Charming, Economical, 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Home Away from Home.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Private Homes house description
3 Bedroom /2 Bathroom, Sleeps 6. Pond with goldfish, large flower filled property. Just a few short miles from the artsy community of Ocean Springs or the beautiful Biloxi & Ocean Springs beaches. Centrally located, just an hours drive to New Orleans or Mobile, Alabama. Lots of charter fishing, 11 casinos, 18 golf courses and within minutes from many restaurants, theaters, and museums.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 6
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- VanEaton Place is only a short 90 mile trip to the famous New Orleans French Quarter. (aprox 1 1/2 hour) and less that an hour to beautiful Mobile, Al. The Family Fun Center in Biloxi and Barnacle Bill's in Waveland now offer miniature golf for the whole family. Other family attractions include Gulf Islands Water Park, the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, Biloxi Shrimping Trip, Ship Island Excursions, just to name a few for you to enjoy during your stay....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Equestrian Events
- Basketball Court
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Duty Free Shops
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- The Van Eaton home is conveniently located 2 miles from Biloxi Back Bay. There are 7 casinos between 3 and 7 miles from the home, including The Hard Rock, Beau Rivage, Palace, Imperial palace, Boomtown, Golden Nugget, and Margaritaville. The famous Walter Anderson Museum of Art is 4.6 miles and the new Ohr O'Keefe museum of Art is 6.7 miles. The Gulf Hills golf course and Interstate 10 are both 2.7 miles. There are aprox 18 golf courses along the Gulf Coast! If you're looking for deep sea fishing, you can find charter boats at the small craft harbors in Ocean Springs and Biloxi, both just 5 miles from the house. The Grand 18 D'Iberville movie theater is 2.6 miles. There's a Walmart, Target, Dicks Sporting Goods, Cole's, Logans, Starbucks, 5 Guys Burgers & Fries, Chili's, Denny's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Outback, Bejing Chinese Buffet, Newks, Moes, Ruby Tuesday, and Applebee's ...all within three miles of the house. If you like beautiful old cars, you may want to come during the week of our famous Crusin' The Coast, Oct. 6-13th, 2013. If you enjoy street festivals, don't miss the Peter Anderson Fest, in Ocean Springs, Nov. 2 & 3rd. If you come Jan-Feb, be sure to catch one of the 23 Mardi Gras parades, one of which passes by the home. The home is a comfortable brick, 3 bedroom, two bath, one level, decorated in a cool, beach cottage style. There is an office with a line for your computer or the room could be used as an additional bedroom. Central air conditioning/heat with ceiling fans in every room. Copies of original artwork thruout the home, photographed /created by the owners, can be purchased. Call owners for details. There is a lovely pond outside with goldfish and the yard is filled with trees, plants, and flowers. The pictures posted were all taken in the house and yard. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
HAD A WONDERFUL WEEKEND IN BILOXI. THE HOUSE WAS VERY COMFORTABLE AND JUST PERFECT FOR MY WIFE'S 78th BIRTHDAY. WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN UPSCALE HOUSE IN THE BILOXI AREA.
- Guest Chuck (Ponchatoula, La.)
- Date of stay 10/18/13
- Review Submitted 10/30/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, age 55+.
Owner response: I am so glad that your birthday event was a good one and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the coast.
Great location. Just what we needed. Perfect for our pups. Very clean.
- Guest Papa Joe (Meridian,MS)
- Date of stay 07/27/13
- Review Submitted 08/01/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thanks Joe. I am glad you had a nice stay and hope you will come back again soon.
We were a group of 6 adults celebrating a birthday in Biloxi. This house provided us with a nice home like feel. It was centrally located for easy access to restaurants, casinos, and stores. The house was fully furnished with all the items you would need for your stay. Correspondence with the owner was very pleasant and informative. I would recommend this house to anyone or any group visiting Biloxi. We will make reservations to stay here again in the future.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 05/17/13
- Review Submitted 05/22/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, sightseeing.
Owner response: I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Vaneaton Place and that you had a wonderful birthday. We look forward to you joining us again soon. Thanks so much.
The place is very nice and peaceful....the cleaning could of been better but other than that we had a blast. thanks again for letting us rent your place.
- Guest Robin (Atlanta, Ga)
- Date of stay 04/19/13
- Review Submitted 04/24/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
The home was charming and roomy. Had everything we needed to prepare meals at the house. Would rent again!!!
- Guest kristi (Alabama)
- Date of stay 03/02/13
- Review Submitted 04/17/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you for staying with us at VanEaton Place. We do hope that you will come again. We are constantly trying to improve our home to make it as comfortable as possible for our guests so that they can have a wonderful visit to the beautiful Gulf Coast of Biloxi. There is so much to see and do. Thanks again.
Love this home away from home!
Love this home away from home!
