Bahamas Sea Cliff Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Gregory Town cottage description
We have an artist island house that is set up for couples or friends to enjoy dramatic views of the sea. The changing colors on the cliffs and sea thorough out the day is beautiful. This is fine place to tune into the island pace and get back to a simpler way of life. Enjoy discovering the warm Bahamian culture and also the creative surfer / artist community in the area. The house has an open space plan. The living area opens up to large deck as a true indoor outdoor living space. Tall shutter doors can be opened up or shut down to control wind flow through house . The kitchen, dinning and living area are below with views of the sea. The sleeping spaces are in a loft above accessed through drop down attic ladder. The lofts also have views of the sea. There is a queen bed on east side of the loft and 2 twin beds in the west loft. There is 1 Spacious bathroom with cistern soft rain water with hot and cold shower. It is a nice spot for Lovers.
- 456 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Beds are in loft accesed by climbing attic ladder.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Dishes & Utensils:
Fully stocked matching dishes and glassware, full range of large pots and pans for cooking Island seafood stew and pastas. One pot meals are easiest. The kitchen is easy to cook in and a fun activity...moreless
4 burner Gas cook top and a large toaster oven you can broil full meals or cook a whole chicken lobsters or fish, Vegatables ,Bahamian bread pizza etc. Some locally organic produce is available....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room seats 6
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Bahamas Sea Cliff Cottage is my artist island home built in Bahamian vernacular style similar to Loyalist Cottages built by boat builders 200 years ago. We have a large deck to enjoy beautiful views of rugged tall cliffs with a million shades of blue Bahamian waters that are in dynamic change throughout the day. Enjoy the sea birds and rich marine life below. The island has much to discover both culturally and in its pristine natural beauty. The views from our home are the best....each day brings dynamic changing, light, wind and tide on the Exuma Sound. There are truly amazing sunsets. The house is brand new with simple elegant island inspired decor. Some of my Daniel Caldwell isalnd paintings are featured. You can bicycle, walk, or go by car to local beaches to surf , snorkel or collect shells and sea glass which is a local favorite . Engage in the friendly Bahamian community which is great fun. Relax and unplug from busy world. If you like to read, write , sketch, or paint watercolors..... its a fine spot for this. There are several local style restaraunts and grocery stores near by. There is live music nightly at different venues up and down the island. Find out who is hosting the live music when you arrive. You can rent surfboards or Kyaks, or go fish with a local guide. Several places in Gregory town provide this. I also have 2 basic mountain bikes at the house available for your conservative use. Ride to Surfers Beach a10 minute scenic bike ride to the broad beach with high dunes on the Atlantic side . In Gregory town check in with local fish dock in town for fresh fish , lobster stone crabs or conch. Conch salad is excellent ask who is making it that day. Go to Pam's Island Made gift shop visit with Pam and see the creative talent of local artisans Pam included. Ida's Delights for Ice Cream or for her Grits and Fish in the morning. Good Fuel for the day! . Don't miss 'Laughing Lizard' for healthy organic grown lunch or breakfast as well as WIFI also see Ann at the Glass Window art and garden center next door for more island crafts and fresh local grown produce. See Ann at Mr Bone's liquor store for cold beer and spirits Rent Surf Boards & water toys at Surfer Pete's in Gregory Town or with Tom at Surfers Haven near surfers beach ...Tom also offers surf lessons and island adventure nature tours. Book a fishing /dive charter by boat with Barry at Captain Z Fishing charters in Gregory Town cove. Or go Handline fishing with local expert Basil. Great fun!! and you'll catch dinner. A rental car is recommended and It is fun to day trip while there... pack a lunch and a cooler and head off. Here are a few things I recommend seeing: Preachers Cave, The caves at Hatchet Bay. Gaulding Cay Beach, Surfers Beach, Tarpum Bay , The Island School . Eleuthera Lighthouse beach at very south end of the island. Day trip 20 minutes north to fancy fashionable Harbour Island where you'll find Historic Dunmore Town with buildings dating back to 1700's. Harbour island is very walkable or rent golf carts. Iconic pink sand beaches fine dinning or casual dinning. You may also bump into fashion or movie stars. Please stop in to see my paintings at Princess Street Gallery. ' ask for Daniel Caldwell art' as well as other fine local artist showing there. Ride down to Governors Harbour... 30 min south and see a bit of laid back old Bahamas with some elegant old homes downtown , hip beach front eateries and local style conch burger stands, small boutiques. There's live music certain nights of the week. Seasonal Fish Fry's on Friday nights with dancing in the streets. Visit the beautiful picturesque community of Current 30 minutes north and bring snorkel gear to drift dive the tide in Current Cut . You' ll be thrilled to see amazing colorful coral lined walls and beautiful sea life. Visit Spanish Wells... an industrious fishing community who are longtime ' Bahamian Crawfish' fisherman. See quaint pastel waterfront cottages ,fishing docks ,work boats and a unique culture. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We arrived in Eleuthera in October 2014 our first visit to this beautiful Island! We explored the Island from the Northern tip to the Southern tip, each equally as beautiful. We found the people of Eleuthera kind and caring. Many we gave rides from town to town. It was a great way to become part of their culture and learn about their families. We bought freshly caught fish and crawfish (lobster) from the local fisherman it sure made for some tasty meals on the grill! Phillip the caretaker of Sea Cliffs is very kind and informative. He was a great help on our arrival. Sea Cliffs was spectacular, the view is unbelievable. Every morning we sipped our coffee, did a little reading and waited for the Sea Turtle to make his morning swim below the deck. The Cottage is so warm and inviting, it is decorated beautiful and the view is amazing. We made sure we were back at the cottage for Sunset. It was hard to leave Sea Cliff and the relaxing moments you get while there. We would like to Thank Dan and his wife for sharing their piece of paradise, we would love to come back!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 10/09/13
