VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Lovely home, in immaculate condition, across from club house and beach, with northern and western water views, and wonderful outside living space. Prestigious water community, with tennis courts, club house, beach, basketball, and security. Bring your family for summer fun. Also available in off seasons for weekend getaways.
Accommodations: 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, sleeps 8 people
The main living area of the house is an open design kitchen, dining, living room with fireplace.
The master bedroom has a king bed and all other bedrooms have double size beds and a sofa bed for one in the downstairs suite. Three of the bedrooms are on the main floor and the 4th bedroom is its own suite with full bath and family room space on another level, with sofa bed for one. Inside and outside dining tables each seat 8.
Regardless of the season, the house offers much, whether you are an outdoor enthusiast or not, providing a wonderful experience for singles, romantic couple-getaways, and family vacations. Make a fire in the evenings (or during the day when the weather is cool) to really feel like you are in the country.
The stone patio, partially shaded, equipped with gas grill and fire pit, extends 30 feet behind the house and is great for entertaining or simply lounging.
A beach, with lifeguards, is 250' from the house. Enjoy swimming, fishing, water sports and more in a lovely tranquil setting. Enjoy the outdoor shower after the beach with hot and cold running water.
Boat Mooring within 300' walk from house is available for an extra $10/week charge. Club Dingy available
In addition to the fun of direct waterfront activities, there are hiking trails, wineries, and shopping nearby with addresses & distances from the house further down.
Full kitchen, cooking utensils, and dishes provided. Plus high speed wireless internet access, area air conditioners, and full size washer and dryer.
Accommodation and Amenities for this vacation house rental.
Property Type: • house ________________________________________ Location Type: • lake view ________________________________________ General: • Wireless broadband • Wood burning fireplace in Living Rm • Clothes washer and dryer • Linens provided • Strong cell signal for either AT&T, VERIZON, etc. • Telephone – all incoming calls at no charge – outgoing local at 3.5 and long distance at 41 cents per minute • Maximum occupancy 8 ________________________________________ Kitchen: • Fully equipped • Ice maker • Dishwasher • Electric cook top with full size oven • Toaster oven • Refrigerator • Coffee maker • Microwave ________________________________________ Bedrooms: • 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9 • 1, King Bed - 3, Double Beds - 1, SNGL Sofa Bed ________________________________________ Entertainment: • 2, Cable Boxes HD • 2, DVD players • 2 Sound Surround Systems - Living Rm & Kids Den • 2, CD players • 2, VCRs • 3, Televisions (Kit LR Kids Den) • iPod docks • Wireless ________________________________________ Outside: • 4, Patios • Outdoor gas grill w/ backup Propane Tank • Fire pit with Firewood & Kindling • Outdoor privacy shower with hot and cold water • Rear Patio Table outside Dining Rm with 8 seats • Rear Patio outside Kitchen Bistro Table 2 seats • West Patio Table 4 seats • Boat Trolley for Kayak, Canoe or Sunfish Sailboat • Badminton Game Set w/ Net • Bocce Ball Game Set ________________________________________ Suitability: • Non smoking only • No pets ________________________________________
Below you will find listings and details (I.e. addresses and distances from House) on the following topics:
• 1) Hiking Trails • 2) Winery Trails • 3) Antiquing & Weekend Flea Markets • 4) Live Music • 5) Local Dining • 6) Supermarkets • 7) Drug Stores • 8) Coffee Shops • 9) Movie Theaters • 10) Museums • 11) Public Golf Courses • 12) Shopping • 13) Boat Rentals • 14) Medical Emergencies • 15) Mini Golf & Driving Ranges • 16) Physical Fitness Centers • 17) Ice Cream • 18) Car Service / Repairs • 19) Baby Sitting • 20) Club's Summer Camp activities for Kids
