Smoky Mtn. Cabin Hot Tub, Internet, and Long Range Mtn. Views
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Lure cabin description
2 Master Suites! 2 bedrooms plus 3rd sleeping area (loft) and 2.5 baths.
Outdoor Spa with Sunset, Long Range Mountain and Starry Night Views
This mountain home has spectacular views from every angle! Large decks wrap around three sides of the home, and the views are incredible! Nice private Master Suite with separate sitting area, beautiful, upgraded kitchen with sitting area and Living Room with high ceilings and gas fireplace. Private guest area upstairs with a bedroom, sitting area and full bath.
Home is very spacious, cozy and has a unique decor of a safari hunt club with very comfortable furnishings. The home also has good TV package and high speed internet for those who need to stay in touch with work and friends.
The lake at Laurel Lakes has good fishing (bass and brim). Also take a swim on those warm summer days and it is a perfect place to walk the dog while just taking in the awesome wonders of the area. If you enjoy riding bikes, there are 2 bikes with helments for your enjoyment.
Chimney Rock State Park is only a few miles away from the home and it offers challenging hiking trails and awesome views from the top. The local area has many different things to do (shopping, fishing, golf and so much more), Come and see for your self!!
- 1650 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 5:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Attractions and Activities in and Around the Lake Lure Area Lake Lure: Enjoy a Boat Tour of the lake in a spacious covered boat, or enjoy a Dinner Cruise. Bring the kids to the Lake Lure Water Park and Fun Center, Check out the beach and Golfing at Rumbling Bald Resort, and Golf at the Lake Lure Municipal Golf Course. Visit the Refurbished Lake Lure Inn and Spa for a look at an historic building, great meal and massage. Shop and hike and much more in Lake Lure! Chimney Rock: Take a hike at Chimney Rock State Park and see the most spectacular views of Lake Lure, and beyond! Dine and shop while walking along a beautiful mountain river, and feel as if you have walked back in time. Enjoy a scenic drive from Lake Lure heading north on 74A west toward Asheville. You will go through little towns like Bat Cave, Gerton and Fairview. Along the way you will find gorgeous mountain views, while driving along switch-backs, farmland and valleys. Stop at small, quaint shops along the way. Asheville: In Asheville you can visit downtown and find eclectic shops, a great variety of fine dining, and all kinds of parks and activity. Ride the Asheville Historic Trolley for a tour of the downtown, or visit the Art Museum on Pack Square. You can watch their very own Ashville Tourists Baseball Team play, or visit the North Carolina Arboretum on the west side of the city. Take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and visit the Folk Art Museum where you will find Art by artists of the Carolinas. Asheville is famous for the Biltmore House, and The Farmers Market, the largest for miles and open year round. Hendersonville: Historic Downtown Hendersonville has been completely revitalized over the last 10 years and has become a great place. With beautifully restored historic buildings, unique shopping and dining, it is a great experience. While in the area there are two theaters for shows, Little Theater and the Flat Rock Playhouse. Visit the Carl Sandburg Home and walk the park trails around it. So stay in Lake lure for your vacation, or venture out for day trips in any direction, for whatever your heart desires. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Lake lure was great. Had a great time hiking to waterfalls , visiting a cavern , taking a drive to Asheville. Already planning a trip with extended family next summer! The house was nice. Slept all of us comfortably. Disappointed the spa was not working. That was the main reason we chose this house over another. Wish we knew before arriving. The views from porch are very nice. Overall a nice stay.
- Guest Cathleen M.
- Date of stay 07/23/13
- Review Submitted 08/08/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children.