Thank you so much for sharing your home with our family! I would encourage anyone going to the Biloxi area stay at this beautiful home. It is a great location, close to everything and the what you see in the listing is exactly what you get! I enjoyed waking up, getting a cup of tea (the house is stocked with tea, coffee and everything else to get you started!) and stepping outside and sitting near the goldfish pond and garden. Our daughter was impossible to get out of bed because she said it was the most comfortable bed she's ever been in. After spending a few nights in this home, I would never want to stay in a small hotel room ever again! Truly a beautiful home full of character and charm!
- Guest Karen (Winter Haven, FL)
- Date of stay 03/26/13
- Review Submitted 04/07/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Karen and Carlos, we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit and your stay at Vaneaton Place. The home means alot to us and we are so honored to have such wonderful guests. I wish the best for you and your daughter while your husband is away serving our country and again, we want to thank him for his service to our great country. He will be in our thoughts and prayers.
I rented this house as a surprise for my husband's birthday. The owner, Karen was very helpful with any questions and made herself available. Upon arrival, the home was very clean, and had just about everything you could think of needing. It was a nice relaxing short get away. The day we were leaving, my husband asked if we could rent this home again:) Thank you Karen for our wonderful long weekend. We were especially thankful we were able to bring our dog to enjoy it with us.
- Guest Terri (Jasper, TN)
- Date of stay 02/07/13
- Review Submitted 02/20/13
Recommended for: Pet owners.
Owner response: Terri, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Vaneaton Place. It is so nice to have such wonderful guests visit us and we do hope that you and your husband and pet will come again soon.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Fall & Winter Rates
Sep 1 - Jan 2, 2014
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
|Mardi Gras Week
Feb 27 - Mar 5, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Check the calendar for availability. Prices do not include security deposit and cleaning fee. Prices vary depending on amount of guest and pets.
Please request a price quote.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- additional housekeeping: $100
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Gulfport/Biloxi at 18.9 Miles
- Nearest Train: Ocean Springs at 4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 10 at 2.7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Biloxi/Ocean Springs at 4.6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Several at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Gulf Hills Golf Course at 2.7 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Sicily's Pizza walking distance at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1965
About the owner: In 1965, our father transfered to Keesler Air Force Base from Amarillo, Texas where I was born and raised. I was in High School, my brother in college. Our parents had our home, Vaneaton Place built in 1965. It was one of the first built in the whole subdivision. The coast looked alot different back then. It was considered the hot spot for vacation and weekend get aways. Lots of nightclubs, beach, amusment park, miniture golf.... underground slot machines and gambling. My parents had fallen in love with the Mississippi Coast while on a vacation trip a few years earlier. Hurricane Betsy hit the first month we moved to the coast! What a greeting and what a mess along the beach. Nothing compared to 1969, Hurricane Camile. That really wiped out the coastline. It gave us lots of stories to tell and lots of rebuilding to do. Our home, Vaneaton Place, had no damage. Just trees uprooted. We stayed in the house durning the storm. The glass sliding door (yes the same one that is still in the house) buckled back and forth from the pressure of the storm. It passed durning the night hours and the darkness durning the eye of the storm was so erie that I'll never forget it. Many lots along the scenic beach drive stayed empty for years and years. Life went on. The coast built back. We grew up, had families and moved away but Biloxi, Mississippi remained home for our parents. Hurricane Katrina came along in 2005 and really devastated our beautiful coast all the way from Alabama to Louisiana. Our home actually had about 1 foot of water come in so we lost almost everything. Our Mom never was able to move back in but she did pick out all the colors that you see painted thruout the home. Some of the furnishings are the original. They are all special memories for us. Our Mom loved her home and yard. It is a very special place to us and to our children who have always had it in their lives. A place full of wonderful memories.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
We wanted to keep the house in our family because it is such a part of us. A place we can go to and visit and a place that we can open up and share to travelers who understand how much it mean to us.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We are in a quiet area but just 10 min drive to the beach. There are so many places to shop and eat within minutes of the house including a large movie theatre. There are 7 casinos within a 10 to 15 min drive. Of course fishing and golfing all over the place... Who could ask for a more relaxing place to go.
- Primary: +1 985-788-8118
- Secondary: +1 985-788-8118
- Fax: +1 985 643 6088
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living Room opens to Dinning area and kitchen
Sofa Side Table
See thru to Kitchen from bar & living area. Great for intertaining.
Master Shower with river rock floor.
Hall Bath with tub/shower
Den/office area with TV and recliner
Fish in the Pond
Cruising the Coast every year in October
Front Yard Azaleas
Living Room Decore
Kitchen/Dinning Room area w/ 2 bar sitting areas for extra seating and visiting
Master Bedroom with comfortable Queen size bed, TV & side chair for reading
Bedroom #2 Queen size bed, comfortable reading chair and tv
Hall Bedroom #2 with Queen size bed and TV
Utility room area with supplied if needed
Back Yard Red Maple Tree
Lilies in back yard
Front yard blooming Pear Tree
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 29, 2013