1) Hiking Trails nearby are: a) Bear Mountain Reservation in Danbury (3 mi dr)– ½ mile up Bear Mountain Rd Danbury b) Tarrywile Park & Mansion (10 mi dr) – 70 Southern Blvd Danbury c) Squantz Pond / Pootatuck State Forest -3 mi dr d) Still River Greenway Hiking Trail (10 mi dr) Access Pt. Commerce Park on Eagle Road (use 35 Eagle Rd Danbury for Garmin) along the Still River to the railroad tracks near White Turkey Rd e) Cranberry Mountain Trail, Haviland Hollow NY - 10 mi dr f) Kent Falls State Pk (25 mi dr) 1-30 Kent Cornwall Rd, Kent g) Macedonia Brook State Pk – N. on Rte 7 just beyond Kent Falls 28 mi dr – 159 Macedonia Brook Rd Kent, CT 860-927-3238
2) Winery Trails are: a) Haight Vineyard (34 mi) – 29 Chestnut Hill Rd Litchfield CT 860-567-4045 b) Connecticut Valley Winery (44 mi) – 1480 Litchfield Tpke New Hartford, CT 860-489-9463
3) Antiquing & Weekend Flea Markets: a) Elephant’s Trunk/New Milford
4) Live Music: a) Town Crier Café – 130 Route 222, Pawling NY (14 mi dr) 845-855-1300 – www.songkick.com/metro_areas/56749-us-pawling b) Charles Ives Concert Park (WCSU Westside Campus – 10.5 mile drive) – 43 Lake Ave Extension, Danbury, CT – www.ivesconcertpark.com – 203-837-9226
5) New Fairfield Dining: a) Portafino Restaurant & Pizza (4 mi dr) – 88 Connecticut 37, New Fairfield 203-746-3604 b) Ondine Restaurant (French – 4 mi dr) 69 Pembroke Rd Danbury 203-746-4900 c) Candlewood Grille (4 mi dr) – 28 Connecticut 37, New Fairfield 203-746-4205 d) Yummy Yummy (Chinese & Japanese – 3 mi dr) 54 Connecticut 37, New Fairfield 203-312-9557 e) Biscotti’s Ristorante (3 mi dr) – 4 Cotton Tail Rd New Fairfield 203-746-9900 f) Outback Steakhouse – Danbury (11 mi dr off Rte 84) 116 Newtown Rd Danbury 203-790-1124 g) Arturo’s Cantina - Mexican (4 mi dr) – 51 ½ Pembroke Rd. Danbury 203-746-8777 h) Dining directly on Candlewood Lake: Down the Hatch (13 mi dr or 3 mi boat ride from hs) 292 Candlewood Lake Rd Brookfield 203-775-6635 i) The Goodie Shoppe - Bakery - 1 Brush Hill Rd New Fairfield 203-746-7279 (3 mi dr) j) Koo Restaurant - Neo Japanese & Hibachi - 29 E. Pembroke Rd Danbury 203-739-0068. Located at base of Candlewood Lake, but no boat access known. 6.5 mi dr k) Lakeside Cafe - 31 Hayestown Rd. Danbury, CT 203-778-6708. Located at the base of Candlewood Lake, but no boat access known yet. 6.5 mi dr l) Lakeside Deli Breakfast & Lunch - 249 State Rte 39 New Fairfield 203-746-0584. 2.5 mi dr m) New Fairfield Luncheonette (good for early breakfast - 6am -2pm) 1 Brush Hill Rd New Fairfield (3 mi dr) 203-746-7011
6) Supermarkets: a) Stop & Shop in New Fairfield -4 mi dr b) A& P Super Market in Danbury -8 mi dr
7) Drug Stores: a) Osco Drug – 25 State Rte 39 in New Fairfield -1.5 mi dr b) Candlewood Drugs – 11 Connecticut 37 in New Fairfield -3 mi dr c) CVS – 35 Padanaram Rd in Danbury (near Rte. 84 – 6.7 mi dr)
8) Coffee: Starbucks in Stop & Shop Plaza – 3 mi dr…there’s also a Dunkin Donuts in town
9) Movie Theater close by are: AMC Loews Danbury 16 (10 mi dr)– 61 Eagle Rd Danbury 888-262-4386 show times
10) Museums: a) Danbury Railway Museum – 120 White St Danbury - 9 mi dr 203-778-8337 b) Tarrywile Park & Mansion - 70 Southern Blvd Danbury -10 mi dr c) Danbury Museum & Historical Society (John Rider House 9 m dr) 43 Main St Danbury 203-743-5200 d) Connecticut Antique Machinery Museum in Kent CT 31 Kent Cornwall Rd Kent, CT 860-927-3849 - 860-927-0050 -21 mi dr e) Sloane-Stanley Museum & Kent Furnace - 31 Kent Cornwall Rd Kent, CT 860-927-3849 -21 mile dr
11) Public Golf Courses: a) Richter Park Golf Course (18 holes -9 ½ mi dr) – 100 Aunt Hack Rd Danbury 203-792-2552 b) Candlewood Valley Country Club (18 holes – 17 mi dr) – 401 Danbury Rd New Milford 860-354-9359
12) Shopping: Danbury Fair Mall (11 mi dr) – 17 Backus Ave Danbury (www.danburyfairmall.com – store directory)
13) Boat Rentals: a) Echo Bay Marina – 227 Candlewood Lake Rd Brookfield 203-775-7077 b) Gerard’s Water Edge Marina 120 Old Town Park Rd New Milford 860-350-2628 c) Ski Boats – 1 Carriage Dr Brookfield 203-775-3714
14) Medical Emergencies: a) Danbury Hospital (8.3 mi - 12 min dr) – 24 Hospital Ave Danbury, CT 203-739-7000 b) New Fairfield Police – 302 Ball Pond Rd New Fairfield 203-312-5701 c) New Fairfield Fire Dept – 302 Ball Pond Rd New Fairfield 203-312-5729
15) Mini Golf & Driving Ranges: a) Golf Quest - 1 Sand Cut Rd Brookfield 203-297-9965 - Mini-Golf, Driving Range Batting Cage etc. 12 mi dr b) Red Rooster Mini Golf - 1566 NY Rte 22 Brewster, NY 845-279-8046 - 13.5 mi dr c) Golf Performance Center (Rte 7) 824 Ethan Allen Hwy Ridgefield CT 203-790-4650 - 15 mi dr