Manager response: Hey Guys, Sorry about the hot tub it has really been a thorn in our side this season. Once again it is running and almost every part has been replaced this summer. The owner said if you would like to come back that he will give you one night free because of the tub not working. Hope to see you next year. Scott
Very relaxing get-away
Very relaxing get-away
We arrived in the pouring rain and it rained most of the time we were there! Despite the rain we enjoyed our family time and spent lots of time on the huge wrap-around porch. The home was nicely furnished but we would have enjoyed a couple more comfortable chairs in the living area. The kitchen was very well equipped - the owners thought of everything we might need. There was also a nice supply of paper supplies as well as kitchen and bath essentials. The view is peaceful and if it had been better weather we could have enjoyed a view of the mountains not too far away. Our biggest disappointment was that the spa was not working. The spa was one of our main attractions to this home so if it is important to you as well, you may want to verify that it is in working order. It would have been fun to use in the rainy weather! The Lake Lure area is beautiful and I would definitely like to go back and explore the area a little more! Our day trip to Asheville was a lot of fun and another to the Black Mountain area was fun as well. A hike on Chimney Rock would have been great, weather permitting! Right around the corner from Rumbling Bald Resort if you want a nice lunch with a great view or a spa treatment! The Property Managers were a pleasure to work with and promptly refunded our security deposit They also responded to our issue on the spa but were unable to get it fixed during our short holiday weekend visit. Thank you for allowing us to stay at your mountain home!
- Guest DEBBIE B.
- Date of stay 07/03/13
- Review Submitted 07/15/13
Manager response: “Thank you for the review and your great comments; wish we could have something about the rain (Here in Mass too; our rainfall last month was 3 times the June average.) However, we can and ARE, addressing the spa problem which should be resolved this week. And we’ll definitely look into getting additional comfortable chairs in the living area. Thanks again, and hope you come back soon. And should you book again, remind Scott that we owe you a free day because of the spa. ~ Alan & Joy ~” Just a note is was fixed on July 18, 2013
Very comfortable and nicely appointed cabin. The feel of rustic with all the modern conveniences. Just loved hearing whipporwills at night and the wild turkey in the morning. So much to do and see and all so close by. Lake Lure and Chimney Rock minutes away. Nice hiking trails (even the neighborhood is a great walk!) and of course the lake. We shall return!
- Guest Bee (Vero Beach FL)
- Date of stay 04/16/13
- Review Submitted 05/23/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
********Please call for Holiday prices!!********Pet Fee $50.00******************** ------------------2/Nights(min) 3/Nights Extra Night Weekly 1-2 People $400.00 $500.00 $115.00 $860.00 3-8 People N/A $565.00 $135.00 $940.00 Tax 11.75% 11.75% 11.75% 11.75% Security Deposit Is $200.00: Will be returned if no damage is done to cabin.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Greenville SC at 50 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US Highway 64/74 at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Luna (Apple Valley Resort) at 4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Boone at 100 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Rumbling Bald Resort/Apple Valley at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Lakeview at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About: Hi, we’re Alan & Joy from Massachusetts and we purchased Safari Lodge in November of 2012. We wanted a place to vacation to for a few years, and eventually retire to; and Lake Lure seemed like the perfect spot. Much milder winters and more comfortable summers, beautiful views, plenty to do and see. We’ve furnished Safari Lodge to be comfortable and cozy, and with all the conveniences of home. In April we’ll be adding an outdoor spa so you can relax and enjoy the star-filled skies as you soak.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Safari Lodge is located in the very quiet upscale Laurel Lakes subdivision in Lake Lure; and is walking distance to its lake, and a short drive to the much larger Lake Lure. There are great restaurants, shopping, boating, golf and much more. We know you’ll enjoy it here and want to come back.
- Primary: (828) 674-0901 (North Carolina, USA)
- Secondary: (828) 685-8715 (North Carolina, USA)
- Fax: +1 8774690499
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Surround by beauty!
Fully Stock Kitchen with Gas Stove
Nice Living Area
Master Bed on Main Level
Entertainment Area with pull out couch
Lake Lure Beach Area
Views toward the East
2nd Master Suite with Queen Size Bed and Full Bath
Outside Dinning Table
Lake Lure Boat Tours
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, November 08, 2013