Colorados Surf Condo at Hacienda Iguana Villas Rio Dulce #9
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tola condo description
Villas Rio Dulce #9 has been the MOST POPULAR RENTAL with the highest occupancy rate in the Villas Rio Dulce condo building for the past 3 years. The reasons:
Our 3 bedroom, 2 bath unit on the 3rd floor faces both the Rio Dulce river and the jungle on the opposite side. It's also right in front of the world famous Colorados surf break.
- Jungle views from the riverbed to the mountaintop! Not to mention a direct view of the Colorados surf break from your Master Bedroom window or the extremely private balcony.
- A MEASURE OF PRIVACY is afforded that is not provided by most other units. It has elevator or stairs access to it's 3rd floor location. It is an OUTSIDE, CORNER unit with only the jungle to the south and the Colorados surf break in front and to the west. There is no foot traffic that looks into or constantly walks past your unit throughout the day! Begin and end each day in complete privacy, peace and quiet, after your busy & draining surfing adventures!
- A CONSTANT off shore BREEZE from Lake Nicaragua to the east sweeps over the mountains and flows gently through the jungle facing windows that comprise the entire south length of the unit. This virtually eliminates the need for AC and allows you to enjoy a comfortable tropical fresh air feel throughout your stay! Feel free to use the AC that each room in the unit provides. However, since it is not necessary in this elevated & breezy unit, you can enjoy the tropical breezes that you came here for in the first place.....And remember the privacy!!!
- A substantially UPGRADED AND CUSTOM FURNITURE package was acquired for our home! The standard builder package purchased by most unit owners does not compare! Most important are HIGH END PLUSH MATRESSES that guarantee a super comfortable sleep and rejuvenation after a full day's pounding by the waves. This is of the highest priority for any surfer!
In addition, we have selected gallery quality driftwood pieces from the nearby beach and river bed as well as several Nicaraguan themed 'Primitivista' framed oils from Luis Alvarado. He is widely regarded as the country's top artist in that genre. All in an effort to provide our home with a decorator's touch and a 'home away from home' feel not typically associated with a vacation rental. The couch and chair cushions are brand new as of November 2012.
- With our condo's south, southeast orientation, the hot afternoon sun is not a factor with this unit. Unlike other units there is NO need to close the drapes to block out the sun, shut the windows and crank the AC during that time of day.
- Our 3 bedroom can be configured as 1 king & 4 twins, 2 kings and 2 twins, or as 6 twins.
- Our fully stocked kitchen has stainless steel refrigerator & stove. Coffee Maker, Microwave, blender, ice cube trays, and a complete array of cooking utensils, dishes and silverware, etc.
- A flat screen TV with Claro satellite, DVD, IPod dock stereo, and LIBRARY OF 1000+ MOVIES, various HBO & Showtime series, and over 3000 songs from various artists is also provided.
- An ON-SITE MANAGER In THE BUILDING to handle any type of short term needs and/or extra-curricular activities. Day trips could include: Area eco-tours, yoga, manicure, massage, Spanish language lessons, local musicians, fishing trips, mountain climbing, horseback riding, zip lines, volcano hikes, bike and motorcycle rentals, etc.
- Hacienda Iguana is one of the top surfing venues in Nicaragua. Strong winds that originate from Lake Nicaragua to the east, flow over the mountains, and head offshore 330+ days a year, 24 hours a day! Colorados is a now famous world class surf break. Panga Drops is a short 5 minute walk up the beach from there. Colorados is a fast, multi-peaked, barrelling beach break. Panga Drops is a tamer A-framing reef & rock break. There are several other quality breaks in the area that we can arrange boats to.
General amenities available include a:
- a private community beachside pool restaurant/bar/seating area for lounging, swimming and watching sunsets.
- several excellent area restaurants to visit for fabulous food and amazing vistas.
- discounted membership rates at the 10 hole, well maintained and manicured tropical jungle golf course on-site, and at reduced rates.
- Fully cooked Meal Plans available.
- Wireless internet and satellite TV.
- Transportation to and from the airport in Managua as well as around the local area.
- Fresh fish and lobster delivered to your door. Ask about meal plans!
Surf Amenities Outdoor Shower, Surfboards, Boogie Boards, Swim Fins, Beach Umbrella, Beach Chairs, Snorkel Gear, Cooler, Surf Videos, Surf Wax, View of Surf Break, Beach Front House, Family Beach
Amenities Air Conditioning, Linens Provided, Washer, Dryer, Elevator, Off Street Parking
Beds King Bed, Twin/Single Bed
Entertainment/Games Cable/Satellite TV, DVD, CD Player, Shared Pool, Stereo System, Private Pool, Video Library
Kitchen Full Kitchen, Cooking Utensils Provided, Microwave, Refrigerator, Catering Available
Outdoor Features Charcoal BBQ Grill, Deck/Patio, Lanai, Balcony
View/Location Beachfront, Oceanfront, Beach View, Ocean View, Water View
Communications Broadband Internet, WiFi, Cell Phone
Suitability Kid Friendly, Handicapped Accessible,
- On floor 3
- 1400 sq. ft.