16) Physical Fitness Centers: a) Curves - 88 State Rte 37 #9 New Fairfield 203-312-8106 - 3 mi dr b) Prime Time Fitness 100 State Rte 37 #8 New Fairfield 203-312-0399 - 3 mi dr c) Perkins Fitness - 45 Padanaram Rd Danbury 203-791-2784 - 7 mi dr d) New York Sports Clubs - 38 Mill Plain Rd Danbury 203-748-9121 - 11 mi dr
17) Ice Cream: a) Peachwave (Sprinkles Homemade Ice Cream) - 28 State Rte 39 New Fairfield 203-885-0515 - 1.5 mi dr b) The Goodie Shoppe - 1 Brush Hill Rd New Fairfield 203-746-7279 - 3 mi dr c) Carvel - 1 Padanaram Rd #23 Danbury 203-792-3428. 7 mi dr towards Rte 84
18) Car Service / Repairs: a) New Fairfield Auto Repair - 104 State Rte 39 New Fairfield 203-746-2422 - 3 mi dr
19) Baby Sitters: Between Camp Counselors across the street and flyers often tacked to our Isle Post Office bulletin board, reliable/responsible babysitting is easy to find
20) Club's Summer Camp activities for Kids. Camp 2012 started on July 2nd and ran through August 10th. Details found under Property Story section's 'Unique Benefits'. 1 week would cost $250 per child
Bedroom 1 - Master Bedroom - main level - 13 x 10.5 - hardwood floor, ceiling fan
Bedroom 2 - main level - 16.5 x 9 - hardwood floor, ceiling fan, AC
Bedroom 3 - main level - 10 x 8 - hardwood floor, ceiling fan
Bedroom 4 - lower level Suite with picture window - 10 x 12 & living area 14 x 14 with single sofa bed & full entertainment system, vinyl floor with area rugs. Ideal kids entertainment area.
Mooring within 300' of house for $10/wk charge
Echo Bay Marina – 227 Candlewood Lake, Brookfield, CT – 203-775-7077
Gerard’s Water Edge Marina 120 Old Town Park Rd, New Milford, CT...moreless
Deck / Patio:
rear stone patio 30 x 16
west patio 12 x 16
front patio seats 2...moreless
1 Richter Park Golf Course 18 holes -9 ½ mile drive 100 Aunt Hack Road, Danbury, CT
2 Candlewood Valley Country Club 18 holes – 17 mile drive – 401 Danbury Road, New Milford, CT...moreless
Kayak / Canoe:
Trolley for canoe, kayak or sunfish available for 250' pull to Club Launch.
You rent or bring the boat....moreless
Lawn / Garden:
Badminton set that can be used on grass lawn between house & Club House
Bocce Ball Game Set that can be used on grass lawn between house & Club House
large propane grill with back up tank and side burner...moreless
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
2 night rentals, if cancelled, with less than 30 days notice will receive a refund of one night.
Two week and monthly rentals, if cancelled, any deposit received will not be refunded unless the property is re-rented. If the property is re-rented then any deposit received will be refunded less a re-rental fee of 15% of the total amount of rent.
2 night rentals payment due at booking. May be cancelled with 30 days notice with no penalty & full refund will be made.
Two week rentals require a $750 security deposit due upon signing lease and a full payment is due 60 days prior to occupancy.
Monthly rentals require a $1,500 security deposit due upon signing lease and full payment is due 60 days prior to rental period.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Prestigious water community with gate house security, tennis courts, club house, beach, basketball and a boat mooring available. Bring your family for summer fun. Also available in off-season for weekend getaways, tree peeping, antiquing, and visiting the Connecticut Wine Trails.
About the owner: We live locally and are available for any questoins as they might arise.
Why the Owner Chose New Fairfield: Nothing compares to location of typical lake activities, all within less than a 300' walk at this price.
Only waterfront properties get you closer at a considerably higher price.
The Unique Benefits at this House: Club house has ongoing activities throughout the summer if you are interested. Activities such as Family BBQ, wine tasting, cocktails on the beach, bocci league, etc.
Boat Mooring available within a 300' walk from house. The Club Dingy is available to access the mooring.
A day camp is available for an extra fee if you have children. See 2012 fees below. Camp 2012 started on July 2nd and ran through August 10th.
6 Weeks – 1st Child $750.00; Addl’ Child - $700
5 Weeks – 1st Child $750.00; Addl’ Child - $700
4 Weeks – 1st Child $675.00; Addl’ Child - $625
3 Weeks – 1st Child $675.00; Addl’ Child - $625
2 Weeks – 1st Child $500.00; Addl’ Child - $500
1 Week – 1st Child $250.00; Addl’ Child - $250
If interested sign up must take place soon after 04/01.
Camp counselors who are 15 and older offer an avenue for babysitters if desired.