Gunner'S Mate - Small Family Affordable Beach House on the Canal
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Carova Beach house description
Gunner's Mate - a great family getaway!!
Rents Saturday to Saturday
Four wheel drive required
THREE, FOUR, AND FIVE NIGHT STAYS AVAILABLE - Call or email for rates.
Gunner's Mate is the perfect beach house for the small family. Main level features great room, kitchen, and two bedrooms and a bath. The upper level loft is all for the adults with a private bath attached. Located directly on the canal with bulkhead and dock. Explore the canals and sound in the kayak, and crab right off the dock. Bring your boat and be on Knott's Island in 10 minutes!.
Wild horses roam the area as well as fox, deer, and lots of waterfowl on the famed Currituck sound. A 3/4 mile drive in your four wheel drive vehicle brings you out to the beach where you can park right on the beach and enjoy the luxury of having all your beach goodies at your fingertips.
This property is managed by Carova Rentals which serves the 4WD area exclusively. We are a small local vacation rental company able to provide personalized concierge service, including a beach escort to your house if you are unfamiliar with driving on the beach and the off-road area. Bed and bath linens are provided in season, and you will find sufficient toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and drinking water to get you started.
Carova Beach is convenient for families with children and older folks because it is not necessary to walk to the beach. You can load beach chairs, coolers, and beach toys into you truck or SUV and drive to the beach. You will set up right next to your vehicle and enjoy the day!
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Towels Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Private dock
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Wildlife Viewing
- Surf Fishing
- Corolla Wild Horses roam the area!
ReviewsWrite a review
Our annual fishing trip to Frisco was re-routed due to the government shutdown so we booked this house last minute in Carova. Off the beaten path, it's in a peaceful setting frequented by the horses and deer. Agent was helpful and accommodating. Reasonably clean, spacious fridge, well stocked kitchen, open layout with cool 2nd floor loft. Phone service was nearly non-existent, which is a nice change. Would certainly rent again.
- Guest mike (Virginia)
- Date of stay 10/02/13
- Review Submitted 10/10/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
Manager response: Well, one good thing came out of the government shut-down. You got to visit Carova!! Come again!
1. Dealing with Karen at Carova rentals made this vacation so easy. She was quick to respond, easy to work with (PayPal and email mostly which I love but could have been done by phone as well). 2. The house was exactly as described and better. We had everything we need and very nicely equipped kitchen - and I love to cook. Plenty of pots and pans, utinsels, cups, glasses etc... We loved having a kayak for our use too as the house sits beautifully on water from the sound. The kids enjoyed boating and fishing in the afternoon. 3. The agency arranged for 2 sets of friends to join is during our trip by taking a water taxi from Knotts Island right to our back yard. Copy. skeeter was prompt and efficient for all 4 trips. 4. the 4wd area is wonderful. I have read reviews that the beaches are dangerous but this was not the case. The Sherriffs and beach patrol were by regularly and enforcing speed and appropriate behavior. 5. Horses are everywhere.... Even under our house and crossing the water in front of our house. We even watched a baby from a day old during his first few weeks of life. Don't let anyone tell you the horses are hard to find. 6. When we arrived the house was spotless and every need imaginable was on-site to help us keep it that way (w/d, d/w, vac, various cleaning products and brooms, starting supplies) this is the best of any rental I have ever stayed in. 7. The pictures show you exactly what to expect but don't do the back water view the justice it deserves... So nice to come in from short drive from beach to an even more beautiful setting.... Sit on the deck and watch deer, horses, tern, stork, pelicans and more while relaxing on upper deck or below (dry from rain). I can't say more wonderful things. Was it the prettiest house I have ever stayed in? Well, no but with 3 young kids I want to relax and not worry about art work and glass nick-naks... This was paradise and we will be back! Bring fishing poles and kid life jackets for kayak (although the water isn't deep and very calm) Note: the fire/rescue station down the road sells ice and ice cream many days (I understand proceeds go to the station) And NO, AWD is not the same as 4wd and you must have 4wd here but if you do, no worries!
- Guest Bobbie (Birmingham, AL)
- Date of stay 06/08/13
- Review Submitted 06/23/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway.
Manager response: I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to your next visit.
Jan 1st - May 11th ..... $750 (no linens) May 11th - June 8th .... $850 June 8th - June 22nd ....$1150 June 22nd - Aug 24th ... $1450 Aug 24th - Sept 14th ... $1150 Sept 14th - Dec 31st --- $750 (no linens) State and local sales tax added at 12.75%, Optional trip insurance available
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: +1 Toll Free: (877) 346-6034 10am to 4pm daily
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Upper Level King Master
Upper Level King Master Sitting Area
Mid-Level Deck off Dining Area
Spiral Staircase to Upper Level King Master Bedroom
Upper Level King Master
Upper Level King Master Bath
WAY TOO CUTE!!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 23, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.