The bay is just a short walk away through leafy lanes and we watched many beautiful sunsets from one of the jettys. The beach is a short drive away but is long & sandy and very safe. I also went to early morning yoga on the beach while I was there which was just a wonderful way to start the day. The sound of the waves lapping really added to the feeling of relaxation. Olde Englewood itself has plenty to keep you happy for at least a week - there are numerous restaurants and a couple of bars one of which has live entertainment most nights in the form of local bands - the ones we saw were all excellent & dancing is encouraged! And then you can walk home to the cottage in less than 20 minutes - perfect. There is a library if you feel the need to use the internet & further up the road there is a large supermarket and drugstore for all the provisions you could possibly need. We had a hire car & did travel a bit up the coast to go to a couple of other towns but to be honest, we wanted to relax as we both lead busy lives and so spent most of our time in & around Olde Englewood & the beach. The cottage has everything you could need - it had no TV while we were there but do you know what - we didn't miss it at all! There was a BBQ & all of your creature comforts & I even managed to get all of my holiday washing done before I came home as there's a great utility area with washing machine & dryer. I drew the line at ironing it all - I was on holiday after all! In all, we had a lovely time and Ian & Linda are perfect hosts - menus / lists of things to do etc are all there waiting for you.
- Guest Alex (Sedgefield, UK)
- Date of stay 03/01/12
- Review Submitted 01/23/13
Recommended for: People with disabilities, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children.
Fantastic property - lovely stay!
Fantastic property - lovely stay!
Had a great time at the cottage in the summer. Very clean and comfortable with nice areas to sit outside and relax. Great location in a lovely, peaceful area, range of restaurants within walking distance and just a quick drive to the bay, Lemon Bay Park and gorgeous beaches! Would highly recommend.
- Guest Sue W (England)
- Date of stay 08/01/12
- Review Submitted 01/22/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
This is a beautiful quite location, only a five minute drive to the beach and within walking distance to old downtown Englewood. Englewood has so much to offer with several stores, restaurants, bars and bike rentals. This is definitely a place you will want to return year after year.
- Guest stiney (Indiana)
- Date of stay 03/07/12
- Review Submitted 01/15/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, pet owners, age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2014
30 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Payment to be made by check sent to owner's bank, or by wire transfer. Will confirm details for this upon booking.
Refundable Damage Deposit of $500 and pet deposit of $250 (if applicable) to be sent with final rental payment. This will be refunded within 7 days of departure following inspection and clarification that all terms have been met.
Monthly Low Season rates are available on request.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Pet Fee: $250
- Tax Rate 12%
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Motorway: I-75 at 15 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Englewood Beach on Manasota Key at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Zeke's at Royal Palm Marina at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: La Stanza Ristorante at 0.25 Miles
Front entrance of cottage A. Porch has chairs, table and view onto Yale Street
Living room (A) w/ 32-inch LED HD TV, cable, WiFi, iPod dock, Lay-Z-Boy chairs
Spacious and bright dining area with seating for four in comfortable chairs
Queen bed, night stands and lamps
High quality en-suite bathroom with tub/shower combo with a strong shower
Back deck with table & chairs, grill and stunning view of beautiful back yard
View onto Yale Street from front entrance of Unit A
Beautiful kitchen/dining area. Microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, electric stove
Beautifully appointed queen bedroom in Unit A
Built in closet, chest of drawers and door to en-suite bathroom
Bedroom with direct access to the deck overlooking the beautiful back yard
View from back deck. Perfect for relaxing to watch birds and butterflies
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013