- Review Submitted 10/29/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Scott and Laura from NC
Scott and Laura from NC
We stayed in the Sea Cliff Cottage the last week in May. We had two stunningly beautiful days and 5 rainy days, but we forged ahead on outings regardless and were rewarded by 7 gloriously romantic days!! The Cottage is perched on a post card perfect cliff about 60-80 feet over the sea. The gin clear water is great for spotting rays, turtles and large fish swimming by. You are alone on that deck and we enjoyed breakfasts and dinners together looking out over the Carribean. The owner is an artist and the two colors he chose for the exterior are absolutely striking. The inside is perfect for a couple. Great kitchen and comfortable living area. Our favorite was the bathroom of all places where we could open doors and shower looking out over the sea. There is still a little interior construction taking place, but doesn't really interfere with day to day living. Make sure you get some charcoal and grill on Daniel's makeshift grill out front. Lot's of fun!! Eleuthera is a wonderful island. The greatest asset are its people who were all generous, kind and patient with tourists. We actually spent time with the local schoolchildren in Gregory Town at recess/lunch where they mugged for pictures and enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed them. Ben Bay Beach, Ocean Hole, Alabaster Beach, Gaulding Cay were all great. We had everyone of those places to ourselves. We caught bonefish on fly while waiting for the Friday night fish fry in Governor's Harbor. Many characters were met, meals enjoyed, drinks imbibed, and sunsets savored. Go now!!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 05/25/13
- Review Submitted 06/18/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
My wife and I have stayed all over Eleuthera including Harbour Island and no place we have stayed before has the charm and elevated sea views that this cottage does. The caretaker is wonderful and can answer all questions. For the ultimate getaway from everything, this place cannot be beat! We will be back often.
- Guest EB (Atlanta )
- Date of stay 03/14/13
- Review Submitted 04/04/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thanks Elliot I'm so happy you enjoyed our place and thank you for the kind review . We love being there and had a wonderful Easter holiday with my wife and son. We had some new adventures at Preachers Cave beach which was very beautiful I recommend checking this out when you come back . And please come back soon.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Base Rates are for 2 persons.... ad $100 for per person for each extra person per week.
Personal check preffered paid in advance or credit card Mastercard or Visa 3% up charge on credit card payment.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
We require 300 dollar refundable security deposit.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: North Eleuthera or Governors Harbour at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Hatchet Bay at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Queens Highway at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Surfers Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Sugar Apple Inn at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Laughing Lizzard at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I am Daniel Caldwell an artist paintings in oils. The Bahamas has been a wonderful muse for my work for over 25 years now. I have built this home as part of the inspiration for my work. I also paint there and share time with my wife Liz our 3 kids William,Lizzie, and Chris . We all and love Eleuthera, the island life and to surf, sail ,dive ,and fish.
Why the Owner Chose Gregory Town:
Eleuthera is rich in art history.... American Master Winslow Homer painted here 100 years ago and many wonderful artist have followed suit. The island ,offers pristine natural beauty ,laid back and friendly Bahamian culture as well as a new twist ...the surfer / artist culture which evolved in Gregory Town over the last 50 years. This culture keeps great vibe going for those who get it. I will admit it's not for everyone....I've grown to love it and pinch myself to be part of this season in the islands history.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Remote quite , minimal simpler way of life , pristine beauty, fun surf on occasion. Plenty of social life or not.
- Primary: +1 9548160618
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sea Cliff Cottage a fun romantic getaway near Surfers Beach,Eleuthera Bahamas
Rugged tall cliffs... some of the highest in the Bahamas
A clean kitchen & dinning space well appointed for cooking in.
Queen size bed in loft and 3 single beds in opposite loft.
My wife Liz happy here in our island home bringing in the woman's touch. Merci
Surf gets pretty good sometimes.
Day trip up to fancy Harbour Island for fine cuisine, boutiques & 1 art gallery.
Day trip to Spanish Wells a culturally unique commercial fishing community
My wife Liz on her daily sea glass hunts. There is beauty everywhere......
MM MM Good fresh conch salad,fish and lobster... island seafood is Da Best!
Colorful cliff views and with changing light throughout the day
The large deck that wraps around all sides of our Sea Cliff Cottage
1940's vintage rattan seating. Traditional cypress walls w/ island art decor.
Enjoy a nice mid day read on the deck
Simple bathroom & hot rainwater shower
Awe inspiring sunsets on the deck. Fine Cuban cigars are also available locally.
Good fun to hang in the iconic Surfers Beach Shack. A community center of sorts
Enjoy the fun loving cool Bahamians who are quick with a smile and a laugh
If the wind is blowing on 1 side of island find a calm water beach on opposite.
Kids find all kinds of fun playing with locals in a Gregory Town cove.
Try hand line fishing with Basil the local expert. Chris scored big time!
Eleuthera is truly a magical island with much to discover along the way. Enjoy
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, September 20, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.