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- can also be configured as 1 king
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Surf Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Area eco-tours, yoga, massage, Spanish language lessons, fishing trips, mountain climbing, horseback riding, zip lines, volcano hikes, bike and motorcycle rentals, etc. - several excellent area restaurants to visit for fabulous food and amazing vistas. - discounted membership rates at the 10 hole, well maintained and manicured tropical jungle golf course on-site, and at reduced rates. - Wireless internet and satellite TV. - Transportation to and from the airport in Managua as well as around the local area. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
great time in Nica
great time in Nica
The pictures reflect exactly what you will find there. The decoration is really nice, the apartment is very well maintained, the view is epic! you will find 3 breaks near the condo. Colorado is straight in front of the building, Panda Drop is about 500m North and Amarillo is about 800m South. The waves are breaking in Colorado even without swell so you are sure to find some waves there. And when there is a swell the waves are just amazing! Internet and drinking water are free which is very nice. you can rent bikes, surfboards and motorbikes, you can easily ask for a cab and organize a trip to the volcano or to a city. Fishing trips and boat trips to go to other surf spots are also easy to plan. There is no supermarket around so you need to be ready and buy all you need before. There is a small bar near the pool on the beach with beers and water, you can also find a small bar - restaurant inside the golf area. The prices are nearly american prices. A cleaning lady will help you to keep the place nice and clean. it's very comfortable to have someone who can sweep and change the sheets for you :) The owner is very helpful and available. He will answer all your questions and make the payment easy. 100% satisfied. I am sure we will be back there! We had a great great time!
- Guest julierobo (los ángeles)
- Date of stay 08/07/13
- Review Submitted 08/30/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car.
We spent 2 nights in this condo. We had an excellent time with family, the condo met our expectations, close to the pool and the beach.
- Guest Carlos C.
- Date of stay 07/19/13
- Review Submitted 07/24/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children.
Amazing Nica Vacation!
Amazing Nica Vacation!
This was our second summer visiting Nicaragua and it did not disappoint. This was our first time staying at this end of the beach in the Rio Dulce condos, which were larger and nicer than we expected. Todd's condo is fabulous! He promised it would be a big upgrade from where we stayed last year and he was spot on; his condo is like home away from home right down to the decor. Mark (Buzz) the property manager is awesome; anything you need, he makes it happen and always with a smile. He lives on the floor below which makes it easy for him to check in and make sure everything is going well. Last summer we were ready to come home after two weeks, this year we wanted to stay another two weeks, that's how great this place is. We will be traveling back to Nica next summer and we would definitely rent Todd's place again without a doubt.
- Guest Kellie (Encinitas, CA)
- Date of stay 06/26/13
- Review Submitted 07/11/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, tourists without a car.
Best Pacific Side Getaway
Best Pacific Side Getaway
I've traveled to Costa Rica, Mexico, and Belize but was very impressed this Condo in Nica. Great view and amenities. AC, kitchen, speakers for our iPhones worked wonderfully. Plenty of room for 4 to 6 people. Could barely tell others were in the units. Get the fried cheese at the bodega at the entrance!
- Guest jimbo (chicago, il, usa)
- Date of stay 12/26/12
- Review Submitted 01/29/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
WOW! This place rocks!
WOW! This place rocks!
What a magical location. VRD 9 far exceeded my expectations that were sky high to start. Stayed in other units in the rio dulce building and this one is nicer in so many ways. Very comfortable couch and chairs, especially the beds. Everything is an obvious upgrade over the standard furniture package Ive seen before in the other units. Cant say enough about how private this outside , jungle side corner unit felt. There was also a consistent breeze running through the condo, Creating the perfect tropical setting and feel. Local driftwood pieces hanging from the walls fit perfectly with the beach ambiance. It was Awesome to be able to check out the Colorados break anytime of the day from the Living Room or balcony. Sitting on that balcony at night in a feeling of total isolation was an incredible experience. This is the place to sty at Rio Dulce.
- Guest Leandro (Chicago, il)
- Date of stay 12/01/12
- Review Submitted 01/22/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Surf Season (March-September)
$170/night - 1-2 people
$200/night – 3-4 people
$230/night – 5-6 people
Regular Season (October-February)
$150/night - 1-2 people
$180/night – 3-4 people
$210/night – 5-6 people
10th night FREE
Easter and Holidays Add $100 per night.
**Easter Premium applies Wed,. Thurs, Fri, & Sat night prior to Easter.
**Xmas Rate applies Dec 24 through night of Jan 1.
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Managua at 150 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Hacienda Iguana at 100 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Iguana Beach Bar & Resturant at 100 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Hacienda Iguana Resort & Golf Club at 200 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: Iguana Beach Bar & Resturant at 100 Metres
Year Purchased: 2009
About: My wife Sandy and I have been travelling to Nicaragua since 2000. We have seen and participated in the growth in and around Hacienda Iguana and the surrounding area. We love the warm friendly people as well as the general area and everything it offers. We are happy to share our home away from home with like minded travelers who will enjoy & appreciate what we've all worked so hard to create.
Hacienda Iguana is the most beautiful and spectacular beach in Central America. It was an easy choice. Seeing it grow from a long stretch of sand to what is today was an extremely fun and interesting adventure.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Please review the detailed description for details on: Privacy, airflow throughout the unit, upgraded custom furniture, mountain, river and surf break views and access.
- Primary: 5633570182
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Colorados Surf Break seen from the balcony
Living Room, Balcony View
Kitchen Stainless steel appliances & granite countertops
Colorados breaking right out front!
Kitchen to Balcony
Living Room, Kitchen
.Bach Club Pool Area
Wifey takes in a Sunset
Excellent fishing in the area. Boats pick up there from the beach at Iguana
Third Floor Corner Unit, Jungle and River Side ......PRIVACY & AIRFLOW!!!!
From the Balcony In....Comfortable Couch and Chairs.
Local Hardwood Dining Table looks out into the Jungle
Panorama of VRD #9
Local Driftwod everywhere
monkeys right outside the balcony
from the putting green
Great Fishing a few hundred meters from shore at Iguana beach
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Tell us your travel details and get an instant price quote from Todd Koppes